Off White Goes off the Street
High End Street Wear Brand Off White known for their diagonal/Slant stripes and the word WHITE on the backs of shirts, usually in a Black and White Color-Way. Goes off the path a bit in their latest Fall-Winter 2017 Runway Show.
There are lots of Vans inspired Checks, Flowing/Swaying with the wind clothes, various colored denim and a few nice shirts with the diagonal/slant design and White on back long-sleeved shirts, made out of an exquisite fluffy type of material.
I suspect it was time to shuffle things up a bit. But with all the sold out standard Tees unavailable. I would have gone at least another year of the standard issue Off White branded diagonal stripes with the big WHITE on back shirts and pants. *With all the Sold-Out Off White clothing out there, might be tempted to get a $86 Knock off on Ebay, but the sellers seem a bit sketchy. Sizing is xs-XL and says most shirts fit all. That sounds pretty whackety Whack. So, maybe I’ll never get an Off White Shirt if the trend continues with things like this Runway Show.
We shall see if these looks catch on as HOT as all their other shirts and pants did over the last few years. In NY Dec 2015, Off White was the Biggest brand I noticed in NYC. This Year, Dec, 2016, what I saw most were those super long, most likely very warm, tres expensive Canada Goose jackets in Dark Blue. LInes down the street at their store and people grabbing for them right and left at Bloomies.
- The Long Sleeve Diagonal print with WHITE on back shirts with the fluffy material.
- The Bomber Jacket with the Orange block square pattern.
- The Music: Very spot on with the spoken word, underground Hip-Hop and Jazz, ambient soundtrack. It sounded exactly like 2 restaurants I ate in NY in December 2016. Seems like the world is going toward more of a background underground mix than the blazing EDM and banging industrial of the last couple years.
- The long plaid Men’s Jacket.
- The Vans inspired checkered shirts and pants. Let Vans do Vans. Let Off White do Off White. The limited Edition Chrome Hearts x Off White Tees at Christmas were also Vans inspired. Were a direct take off of their logo. Somethings going on with the 2 companies. Hmm
- The flowing/Swaying materials and vibe. Felt a bit old-fashioned not forward fashion.
- The lack of the standard Diagonal/Slant Designs with the word WHITE on back.
- The funny colored Denim.
- And the leave prints. I can go to Wal-Mart for some Leave imprinted camo for $49 instead of what will most likely be $490.
- Baggy pants. This is a trend I see a lot in menswear. I liked the drop crotch look, I liked the fitted suits, but me, I think I would look funny in baggie pants with wide leg holes. Maybe a 22 year old could pull it off, but I doubt it would work for me.
What do you think of the New Direction of Off White? Feeling it? Or not? Let us know in the comment section.
See you on the Streetz! This week I finally have a Saturday off, so hopefully hitting the beach, sleeping a bit and maybe some Yoga or even Chanting…if I get the courage to go to it.