Hot Models, Chic Clothes, & Styling Shoes..Such a Wonderful way to Shop
This is such a fun runway show, I couldn’t resist posting it. For the Chanel Fall 2014 Paris Collection, Karl Lagerfeld held the show at the Grand Palais at the Chanel Shopping Center..a Giant Costco-Esque supermarket or as the French would say Super Marche. It’s time to stop Channel Surfing and start Chanel Shopping!
This is a Spectacular, Tres-Chic, fun show to watch. The Highlights that really stood out for me, other than the awesome setting are:
- The Multi-Colored oil slick sneakers (Easier to walk in while shopping than heels).
- The just under the knee Silver chrome accented boots and later on in the show a pair of similar bronze version.
- The small stylish metal grocery baskets. The little black CC Purse and the Luxe-Life CC necklaces and adornments.
- The Silver-Metallic Dress. It looks a bit like Chain metal. I like that look.
- The Over-Sized Silver and Gold Pop-Top Necklaces.
- The Big Black Headphones.
- The necklaces with the Giant Bicycle/Locker Padlocks dangling from them. I think I could rock one of those…
- My favorite outfit is the grey jacket and pants with the many holes in them. Very unexpected, yet such an excellent look.
- And I love it in the end when the models actually shop and the one man model in the show is carrying one of the models many, many Chanel Shopping bags. So funny!
Colors included Black (of course), Some light pink ensembles, a bit of orange, a few outfits with many, many colors in them and of course the Biggest trend for Fall 2014, the obsequious Grey Color. Women and Men will be seeing a lot of Grey this Fall 2014 and Winter 2015. It seems to be in every show in some way shape or form. When is that 50 Shades of Grey movie coming out anyways? The First time I checked it was November 2014, Second time I checked it was around Valentines Day 2015. Either one fits the time-table of the color grey for Fall 2014 or Winter 2015.
Hey-does anyone know why Grey is spelled Grey and other times Gray? I don’t get it. I tend to like Grey. Which outfit or shoes did you like the best? Did you spot any of the “Where’s Waldo” types of intricacies in the show..maybe the +50% Sale Sign? The Hefty-Bag Coat or the Little Black Tea? The more you watch the more fun you can have with this show. LMK what you find and let us all know in the comments section? I’m sure there is much more to find in your favorite Chanel Shopping Aisle. Jambon anyone? Have a Great Monday!
What’s Hot for the Holidays-2013
Streetzblog Hot List-2013
These are just rapid-fire ideas for your shopping pleasure in no particular order. If you’d like some free custom ideas, fill out the form at the bottom of the page. LMK who you are shopping for, Male/Female, relative? age etc and I’ll email you back a personal selection within 48 hours of 5-10 items you can get in various price points. You know I love to shop, so I’m pretty sure I can handle this task pretty well for you. Have a Happy Holiday Season!
1. The Peanut Butter and Jelly Wallet and Hot Dog Pencil Cases: So Colorful and fun! Great Conversation starters. Available at the museum shop at MOMA NYC.
2. Valentino Camurock: Bright Pink, army green, dark brown handbags. Might be pricey, but great vibe for the winter doldrums.
3.Moto Lights’s Plexiglas shade: You gotta’ see this one to really get the right effect. It’s like a car light, a pair of skiing goggles and a light for your house all in one. Comes in a great cobalt blue that reflects whatever else is in your room. And for lazy people like me, you can just plug it right into a light socket, no tools needed. Available for 230 Euro at moustache.fr
4. NBA Christmas Jerseys: Last year they went with the BIG COLOR versions. I picked up the orange on orange Carmelo Jersey. This year, the NBA is opting for the short-sleeve T style Jerseys for Christmas Day. Last year, the special jerseys sold-out. so yo may want to get yours now. I can’t tell if I dig these or not. Might need to see them in person. Available at NBA.COM.
5. The Chillsner: This is an in-bottle drink thru beer chiller. Just put the silver sipper in the freezer for a few days, then insert into a cold bottled beer and drink. A nice replacement for the 1980s Coozie. Available at chillsner.com
6. Area: 1983-1987. Some really great pictures in this book including Andy Warhol, a greenish grey swimming pool in the club w actual people swimming in the “water”, Boy George getting a drink from a uhm..an interesting Statue, JFK Jr. Grace Jones and many other fabulous pictures from this famous club that was only around for 4 years.
7. Golden Metallic Coach Tote: The color of this is just totally awesome, full on goldish bronze metallic. Can be worn as a cross body bag with the optional longer strap. Price seems pretty good too! $268 at Coach.Com
8.Pentax Q7 Camera: These babies come in 120 different color combos! And it’s boasted as the “world’s smallest, lightest interchangeable lens system”. Also great for insta-glammers, it has 19 build in effects. $500 at pentaximaging.com.
9. BeoPlay H6 Headphones: Headphones and Mini Boom Box speakers are Big items this Holiday season. This pair of headphones is for those looking for total comfort. They are specially made in New Zealand using soft supple cowhide leather. Of course being from bang and olufsen they provide a delicious combination of pristine and powerful sound. $399 Available at shopbangandolufsen.com
10. Robert Clergerie and Opening Ceremony Exclusive White Brogue: The low-top brogue seems to be the “IT” shoe for Women this Winter season. Why not get your hands on an exclusive pair? $585 at openingceremony.us
11. Italia Independent Sunglasses: Black rimmed with a nice bright blue, then you turn your head and they turn into blue/green/orange mirrored lenses. Instant Style! $147 at 25park.com
12. Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Gear: Great gifts for Kama’aina and people from all over the world. Choose hats, shirts, posters and more from the three jewels of the Triple Crown. The Reef Hawaiian Pro, The World Cup of Surfing or the Billabong Pipe Masters. Available at VansTripleCrownOfSurfing.com
14.Alexander Wang x Beats by Dre: Exclusive designs of very sleek luxe headphones designed by Alexander Wang in Matte Black and gold-Oh these babies are sweet! The case is also nice in glossy stingray w clip and zipper. Also available the Beats Pill and the Urbeats earbuds. Headphones $499, Pill wireless speaker, $299 Earbudsv$149. Available at an on-line pre-sale event on December 15 at beatsbydre. Then available to everyone on December 16 at beatsbydre.com or alexanderwang.com
15. The Customized Karl Lagerfeld Rolex Watch: This also comes in one of my favorite colors of the season-Matte Black. It’s a limited edition time piece that features the Lagerfeld signature cameo at 7 p.m. his signature at the base and his infamous cameo camouflage on the watch face. A bit pricey but I don’t know a Rolex that’s not. $25,820 at the Karl Lagerfeld flagship boutiques in Paris and Munich.
16.Fendi Buggie: This is a rather strange and expensive bag tag. The Mink or Fox fuzzy charms come with their own personality. Funny, Snobby, Angry, Crazy, and Playful. The Orange haired Buggie I saw looked pretty pissed off, guess he was the angry one. I’ll keep my eyes open in HI, NYC and Chicago to see if I see any on anyones purse. $550 each available at 212-759-4646.
17. iRobotBraava 380t: This is on my Christmas list. At the place I live I don’t have any carpets, just floors. This “Floor Mopping Robot” automatically slips and slides around your home, mopping and sweeping your hard floors. What a perfect gift..And I bet if you have cats, it could be Big fun too! $299.99 Bedbathandbeyond.com.holiday
18. ION Archive Turntable: Get out your old records and get ready to hear them again. Not only will you hear them on the built-in speaker system, you can turn the records into digital music with a simple USB connection. $69.99 bedbathandbeyond.com/holiday