Just checking in real quick. Sorry I couldnt write much this week. I’ve been going to work from 830A-1230P then School from 2P-8P. A bit draining I did notice that the Knicks Blue and Orange Spike Lee shoes will be coming out on November 5th and they will be $175. Just not sure where they will be sold and if they are limited or not, But they are HOT!
After I make it through this intense week, I’ll be doing some How to Make it in American postings and the Halloween Kicks article I promised you a couple of weeks ago. Until then, I need to do some homework now, then get some sleep. Have a Great Rest of the week!
First off-Man did time fly or what? The final Season of Entourage is over and so is this season of True Blood. I thought I would have time to give up my HBO for a month or two to save a few bucks. But, Wow! no ways! “How To Make it in America” Season Two Debuts next week Sunday October 2nd. When I posted their first vid for the new season I had no idea it would be here this quickly. by the looks of the Vid, it seems that Ben and Cam actually have a Store called “Crisp”, that sounds pretty quick from one pair of jeans to a store, but they must have been hustling all Summer long. If you watch the first of this year’s season LMK what you think? I know lots of people didn’t even know the show existed last year and I for one am glad its back. You can also check out Season 1 on HBO On-Demand. I’ll be watching HTMIIA live Hawaii time on twitter #howtomakeit join me if you get a chance!
Now on to various HOT-NESS. This isn’t from any website or magazine. It’s just a random list of what I’ve been noticing around town in Honolulu of what’s HOT NOW and seems to be trending.
1. Black, Flourescent Green and bright Purple
2. Shuffle Crews at Raves
3. More and more designer Kicks on HPU students than ever before. When I walk to work in the morning the HPU students used to wear lots of generic lookin’ lameness, but this year they’ve stepped up their game big time!
4. The fashion Laces: No shoelaces, Kicks with bright shoe laces and sneaks with different colored laces on the left and on the right.
5. Retro Aloha Shirts: Prints ala’ Magnum P.I and even earlier looks from the orignal Hawaii Five-0 days.
6. Watching TV on Twitter with friends and strangers
7. Red Headphone Cords: About 10 years or so ago the Hipsters on the Subway all wore the white earbuds and that told everyone that they were cool and were also rocking an iPod, not just some generic mp3 player. Soon after the white earbuds became the norm. Nowadays I’m noticing the “hipper” peeps using the red cord that comes with the Beatz By Dre Headphones. So Just so you know, the red ones mean you have a nice pair of $300 headphones and you are cool. And from the sales numbers that are huge and keep soaring, these expensive yet awesome headphones may soon become the “norm”.
8. Work Boots-Mainly Reddish Brown for this Fall..well not actually in HI yet..it took uggs about 8 years before I saw them on people in Waikiki. But I gotta include work boots because I’ve been seeing them everywhere else I look.
What are you seeing in the streetz where you live? or on the net or mags? What’s Hot Where you at? LMK
Coming Soon to streetzblog.com-Some of the best Kicks for Halloween! oh Yeah! My favorite Holiday is almost here.
Hit me up on the comments section or email me at: Alohabros@gmail.com Have a nice weekend!
About a month ago we scored the first trailer for the new season, now here’s the second trailer very HOT off the presses. The trailer is very slick, fast paced and a bit on the rated “R” tip. Looks like Ben Epstein and Cam Calderon take a trip to Tokyo and run into their usually mishaps, fun and mischief as they do in NYC.
For now we have Entourage to watch for the rest of the Summer, anyone who likes Entourage, Fashion, Kicks and New York City will enjoy this show. I like it, I didn’t actually expect it back because many critics didn’t like the show. And I don’t know anyone else who watches it-but that never means much.
This year Kid Cudi returns as Domingo Dean and we’ll have special appearances by Pusha T, Javier Nunez, Pharrel Williams amongst others. Check back here on Streetzblog.com for rumours and news on the upcoming season I’m sure we’ll have them.
Special thanks to GQ and HypeBeast for the clip. I gotta’ tell you it was hard to get on to this page, it wasnt on YouTube, so I had to send it to my other blog advertisinginhawai.com, then copy and paste it over here. Now I need to erase it from over there..or maybe I’ll just keep it on there. It’s fun to watch, why not let more people see it.