Now I gotta tell you I don’t work for HBO or even know anyone who works there. And Yeah, I know I already posted a “How to Make it in America” video this week. But this one is just too cool and I totally dig the NYC vibe. What song is this? I know I have it on a CD in my car, but my brain is kind of blurred from too much paperwork at work this week. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Luis Guzman gets a neck tattoo-bet it’s not real! See you Sunday October 2nd on Twitter, hope we can watch the first show of the second season together #howtomakeit I’ll either be @scottmackenzie3 or @HiChiNy it depends on which computer or iPad I use on October 2nd.
First off-Man did time fly or what? The final Season of Entourage is over and so is this season of True Blood. I thought I would have time to give up my HBO for a month or two to save a few bucks. But, Wow! no ways! “How To Make it in America” Season Two Debuts next week Sunday October 2nd. When I posted their first vid for the new season I had no idea it would be here this quickly. by the looks of the Vid, it seems that Ben and Cam actually have a Store called “Crisp”, that sounds pretty quick from one pair of jeans to a store, but they must have been hustling all Summer long. If you watch the first of this year’s season LMK what you think? I know lots of people didn’t even know the show existed last year and I for one am glad its back. You can also check out Season 1 on HBO On-Demand. I’ll be watching HTMIIA live Hawaii time on twitter #howtomakeit join me if you get a chance!
Now on to various HOT-NESS. This isn’t from any website or magazine. It’s just a random list of what I’ve been noticing around town in Honolulu of what’s HOT NOW and seems to be trending.
1. Black, Flourescent Green and bright Purple
2. Shuffle Crews at Raves
3. More and more designer Kicks on HPU students than ever before. When I walk to work in the morning the HPU students used to wear lots of generic lookin’ lameness, but this year they’ve stepped up their game big time!
4. The fashion Laces: No shoelaces, Kicks with bright shoe laces and sneaks with different colored laces on the left and on the right.
5. Retro Aloha Shirts: Prints ala’ Magnum P.I and even earlier looks from the orignal Hawaii Five-0 days.
6. Watching TV on Twitter with friends and strangers
7. Red Headphone Cords: About 10 years or so ago the Hipsters on the Subway all wore the white earbuds and that told everyone that they were cool and were also rocking an iPod, not just some generic mp3 player. Soon after the white earbuds became the norm. Nowadays I’m noticing the “hipper” peeps using the red cord that comes with the Beatz By Dre Headphones. So Just so you know, the red ones mean you have a nice pair of $300 headphones and you are cool. And from the sales numbers that are huge and keep soaring, these expensive yet awesome headphones may soon become the “norm”.
8. Work Boots-Mainly Reddish Brown for this Fall..well not actually in HI yet..it took uggs about 8 years before I saw them on people in Waikiki. But I gotta include work boots because I’ve been seeing them everywhere else I look.
What are you seeing in the streetz where you live? or on the net or mags? What’s Hot Where you at? LMK
Coming Soon to streetzblog.com-Some of the best Kicks for Halloween! oh Yeah! My favorite Holiday is almost here.
Hit me up on the comments section or email me at: Alohabros@gmail.com Have a nice weekend!
Last night was the Big night for all those lucky enough to be in NYC and be invited to the big, red carpet premiere of Entourage Season 8. It was held on Wednesday July 20th at the Beacon Theater in extremely HOT weather. Looks like pretty much the whole cast showed up and the attendees all got to watch the premiere of the first episode. I didnt notice any Hot Kicks on anyone. But the suits all looked nice on the main stars-mostly summer colors-Lighter blues, greys, a bit of dark blue and no black cause it was so super hot in NYC on Wed night. So far, all I could find in attendance other than the stars of the show were: Producer and Stylist-Pharrel Williams and Friendstar-David Schwimmer, but I’m sure there were many more.
This is the trailer for HBO’s “How to Make it in America” Season 2, it doesn’t tell us much, but it does show us that the show is for sure coming back for another season! I was hoping it was coming back because it was fun to watch NYC street culture in an actual TV show. The show is pretty much like Entourage where sometimes its real and sometimes its fiction. Last year’s show had special appearances by Kid Cudi and skater Javier Nunez amongst other fledgling stars of the screen and street.
If you’re into fashion or street culture, this is the show to watch! Last year it showed Ben Epstein and Cam Calderon spending their last money they owned to make a pair of custom jeans to follow their dream to create the Hot new brand for all the hipsters and skaters to wear. They did get the jeans produced but ran in a whole heck of a lot of trouble along the way. The show also followed a street hustler trying to go straight by selling some sort of Jamaican energy juice, which had even more ups and downs, which were mostly down, yet pretty funny!
Looking forward to seeing what happens this year. Show is also fun to watch to see what everyone’s wearing from hard to find “Dunks” to slick pea coats & classic boots, and that’s just what the guys had on. Who knows what brands the girls were wearing, I’m sure they were pretty trendy..and the ladies were flocking to the stores to get the goods.