Goodwill Goes Glam
Honolulu, Hawaii: July 18, 2018 Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
Goodwill Goes Glam one of my favorite events of the year. Fun, Fashion Show, Fun, Shopping and more Fun!
First you see the Runway show. Second you shop the freshest gear to be found. If you move quick enough, you’ll get some pretty stellar labels and high quality clothes.
This Years theme: The Fashion Edit
This Years Designers: Allison Izu Song x Summer Shiigi
This Years Brands: Allison Izu & Ten Tomorrow
This Years Camera: Canon DSLR (Not an iPhone)
The Shopping And After Party
- Head to the Shoes and Purses first. They are next to each other. One year, I found both Prada and Bape kicks in my size. Score!
- Next, straight to the Aloha wear. Do not stop at the toys or sports clothes on the way. The best Aloha gear goes quick. And there are some very High quality shirts and brands. Tori Richard, Reyn Spooner, Cooke Street, Ono, Tommy Bahama & More
- Now, it’s time for the sports jerseys. This year, my friend Amanda scored a primo condition Walter Peyton Bears Jersey. And I bought a Mitchell & Ness MAYS 660 BONDS Jersey in perfect condition.
- Set a budget ahead of time. Both years, I had a pre set budget and put back what was not in budget. Just like a sample sale, a budget is needed.
- Grab Quick, Grab Fast, put back what you don’t want. The first half hour is just like a NYC Sample sale. You want to get the good stuff before it’s gone. Trick to this is don’t think much, just go for what looks good, grab it fast. Then weed through your goods before check-out. People were eyeing my Willie Mays jersey for close to 2 hours, seeing if I would put it back. And I was eyeing a pair of Gucci sneakers, both the jersey and the shoes did not go back.
See you on the Streetz!
Goodwill Goes Glam Runway Show
Thursday July 20, 2017
Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
The Goodwill Goes Glam Runway Show kicks off the Glam shopping weekend. When Goodwill takes over the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall to sell some super excellent used and new goods with the proceeds going to Goodwill’s Education and Employment Training Programs.
This is the 6th Annual GLAM! Fashion show utilizing some pretty awesome fashion finds found at Goodwill. This year’s presentation takes you on a 40 year adventure divided into 5 sections: Generation, Retrospective, Transformation, Moments & Confessions.
After the Show, you could shop the Runway looks along with a special section of Kaypee Soh pieces and with a good eye, you could nab some great designer duds at inexpensive prices.
This year’s presentation was produced by award-winning artist and designer Kaypee Soh. Along with co producers Amy Azada, Rene Rodriguez and my friend who got us in as VIP; Amanda Stevens. (Rolanda, Mina, Kat and I all Thank You for the terrific seats & invite to this special GLAM! Fashion Show). Hair & Make-Up: Paul Brown & Jonathan Freitas.
Shown below are pictures from the Show. You’ll see some Glamorous Glitter, Pop Art Colors, a bit of Camo and even some Dark Goth eclectic pieces. It’s pretty unbelievable what one can do with some creative minds, a bit of fancy hair and makeup with Goodwill clothes. definitely very GLAM!
Goodwill Goes Glam Fashion Show 2017
Sexy & Colorful!
Sweet Mint Green Jacket with matching Mickey/Minnie Ears. More Color and our first male model of the evening.
Camo, Stripes and Big Bags. Very On-Trend for July 2017.
The Glitz, The Glamour, the Big Bags and the Sparkling Golden GLITTER!
Glitterama! And as the pix below show it was nice and shiny IRL BTW: The S/S Mens Commes Des Garcons has some pretty good-looking Glittery baggy shorts for guys. Will we see all this glitter and glamour on the Streetz?
The Red Dress was pretty incredible and dramatic. Some darkness lurking, and a lot of pieces of clothing put together to become a dress worn by a super happy model.
Darkness with the white and Black Gothic wedding vibe. Then Pop Art brings the show to a close with a Nice, Bright, Playful, Avant-Garde, Colorful themed Finale.
The Finale. Pix of Kaypee Soh and Amanda. (You can also watch a video of the finale on the @streetzpix Instagram)
Big Score of the Night. BAPE’s and Black patent PRADA Hi-Tops, both in my size! Later this week, I’ll show you the total haul. I’m glad I had a pre set budget. Putting back things was much harder than grabbing them. And sure am glad I’ve had practice at NY Sample sales. One more minute and someone else would have had both of these kicks!
*Seen on site at the Runway Show: Mayor Kirk Caldwell, Project Runway’s Kini Zimora, Dawn Amano-Ige, & Grace Lee with Steve Uyehara.
**The Shopping continues Saturday July 22nd and Sunday July 23rd at the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall. If you’re on Oahu, I’d suggest checking it out. They also have food, a selfie zone and other fun things to play, see and do.
***All pix taken by Streetzblog with an iPhone 6s. Take whatever you like and share with the world. ****Kinda’ went with the ultra secret app with the blur filter…