New York Fashion Week S/S 2015 Todd Snyder
The Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week/#NYFW S/S 2015 officially kicked off their runway shows. The Coach show had some fun Cotton Candy colors and the #selfies are going off the richter on twitter. Here’s a look at one of the first men’s runway shows of the season, Todd Snyder’s collection:
- Camel, Whites, Green, Grey and Blue: The color scheme is on point for SS. I’m glad that they included the greys, even though Fall 2014 is filled with Grey because everyone thought that 50 Shades of Grey would come out in November 2014. But, it’s been delayed until Valentines Day 2015. Thus, hold on to your greys and grays that you’ll be rockin’ this Fall for next Spring and Summer.
- Longer shorts: I personally never liked the retro short shorts for men trend over the last few years. I really enjoy the lengthier shorts just above the knee. Nice, crisp, clean materials by Todd Snyder.
- Shoes not Sneakers with shorts: I noticed many models rockin’ dress shoes with their shorts. I bet it would look good on an urban street. Not exactly what I’d be able to pull off in Waikiki, maybe at night?
- Light Colors: For me personally, not enough blues and greys. I’ll never wear anything in camel and white is reserved for the Diner en Blanc which comes around once a year. Even though it’s Spring and Summer, I’d rather see some darker colors.
- The Music: Pretty much sucked. One song the whole show? That’s really no fun. One of the best things about these shows is finding new music. This wasn’t the show for that.
- The Crowd: Not enough camera work on the pre-show and post-show crowd. Some of the best fashion finds are in the crowds. Well, one more reason to actually go to #NYFW in person next year. YAH!
Today thru Sunday, See you on the streetz of Honolulu, at the Hawaii Woman Expo, the BIA Expo, The beach, the gym/Clark Hatch, and hopefully at the movies or a party or two.