Blog Archives

Design Time

 Finished Pants Project One

The Christmas 2015 Cryllic Streetzblog shirts made it from NY to HI today (7/27/16). The same day I completed the Seersucker Pants Project.

Above is the front of the new shirts and the right side completed pants leg.

The pants started off as $130 Suit pants on sale at Kohl’s for $50.  They now have 2 overlapping layers, Black Stripes on both sides with the right side a bit more tricked out with the grey design.  Also, cuffed them and took in the inseam. Quite a project!
  Here is the right leg. Similar to the left leg, just missing the grey acruements.

What I call my mood board for the next project. That’s just page one, there are an additional 5 pages of other pictures and influences I plan to use. At the moment, I’m putting together the basic portion of the pants. Later on comes the fun embellishing portion. I tend to let my brain cruise. Then burst into action as I make them into something completly new!

In just one day, I cut out a pattern using an older pair of pants. I made 4 legs, only needed 2 LOL.  And I have 4 flat pocket portions.  Did them with paper first, pinned em’ then cut out the black linen blend. So far, this project is moving quick!

Front and back legs, All cut up and ready to sew.

4 layers of black pockets ready to go!

The back of the new Streetzblog shirts.


Front and back of the new Streetzblog shirts. These are also supposed to be in black and    Red, but they are yet to arrive.

Goal of the new black linen pants to be finished is Wednesday August 24, 2016. I want to wear them to the Cubs game in Chicago on Friday September 2nd. So far, so good.

See you on the Streetz!
  

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: