Designer Phillip Lim Hits Target this Sunday September 15, 2013 w/ clothes, bags & Shoes for Guys and Gals
This Sunday Phillip Lim’s limited edition clothing, Kicks and accessories hits Target stores. Typically Phillip Lim clothes are quite pricey. I’ve seen $325 sweat pants and backpacks going for $1,250. And his designs are usually sold at places like Barney’s NYC. This is an awesome opportunity to snag some of Phillip’s designer duds for less than $100. The picture above is just one of the outfits I’ve seen. For guys, I know Target will have pants, shirts, leather bags and jackets and even some pretty slick-looking kicks. I think I’ll stop by Target this Sunday and check out the line in person. Hope it comes to Hawaii on Sunday, sometimes we get things later than the mainland. That can be a good thing or not, just depends on what it is and how popular things are. If I do find things on Sunday I’ll let you know what it looks like Live. From the internet and the TV commercials the gear is looking pretty good to me. What do you think?
The picture above is one of many of the Women’s selections. I thought it looked the best. This is one of those blog posts that I want to tell people about, but would also like to keep a (slight LOL since there’s been so many commercials) secret. Because if the clothes and kicks are anything like what they look like on Target.com. I suspect this line is going to sell fast. Prices are great too! The Men’s Kicks were less than $50 And guess what? They will even have (French Terry) Sweat Pants for $29.99. See you Sunday on the streetz at Target Salt Lake, Hawaii.
Here’s a Nice preview video of the collection. Some great up-close pictures of the Men’s Hi and low top Sneakers, some clothes and up close and personal shots of the Women’s Purses.
And here’s the behind the Scenes making of the TV commercial you may have been seeing this past week or two on Network TV.
On the Target Web-Site, Phillip Lim’s Designs have been labeled as super-chic and this is what PL had to say about the new Collaboration:
By the look of the TV commercial, they do look super-chic and quite attractive. I think the Black and the Grey got me Good. Two of my favorite colors that go perfectly with each other. And the commercial has a pretty slick vibe to it.
BTW: Is the store pronounced TAR-GET or TAR-JAY? I’ve always called it TAR-GET, but my sister in Chicago and a friend in NY call it TAR-JAY.
“Too Cool For School?”
Men’s Fashion Trends Fall 2013
Taking a Flash-Forward approach to upcoming trends for Fall, here are the NINE various trends seen at the London, Milan, Paris and New York Fashion Weeks. Trends courtesy of and named verbatim by the WWD-February 28, 2013 Edition. With Editorial about the trends courtesy of streetzblog.com
1. Pared-Down Suits: Trousers still looking pretty skinny, yet length depending on where you live and what look you’re going for are either very short & cropped or pretty short & scrunchy. Presently I prefer mine with zero or 2 small pleats, tailored fairly close to my legs with a slight break above the ankle with a ¾ inch Cuff.
2. Volume Coats: I suspect the designers were over doing it a bit here to show the trend. The coats fit at the sleeves but are big, bulky and basically look like they don’t fit. It’s taken my 15 years to realize most of my clothes are way to big. This is one trend I won’t be participating in during 2013. I find the fitted yet comfortable look to be the best at the moment for my clothes and my future winter coats.
3. 3-D Effects: Puffy fabrics, protruding elements, and various depths to one piece of clothing. I suspect this is a look for fashion forward Paris or Milan. Looks a bit retro 80’s. I’m not very into this look, kinda’ like trying a bit too hard; maybe it will grow on me or possible “on top” my fabric of choice.
4. Cropped Pants: Well above the ankle. Almost like long yet tailored shorts. This looks good if you use High Quality Designer duds. I’m one of the biggest proponents for mixing Fast-Fashion and Hi-End Fashion, but for this to look good I would suggest spending some bigger cash and get your gear from DSquared2 Marc Jacobs, Rag&Bone or Junya Watanabe. Or if you do go FF-HF, invest in some nice hi-top brogues or play with your socks a bit. The Cordovan hi tip brogues look great! Or try the Pebble Brown Doc Martin’s or some Army/Navy Surplus store combat boots. The black socks with the Black pants are a look I dig. I’d say it would also work well with Flo-Orange, Flo-Green or Paisley socks as well. Like the look, just spend a bit of cash and get some nice high quality fabrics, or some nice kicks and socks and this should be a pretty stylish Pick!
5. Mr. Green: Basically WWD is saying that dark green, forest Green, and army green are going to be Big colors for Fall 2013. Looks ok to me, I tend to go for the blacks, greys and midnight blues on the weekend. But I do wear a lot of green to work, so no prob’s with green on this end.
6. Heritage Fabrics: Grey, Black, dark camel Tweeds, plaids, Checkers and squares, In nice thick hi-quality pants, shirts, jackets and vests. I think we’ve been seeing this trend taking form for a couple years now. Chic Men Magazine has been doing it up since issue number one. This version has a bit of a “Blow Up” retro Sixties look to it. I like it; you would just need to live somewhere cold enough to make this look work for you.
7. Chic Athletics: Looks like more and more designers going the Y-3 x Adidas Style. Marni, Duckie Brown, Kenzo, Kris Van Assche, Time Coppens and Trussardi using High end fabrics with a sporty weekendy type of look. Things look a bit baggy here, not sure if we’re ready to going back to the big and baggy look. I for one am going to try and stay true to fit for another year or two. Anyone need some XL & XXL NBA or NFL All-Star Gear? I have lots in my closet, waiting for the trend to come back around or prepared to sell it in my new “Kicks and Clothes on Wheels” Mobil Mobile that I designed last week. Right now, you could just email me if you’re interested and are big enough to fit the Gear.
8. Bold Patterns: Flowers, Paisleys, Birds, geometric shapes on pants, shirts, coats, sweaters, and suits. One trend I can do without. Unless I was Dj’ing or doing some sort of Red Carpet entrance. Then I’d still probably stick to my Black, Grey and Orange plaid pants on plaid shirt with black suit jacket look. No birds or toads on my clothes this year!
9. Leather on Leather: Leather Jackets, Leather pants Leather gloves, leather shoes all worn at the same time. If you’re a Rock Star or think you’re a Rock Star this is the look for you. Have fun!
What will you be wearing in Fall 2013? Comment or Hit up the survey just below this blog posting with a quick click. See you on the Streetz.