Carbs at Chanel…Really?
Actress India Muenez (Something in the Air, Mall and the upcoming Pretty in Green) wore this Bagel Bag to a big time star-studded Chanel No. 5 dinner in NYC. Bagels are a pretty fattening carb loaded breakfast food, that would probably not be consumed on a Chanel Model’s diet. Although it could have been since Chanel did do the Grocery Store Runway Show during Paris Fashion Week for the Fall 2014 collection.
Turns out it’s a knock off. Or to keep it safe or politically correct, Canadian Artist’s Chloe Wise calls it a part of an ongoing Sculpture Series. I guess that’s how people get away with a knock off nowadays, they call it art. After a bit of internet searching, turns out this piece is actually entitled Bagel No. 5. India modeled the bag for C. Wise in a fake ad that went with the sculpture at a gallery showing. India mentioned to the artist that she was going to a Chanel dinner party and asked to borrow the cheeky breakfast bag. Of course the artist said Yes. I’d say, Quite a great way to get a ton of free publicity.
And since Moschino made all the McDonald’s inspired bags and phone cases in 2014, people probably thought it was a real Chanel piece. Would you wear it? Do you think it’s a knock-off? Is it cool to call it a piece of art? I wonder if it’s on sale now at Canal Street near Chinatown in NYC. Hmm.
How bout’ the Moschino McDonald’s Gear? Would you rock these looks? Do you have friends who have these pieces? Or have you seen these on the streetz? I saw an actual McDonald’s worker talking on her phone with the expensive Moschino McDonald’s case way out in the suburbs of Waukegan, Illinois around Memorial Day 2014. I thought I was seeing things, it was just one of those moments!
Have a nice week. See you on the streetz.
Hot Models, Chic Clothes, & Styling Shoes..Such a Wonderful way to Shop
This is such a fun runway show, I couldn’t resist posting it. For the Chanel Fall 2014 Paris Collection, Karl Lagerfeld held the show at the Grand Palais at the Chanel Shopping Center..a Giant Costco-Esque supermarket or as the French would say Super Marche. It’s time to stop Channel Surfing and start Chanel Shopping!
This is a Spectacular, Tres-Chic, fun show to watch. The Highlights that really stood out for me, other than the awesome setting are:
- The Multi-Colored oil slick sneakers (Easier to walk in while shopping than heels).
- The just under the knee Silver chrome accented boots and later on in the show a pair of similar bronze version.
- The small stylish metal grocery baskets. The little black CC Purse and the Luxe-Life CC necklaces and adornments.
- The Silver-Metallic Dress. It looks a bit like Chain metal. I like that look.
- The Over-Sized Silver and Gold Pop-Top Necklaces.
- The Big Black Headphones.
- The necklaces with the Giant Bicycle/Locker Padlocks dangling from them. I think I could rock one of those…
- My favorite outfit is the grey jacket and pants with the many holes in them. Very unexpected, yet such an excellent look.
- And I love it in the end when the models actually shop and the one man model in the show is carrying one of the models many, many Chanel Shopping bags. So funny!
Colors included Black (of course), Some light pink ensembles, a bit of orange, a few outfits with many, many colors in them and of course the Biggest trend for Fall 2014, the obsequious Grey Color. Women and Men will be seeing a lot of Grey this Fall 2014 and Winter 2015. It seems to be in every show in some way shape or form. When is that 50 Shades of Grey movie coming out anyways? The First time I checked it was November 2014, Second time I checked it was around Valentines Day 2015. Either one fits the time-table of the color grey for Fall 2014 or Winter 2015.
Hey-does anyone know why Grey is spelled Grey and other times Gray? I don’t get it. I tend to like Grey. Which outfit or shoes did you like the best? Did you spot any of the “Where’s Waldo” types of intricacies in the show..maybe the +50% Sale Sign? The Hefty-Bag Coat or the Little Black Tea? The more you watch the more fun you can have with this show. LMK what you find and let us all know in the comments section? I’m sure there is much more to find in your favorite Chanel Shopping Aisle. Jambon anyone? Have a Great Monday!
I wonder, wonder what they would Think?
In the back of many of the WWD magazines, the whole back page has the following ad printed on it. May Question for today is What Would Chanel Think of the SSUR shirts that say Channel Zero on them? What do you think? A copy of the ad is shown below and right under that is the Channel Zero Shirt with Camo Lettering.
BTW: The first time I noticed a shirt similar to this it was on Rihanna. I looked at it 2 or 3 times before I noticed the spelling was wrong. At the time I didn’t know the SSUR brand and thought she bought it on a street corner. Sheez, was I out of it or what? In recent years SSUR has done many fun designs of some pretty BIG designers including Commes Des Garcon, Gucci, Hermes, Cartier and Yves Saint Laurent-Which Heidi Slimane wasn’t too fond of and recently pulled the Saint Laurent brand out of Colette. What I found a bit of course here is Colette was selling the real brand and making good money off of it. And they were selling the SSUR “It Ain’t Laurent without the Yves” T’s at the same time. Hmmm.
I also remember reading on the WSJ that Laurent sent Colette a Cease and desist order to stop selling the shirts on-line. They stopped, but then put them in the Paris store location and sold them all out. I doubt selling a few shirts would compare to the thousands of dollars they make or could have made off the Saint Laurent hand bags. Kind of a strange story.
Even more thoughts to ponder on this. Maybe they were correct in selling both lines? Maybe Laurent should Like this move? Ya know, it has brought a lot more awareness of the Saint Laurent brand to a more youthful generation. Which in turn could turn into sales for Saint Laurent. Interesting eh? Would be an interesting debate topic for a Fashion School or High School Debate team to discuss.
Fun Night throughout Fashion’s Night Out in Honolulu 2012!
I promised you a full report on Thursday September 6, 2012’s Fashion’s Night Out in Honolulu, I didn’t know I would have so much fun it would take me until Sunday to tell you about it. OMG! Here we go, Today’s review of the #FNO streetz will be in thirds: First the Top 7 List with info and pix, a bit of editorial of the event, finishing off with some more Pictures from the night out.
1. Chanel’s Limited Edition Nail Colors 2012: For three year’s straight, I arrive at Fashion’s Night Out and Head straight to Chanel to purchase their 3 set of the HOT new colors before they sell out. The first year I did this I bought the really awesome as Khaki Colors-I prefer to call them the Camo Collection and these were my favorites. The Second year was perfect for my mom, three shades of Blue, her favorite color! This year the 3 colors didn’t do much for me-Plum, Pink and beige. But since it’s a tradition I bought them and they aren’t for me anyways so hopefully my mom will enjoy the colors by the time Christmas comes around. Oh! And I was also able to purchase a special Limited Edition “Super Golden Vegas” which was only available in Vegas. So, I bought all of them as Christmas Presents-sorry I sold out their gold! Get this which is totally crazy, my bill for NAIL POLISH was $199.95 including tax..OMG! but lots of fun, I love being able to nab Limited Editions without having to hit up eBay. I like this Chanel tradition, just hope next year the 3 main colors are better. I pretty much thought they would go with a vamp Purple, a bright Purple and maybe a dull green. That’s the 3 I would have done.
2. Michael Kors Kauai Aviators: The Michael Kors Store was for sure the most fun of the night. It was exciting just to be in there and to feel the vibe. Everyone was super nice and friendly and very enthused to be working on FNO. The store was packed too. They had some drinks and some tasty sparkling water in fancy glasses, but they didn’t even need a DJ to make this place rock! The employees and shoppers supplied all the energy needed. As you know, I’m a sucker for limited edition, so YES, I bought the Limited Edition Golden Aviators. I like to call them “RockStar” aviators-the store calls them Kauai and they also LMK that “They are just like Michael’s”. The store actually had a whole table of offerings specially available for FNO including purses, sunglasses and Ladies T’s. Since The Michael Kors Store was so much fun and I did see them selling a TON of the T’s, that will be number 3 on the Top 10 list. Too bad they don’t do a black version for guys. And BTW: I have my eye on that burnt gold NYC watch they have under lock and key near the register-it was just a bit out of my budget for that night. I think it was $600 or $675. But it has a nice NYC impression on the front and even more detailed art on the backside of NYC. *Michael Kors receives the streetzblog.com award for best store of the night!
3. Michael Kors Limited Edition Fashion’s Night Out female T’s: These had a bit of an 80’s vibe to them and featured the aviators. I saw one lady buying 4 of them!
4. Prada’s Men’s Levitate Shoes: I wrote about these a few days ago and was on a mission to check them out. They have Brogues in Tobacco and Grey/anthracite, a Chelsea boot in black and the pair I tried on at least 3 times at Fashion’s Night out-the black shoe without laces with a high-end velcro closure. All of which come with the Levitate sole which looks real similar to Some Nike Air Max kicks, yet at a closer look, they for sure have a High End designer vibe and attention to detail on the sole-check out the secret “Prada” written in the back of the brogues pictured below. Also pictured are the Limited Edition Black pair with the Velcro. Jacob who works there told me that 10 minutes after we left the store, they sold the only 2 pairs that they had AND we left at 8:50, the store closed at 9:00!!
5. Prosecco: Italian Dry Sparkling Wine similar to Champagne which was available at Prada, Chanel, Uno De 50 and Gucci. Best way to describe it is “It’s crisp, cool, vibrant, tastes and looks expensive, a perfect drink to get someone into more of a purchasing mood”. Prosecco is Made from Glera/Prosecco grapes from Italy. It’s Usually served unmixed or as the main ingredient in a Bellini Cocktail, which is a mixture of Prosseco and Peach Puree orginated in Venice. Back in the day, the Bellini actually had a tad of raspberry or cherry juice in it since Peaches were rare to find at the time. Nowadays, it’s almost always made with Peaches-sometimes even using the more expensive white Peach. (*Thank You to wikipedia for much of this information on the Prosecco Drink).
It was funny, the Prosecco even followed us to our after FNO dinner at Romano’s macaroni Grill-Who would know they’d have it on the menu? The Picture below is the food not the drink. (Chicken and Spaghetti with Lemon, Butter, Capers, Artichokes, and Mushrooms)
6.The BIG Watch:I spotted this on this fashionably dressed woman at Prada, takes her already pretty exquisite outfit up a notch. I’d say it’s even oversized for oversized. And over at Michael Kors I noticed many women trying on pretty BIG gold and silver watches a little smaller yet almost as big as this one. Nordstrom also had many larger watches for women this season, mostly in gold, rose gold and various colors like this one. I don’t know the brand of it..maybe a Nixon? LMK if you know?
7. The “Where’s Waldo” Trend: Remember the 1990’s “Where’s Waldo” books? Where you needed to look through the very intricate scenes to find the guy with the red and white striped shirt? Well, his shirt is now “In-Trend”. I first started noticing people rockin’ the look at this year’s Olympics. I saw them at both the Swimming Events and the Women’s Vollyball matches. Then just last week, the Olympic Gold Winning Women’s Soccer/Football team were wearing the red and white striped tops at their game in upstate NY. I was thinking about writing about the red and white shirts after that game just thinking maybe it was a “sporty” trend, but lo and behold, check out the picture of this girl in a nicely fitting sleek red and white dress, then take a look-see at the next picture with Taylor Swift rockin’ the red and white stripe look at this year’s MTV-VMA’s. By Thanksgiving, I bet you’ll be seeing the malls filled with these striped tops and dresses and by Christmas the mid-west should be wearing the look to High Schools and 20 something bars everywhere.
That’s the Top 7, I was trying for the top 10, but ran out of time-at the event, not writing this. That’s where this short editorial comes into play for the organizers:
- The event was tons of fun, seemed like the most people I’ve seen in the 3 years I’ve been there. I do suggest that the Mall should stay open until 10p or Midnight. By the time I got off from work, I made it there by 630 and 9p came way too soon.
- It seemed more people knew about the even this year than ever before. But many people didn’t know about the event happening. One of my good friends was even there at the mall from 830-930 and just went to sears then ate Ramen, he said he saw no fashionista action anywhere. Maybe put some of the budget into hiring bloggers like me to help promote it next year. I’d also go with hip concert type flyers and posters up around town.
- Now, I’ve been totally positive all night. But here is where I have to say something. The Gift with Purchase! Come on-spend $300 at the mall and get a few bottles of nail polish? Everyone knows that the place to get nail polish on FNO is at Chanel. That’s actually the only brand I buy. I’d much rather receive a Limited Edition shirt with the date and time on it. And Make them special and collectible over the years.
After this paragraph are a few more pictures from tonight’s Blog which is almost a book-3.5 hours later!! There’s got to be a better way to get pictures from an iPhone on to a Blog. And I didn’t even get to the pictures on the SD card. Now, I need a bit of sleep, I have people to see and places to be go on Sunday morning. See you on the streetz and of course next year at Fashion’s Night Out 2013. Upcoming blogs will be on Bobbie Thomas’ top trends for Women, who I saw the next night at AMC and as promised the walterFRENCH featuring Romeo Valentine video with the dope streetzblog mention in it.
Since my favorite colors are Blue and Orange together, here’s a pretty happening dress from Neiman Marcus, This was on the floor that DJ Krazy K was tearing it up with the Big Chicago House Beatz.
I like this next picture of me in the Prada Aviators that match my clothes. It was taken by Marilyn Cariaga from the ARK Marketing Group. And the cool thing about it is it has ZERO effects on it, not even instagram, yet it looks pretty tricked out. about all it has is the HDR setting on the iPhone and a great photographer.
Thank You to Marilyn for hanging out with me at Fashion’s Night Out 2012. Looking pretty fashionable in the Michael Kors RockStar Aviators with the special limited Edition “Super GoldenVegas” Nail Polish from Chanel.
And proof that we were there..