Video Views July 2014
These aren’t the watches you wear, they’re the videos that are fun to view. First up is Re2pect, It’s one of those Where’s Waldo types of vids, where you can play a game and see how many *famous people you can spot. It’s also a really nice video put on by Jordan Brand to salute the career of Derek Jeter of New York Yankee fame. *So far, I’ve seen Jeter, Spike Lee, Carmelo, Tiger Woods, Phil Jackson, Jay Z and of course, Jordan.
Next up, The Search for the Baddest, keeps us on the sports tip. This time it’s basketball. Pretty fun interactive vid.Does anyone have some extra time to come to my home court on Oahu and shoot a view long shots or tricky dribbles?
I put this on FB the day it came out, but am putting it on the Video views blog posting, just to remind everyone that if you ever need a new or different word for grey, you can check out this streetzblog post from August 23rd. It’s entitled 50 ways to say the word grey, but I was way to carried away and it actually has over 80 ways to say Grey or is it Gray?
Next up is the newly released trailer from the Hunger Games Franchise. This doesn’t have enough punch, conviction or intensity for me, but at least it’s an early taste of what’s to come November 21st, 2014.
And lastly a very early view of Mad Max-Fury Road. The thing that gets me in this, is it looks and feels almost like the Mid 1980’s. Where’s all the updated effects and technology?
See you on the streetz or maybe for this week only in the house watching vids.
50 Shades of Grey Search for Star Heats up!
The Search is on to see who will get the coveted role of Anastasia Steele in the movies from the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy. Whoever gets the gig is set for at least 3 movies and probably 4 since most of these 3 book sequels make more than 3 movies. A Great pay-day for some lucky starlet and probably lots of sex with the male co-star. Some of these names come from the Gossip mags and some I just think would work well. I only read the first book and about 12 pages of the second. But no matter how the movie comes out, I’m sure it will be a Big hit, so whoever gets the part will be set for life. Let’s try the grey styled Poll and see who you think should play Anastasia Steele? Fill in the Poll or leave a comment or two, maybe you have someone else in mind or let us know who you think should play Mr. Grey? Let’s see if we can guess it right before they let the whips and Chains out of the Black Sex Shop Bag.
50 Shades of Grey is one of the biggest book trilogy’s of all time. Last I checked over 40 million were sold! I’ve been meaning to do a trend report for fall color fashion for a while now and I was gonna’ post a bunch of cool grey clothes and let you know that grey or gray is the color for Fall. Well, I figure it would be more fun to see if I could find 50 ways to say the word Grey and find fashions that used these words. After almost giving up twice, I think I did it. Listed below are many ways to say Grey in the fashion and street culture world. Hopefully You’ll have fun reading all the great words and maybe you’ll find a new street brand or two to check out later this week.
And BTW, as I was looking for ways to say grey, I noticed three pretty big trends for fall: The color grey because of the book and the fact that fall is just a few weeks away, the fashion mags pushing the color purple, and CAMO is coming back in a Big, Big Way! Green and grey camo, flourescent camo, Grunge 90’s camo, Neon camo, camo on wing tip hi top shoes, bright camo on top of dull colors. One of my favorites back again!
50 ways to say Grey and the matching street culture merchandise:
- GRAY with an A: at Express.com 35 Items!
- CHARCOAL: Gap-City by the Bay T
- IRON: Rag&Bone NYC-Basic Tee
- GUNMETAL: Finally-Snoop Dogg Tank available at Topshop
- MOONLESS NIGHT: Gap-with their solid Oxford button down shirt
- MIDNIGHT: Rag&Bone-Grosvenor Waistcoat
- GRAPHITE: Obey-Juvee Jean
- GRANITE: Free People-The Printed Seamless Leggings
- PEWTER: Vans-The style 31 Sneaker
- HEATHER ONYX: VINCE Zip up Hoodie
- BOTTLE: Topshop-Moto Pyramid Stud Jamie Jeans
- CARBON: Elwood-Drifter Jeans
- RESIN RINSE: VINCE-Straight Leg Jeans
- HEATHER SHADOW-HEATHER SLATE: VINCE-Breton Stripe Cashmere Hoodie
- HEATHER SLATE: VINCE-Stripe Cashmere Sneaker
- HTHR CHARCOAL: J.Crew-Ludlow two button suit jacket wt double vented back in Italian wool
- MERCURY: J.Crew-Vintage Cord Pants in relaxed fit
- SMOKE: Spiewalk-Ash Field Coat
- DEEP HARBOR: J.Crew-Sunfaded Chino in Classic Fit Color
- CHARCOAL WAX: Comune-The Davis Jean
- SPECKLE BLACK: Crooks and Castles-The BullyBikerButtonDown Shirt
- BLACK ROCK: AH by Android Homme-The propulsion HI Sneaker
- BOULDERS: Kazbah-Fyasko Shirt
- CASPER: Kazbah-191 Unlimited Long Sleeve shirt
- SLATE: RVCA-Toiler Jacket
- COAL: Cheap Monday-Tight Fit Jeans
- CEMENT: KR3W-K Slim Fit Erik Ellington Jeans
- LITHIUM WHEEL WASH: Analog-Creeper Jeans
- TUMBLED MERLIN: Levis-508 Jeans:
- H CARBON: VINCE-Peacoat Sweater and double-faced top coat
- GRAVEL: Vans-V66 Slim Fit Jeans
- STEEL: Puma-Heritage Wind Jacket
- POOL: Gravis-Arto Sneaker
- LEAD: Adidas-AR 2.0 Sneakers
- ALUMINUM: Adidas-Ar 2.0 Sneakers
- STONE: HUF-Mateo Sneaker
- DARK SHADOW: Vans Footwear-The 106 Vulcanized sneaker
- WILD DOVE: Vans-The Sk8 hi Sneaker
- NICKEL: Alexander Wang-Zippper Sunglasses
- DUSTY BLACK: Obey-The World Tour Cut off Armhole Tank
- MINERAL: Obey-The Push Peace Tee
- STORMY SEA: Obey-The Waves Tube Skirt
- NIGHT: Funktional-Slash Leggings
- PEWTER ANIMAL: Dittos-The Dawn Mid Rise Skinny pant/pany
- SHADOW: J.Crew-Wallace and Barnes Slim Fishtail Pants
- DARKNESS: Denimocracy Anarky knit Sknny Pants
- ALUMINUM: Sol Republic-Amps HD Headphones
- BLACK SPECKLE: All Day-the short sleeve Henley
- GUNNY: Supra-Vaider Sneakers
- STONE WASHED METAL: Palladium-Pampa Boot
- STEEL: Puma-Blaze of Glory LWT Sneaker
- BLACK ICE: Creative Recreation-Cesario Sneaker
- BLUE NITE: Sebago-Docksides Boat Shoes
And here are the grey names that I just made up over the last hour or two. Some would work well as colors for the 50 Shades of Grey clothing deals. *According to an article on vogue.co.uk, the 50 Shades of Grey author E.L James has 3 clothing deals coming up. These are with Freeze Clothing, Briefly Stated and HYP.
- Used Nail
- Seattle Sky
- Dirty Pigeon
- Denim Rail
- Dodge and Burn Black
- Slippery Skate Ramp
- New Year’s Day
- Lake Michigan
- Tarnished Bullet
- Acid Rain
- Industrial Storm
- Old Screw
- Silver Medal
- Crushed Saw Blade
- Dirty Martini
- Indian Nickel
- Nuts and Bolts
- Chicago Slush
- New York Hail
- Blurred Black
- Blank DVD
- MacBook Pro
- Change Without Pennies
- Frog Pond
- Hapa Black
- Winter Sidewalk
- City Sky
BTW: Today, Hawaii Five-O was shooting a show down the street from where I work. They were right in front of Soho on Pauahi near Bethel in Downtown Honolulu. I like to be respectful of what they were doing, so I won’t tell you about the scenes that were filmed. But I will tell you that to do the shoot, the day before I noticed 4-5 booths being set up. I thought that they were for an HPU Fun Fair or something. Come to find out, they were built specifically for the set of today’s #H50 shoot. They had a shave ice stand, a fruit stand and 2-3 others-Amazing!
It was fun to watch some people who were either in a hurry or didn’t notice the cameras trying to go over to the stands for lunch or dessert..LOL
And of course, if you have any great ways to say grey, leave us a comment or send an email.. Have a Great Day!