Category Archives: TECH
The TrackR-Never lose your keys or phone again, unless you lose them both at once!
This is pretty cool, yet kind of funny. What if you lose both your Keys and phone at the same time! Yet this would be so perfect for your remote control! That’s what I’d use it for, that silly remote is always within 10 feet of me, but somehow so very hard to locate.
Here’s the deal on the TrackR. You can find whatever you put the circle on utilizing your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. Just attach the black and blue circle to whatever you tend to lose the most and the free TrackR app detects the location of your lost item. Note: The App is free, the little circles are available for a limited time for $28.99 and available here. (Regular price is $39.95)
When you lose something like your keys or remote, the phone app will show you where they are on a map, and it guides you to your lost object in seconds using a distance indicator and a ringer. And as long as you don’t lose your keys and phone at the same time. The coolest part about this item is if you can’t find your phone. You just go to wherever your little circle is located and press and hold it. This will automatically ring your phone. If you can hear it, you’ll find it, even if it’s on silent mode!
This week, see you on the streetz of Oahu or maybe at the grocery store. There are two pretty big storms heading our way and I should probably hit up the store for some supplies. But, typically they hype these things up so large that all that happens is a bit of rain. Hope that’s the case. One of my co-workers bought 6 loaves of white bread, another has 4 cases of water and a huge bag of charcoal, they are out of water at many of the big box stores and grocery stores. So, I guess I’ll stop by a store or two and get something. What would you buy?
What’s Hot for the Holidays-2013
Streetzblog Hot List-2013
These are just rapid-fire ideas for your shopping pleasure in no particular order. If you’d like some free custom ideas, fill out the form at the bottom of the page. LMK who you are shopping for, Male/Female, relative? age etc and I’ll email you back a personal selection within 48 hours of 5-10 items you can get in various price points. You know I love to shop, so I’m pretty sure I can handle this task pretty well for you. Have a Happy Holiday Season!
1. The Peanut Butter and Jelly Wallet and Hot Dog Pencil Cases: So Colorful and fun! Great Conversation starters. Available at the museum shop at MOMA NYC.
2. Valentino Camurock: Bright Pink, army green, dark brown handbags. Might be pricey, but great vibe for the winter doldrums.
3.Moto Lights’s Plexiglas shade: You gotta’ see this one to really get the right effect. It’s like a car light, a pair of skiing goggles and a light for your house all in one. Comes in a great cobalt blue that reflects whatever else is in your room. And for lazy people like me, you can just plug it right into a light socket, no tools needed. Available for 230 Euro at moustache.fr
4. NBA Christmas Jerseys: Last year they went with the BIG COLOR versions. I picked up the orange on orange Carmelo Jersey. This year, the NBA is opting for the short-sleeve T style Jerseys for Christmas Day. Last year, the special jerseys sold-out. so yo may want to get yours now. I can’t tell if I dig these or not. Might need to see them in person. Available at NBA.COM.
5. The Chillsner: This is an in-bottle drink thru beer chiller. Just put the silver sipper in the freezer for a few days, then insert into a cold bottled beer and drink. A nice replacement for the 1980s Coozie. Available at chillsner.com
6. Area: 1983-1987. Some really great pictures in this book including Andy Warhol, a greenish grey swimming pool in the club w actual people swimming in the “water”, Boy George getting a drink from a uhm..an interesting Statue, JFK Jr. Grace Jones and many other fabulous pictures from this famous club that was only around for 4 years.
7. Golden Metallic Coach Tote: The color of this is just totally awesome, full on goldish bronze metallic. Can be worn as a cross body bag with the optional longer strap. Price seems pretty good too! $268 at Coach.Com
8.Pentax Q7 Camera: These babies come in 120 different color combos! And it’s boasted as the “world’s smallest, lightest interchangeable lens system”. Also great for insta-glammers, it has 19 build in effects. $500 at pentaximaging.com.
9. BeoPlay H6 Headphones: Headphones and Mini Boom Box speakers are Big items this Holiday season. This pair of headphones is for those looking for total comfort. They are specially made in New Zealand using soft supple cowhide leather. Of course being from bang and olufsen they provide a delicious combination of pristine and powerful sound. $399 Available at shopbangandolufsen.com
10. Robert Clergerie and Opening Ceremony Exclusive White Brogue: The low-top brogue seems to be the “IT” shoe for Women this Winter season. Why not get your hands on an exclusive pair? $585 at openingceremony.us
11. Italia Independent Sunglasses: Black rimmed with a nice bright blue, then you turn your head and they turn into blue/green/orange mirrored lenses. Instant Style! $147 at 25park.com
12. Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Gear: Great gifts for Kama’aina and people from all over the world. Choose hats, shirts, posters and more from the three jewels of the Triple Crown. The Reef Hawaiian Pro, The World Cup of Surfing or the Billabong Pipe Masters. Available at VansTripleCrownOfSurfing.com
14.Alexander Wang x Beats by Dre: Exclusive designs of very sleek luxe headphones designed by Alexander Wang in Matte Black and gold-Oh these babies are sweet! The case is also nice in glossy stingray w clip and zipper. Also available the Beats Pill and the Urbeats earbuds. Headphones $499, Pill wireless speaker, $299 Earbudsv$149. Available at an on-line pre-sale event on December 15 at beatsbydre. Then available to everyone on December 16 at beatsbydre.com or alexanderwang.com
15. The Customized Karl Lagerfeld Rolex Watch: This also comes in one of my favorite colors of the season-Matte Black. It’s a limited edition time piece that features the Lagerfeld signature cameo at 7 p.m. his signature at the base and his infamous cameo camouflage on the watch face. A bit pricey but I don’t know a Rolex that’s not. $25,820 at the Karl Lagerfeld flagship boutiques in Paris and Munich.
16.Fendi Buggie: This is a rather strange and expensive bag tag. The Mink or Fox fuzzy charms come with their own personality. Funny, Snobby, Angry, Crazy, and Playful. The Orange haired Buggie I saw looked pretty pissed off, guess he was the angry one. I’ll keep my eyes open in HI, NYC and Chicago to see if I see any on anyones purse. $550 each available at 212-759-4646.
17. iRobotBraava 380t: This is on my Christmas list. At the place I live I don’t have any carpets, just floors. This “Floor Mopping Robot” automatically slips and slides around your home, mopping and sweeping your hard floors. What a perfect gift..And I bet if you have cats, it could be Big fun too! $299.99 Bedbathandbeyond.com.holiday
18. ION Archive Turntable: Get out your old records and get ready to hear them again. Not only will you hear them on the built-in speaker system, you can turn the records into digital music with a simple USB connection. $69.99 bedbathandbeyond.com/holiday
I Forgot my Phone by Charlene deGuzman
Such a perfect time for me to see this Video. I’ve been meaning to tell you about a few absolutely crazy phone incidents in the last couple weeks & how appalled I’ve been over the same thing Charlene is showing everyone. People aren’t talking to each other in person. They just keep staring at their phones. And from my last couple of weeks, this trend seems to be escalating at enormous speeds!
Here’s my list of my MOST outrageous moments during the obliviation of in person human interaction in 2013 as the Mobile Phone takes over Everything:
- Two weeks ago, I walked to my car after work around 7:20 pm on a Friday night. I stopped at the Hawaii Theatre and witnessed this. 8 people staring at their phones on the sidewalk, all of which were with each other, all of which were NOT talking to each other, just staring at their phones. ONE friend of theirs following a few steps behind said “Oh My God, I should do something, what should I do, I guess I should take a picture of them or something” I just looked at him, rolled my eyeballs and said “yep, I guess you should” If it wasnt for him saying something, I would have thought it was a staged fake let’s make a joke moment, but it was real. In fact it was so real, the 8 people didn’t even see me walk by or HEAR their friend make his comment. They just kept staring at their phones. Friday Night in the Big City!
- Just a few days ago Senator McCain was caught playing poker on his smartphone during a 3.5 hour meeting. I know, that’s a long time for a meeting, but come on-Video Poker at an important meeting with important people discussing important subjucts? The cool thing was at least he didn’t try to deny it, he actually admitted to doing this!
- This past Sunday one of my Facebook “frends” wrote the following. “Just wanted to let everyone know, I will be not available and will be off the grid for the next hour while my phone re-charges” I was reading this sentence and figured he would say I will be off the grid for the next 6 hours or a day or two. But ONE frickin’ HOUR! OMG-Dude No one will miss you for an hour, trust me. Note: The guy was serious, he was NOT joking.
- And of course, the usual, people checking and nowadays actually writing back to texts during meetings at work. And people going out to eat and checking their phone more than chatting with each other. Me, I still am trying hard to just take a quick picture of the food if it looks tasty, then I put my phone on silent until the meal is over. That works for me. But, I’m also someone who loves to fly, because I get 10-12 hours away from my phone, get to relax, read, sleep, watch movies and chat to my seat mate. I don’t mind that at all.
- The last four Yoga classes I went to, I noticed 3 out of 4 people which is 75% of the people in the class. Couldn’t even make it down the stairs before they checked their phones! Even 6 months ago, it was less than half. And this is after a simple 1.2 hour Yoga class. That’s really not too long to be away from a phone .. especially on a Saturday.
The video above, isn’t really as funny as some people think, it is R-E-A-L life living in September 2013. I dare you to leave your phone at home on a Saturday or Sunday or even a Monday. I bet if you try it on a Monday, you may even take the car, train or walk back home to get it half way through your morning.
I’ve tried a couple of “No-Techno” Days in the last couple months and even I get a funny feeling that I’m missing something like my keys or my wallet. It’s a bit unsettling. But if you and I don’t try it we may end up like the 8 people standing on the street corner on a Happening Friday night in the BIG City, just staring at our phones, which we could just do at home without 7 other people with us.
What do you think? Will things go even further away from human interaction before we start to interact again? Will things keep going crazier with the Samsung Gear & the HOT watch to the point where we don’t talk to each other in person at all? or will the backlash happen? I may write a book or a screenplay on the future (The future being 2015) Where no one Talks to each other in person anymore, Could be a scary place, or it might just seem plain NORMAL to you .. hopefully not me..Hopefully..I don’t even know most of my FB and Twitter “Friends” Although, come to think of it, I do know a lot of my Instagram buddies, so I guess even I could just cruise on instagram if the world ends up without person to person human interaction. It could be possible. Yikes!
Have a Great Weekend! See you on the streetz of Oahu by Diamond Head, Makiki, Waikiki, Manoa, Downtown-Chinatown and hopefully Kailua.