Category Archives: HOT TREND ALERT
Highly Caffeinated Soda Moving Quickly up the Speed Ladder
I highly doubt anyone will ever beat Red Bull as the Go to default for an Energy Drink. Many have tried, many have tasted better, were packaged better. But, one of the biggest marketing laws ever is “First In” will win continuously or at least for a very long time and Red Bull was First in on the Energy Drink Category. And, Look how long Coca Cola or Coke has lasted in the soda category? Yet, Club-Mate, a highly caffeinated soda from Germany is buzzing in all the right places to make it pretty massive fairly soon.
Berlin computer programmers were amongst the first early adopters in the early Aughts, next it hit the German Rave scene where expectedly it was mixed with Alcohol. Today (August 17, 2015) it’s stocked and ready for action at some of the most famous Hi-Tech companies including: Facebook, Kickstarter, and Gawker.
As it moves along the tech-track, it’s also highly visible where trends kick into gear fairly quickly including bodega’s in the Hipster areas of Brooklyn and the Lower East Side of NYC.
One more plus to the Club-Mate story is it’s made from Yerba-Matte. From my visits to healthy places like Whole Foods and Down to Earth in HI, I’ve been noticing a VERY high increase in the purchases of drinks containing this ingredient. I tried to switch from coffee to Yerbe-Matte about 5 years ago, but it was just a bit to jittery for me. But, the 18-28 year old crowd at the Health Food stores are buying this stuff up like crazy. In an informal survey, I’d say it’s the 22 year old female that likes this caffeinated treat the best. Thus, Club-Mate, just might be the real Next Big Thing! To see more about CB click http://www.clubmate.de/about-club-mate.html
A little side story, When I was in Berlin in 1996, I drank Red Bull every day. This special Berlin Concoction of the brand name was so potent (At the time 3x more caffeine than the American version eventually contained), I could only drink half a can in 3 hours. I’m 1 of those people that loves to track trends and look for the NBT, I figured this was it and I was finally going to be a millionaire. I brought back 4 cans of the coveted Red Bull, had a few friends over and gave them a couple. They loved the buzz, but didn’t quite like the taste all that much. I still thought it was my ticket to the Big $$’s. But as what used to happen to me, Life Happened and I went to work as I was supposed to and let my RB dream go on the wayside. It was about 2, maybe 3 years before it went big in the states.
Maybe, it’s time to get some of this Club-Mate out to Hawaii and make those Mills? Whatcha’ Think? Anyone tasted it? Seen it in their local little store or bodega? We call them little stores in Hawaii. I’ve yet to taste a Club-Mate, but if it comes from Berlin, where I tasted my first Red Bull, this should be pretty Big. LMK if you see it or taste it and what you think of it? Maybe we can all make some Money! See you on the Streetz. This Week, I’ll be checking out Straight Outta’ Compton, a couple local concerts and maybe, hopefully, finally making it to the beach before the Summer is over. Have a nice week!
Would you Wear this to the Beach?
This Suit is a Wetsuit, it’s real, not a stunt. Quicksilver and Japanese Advertising agency TBWA/HAKUHODO have combined forces to create The True Wetsuit which looks just like a Business Suit.
The jacket and pants are made from two-millimeter high-stretch neoprene, the shirt is created with a Quicksilver and 3M Dryflight fabric, and the whole set up also comes with a tie. Which of course, you don’t need to wear, I doubt the tie would even be safe out in the waves of Hawaii.
We used to have some pretty fun Board meetings in Hawaii’s waves. Now, you can have the meeting and report to your office fully dressed ready to roll. Not too many people wear business suits to work in Hawaii, so I guess we should wait for the Neoprene dress slacks with the 3M Dryflight Aloha Shirt.
Still pretty cool that these Wetsuits aren’t just a publicity stunt, but they actually are functional. Me, personally, I’m still trying to figure out where to put my car key when I go surfing. I didn’t see where the man in the video put his car key. But with most keys being electronic nowadays, I find it hard to take it surfing even with a triple sealed protective covering. Someone please help!
The True Wetsuit is available in black and a pretty bright looking blue, it also comes in a tuxedo version-maybe that would be a fun outfit to get married in, then head out to catch some waves. The suits start at a pretty pricey $2,500. Surf over to TrueWetsuits.jp to purchase yours or find more information. The video below is pretty stylish, the man surfs the waves and the web at the same time with his magical pen. His suit is also amazingly tailored with just enough dress shirt cuff showing! Watch it below, it’s a fun video:
See you on the Streetz and maybe out in the Surf!
The Health Goth Craze
The Streetzblog definition of Health-Goth is: Awesome High-Tech, functional and fun fabrics that look just as good on the street as they do in the gym. Utilizing these 4 colors: Black, Grey, Silver and White. The Perfect example of Health-Goth is the Alexander Wang x H&M collection.
Rick Owens produces some great Health-Goth gear. He’s known for his oversized black and white Ramone’s Sneaker that shows homage to the Original Black and white Converse All-Stars:
Hood By Air/HBA is another brand leading the Health-Goth Look:
ADYN exemplifies the Health-Goth look with slightly longer cuts in the length of a Health-Goth shirt, High-Tech materials and the all black look:
Even Adidas is in on the Health-Goth Trend with Rita Ora: (Note: This collection added in a bit of Neon Yellow to the Health-Goth color palette. That’s ok, as long as it’s not the main color of the collection. A bit of Neon yellow or Flo Green goes well with the more sporty Health-Goth.
Whatever 21 shows us the Health-Goth look while hanging out at Home Depot. Notice, they go for more of a White color first, then the black in this collection. Different from the original Black clothing as the more dominate color. Enjoy the video:
Cottweiller has some nice grey’s mixed with whites, along with some pretty fab fabrics: Check out their website, it sure has a very futuristic vibe to it. Almost like playing a video game when checking out the various looks.
Some of the original Health-Goth proponents are already saying the trend is dead. But as you can see by the following excerpt from New York magazine. The Health-Goth craze is still trending in the City and at the Gym.
For the Instagram Celebrity: KITH 644 Broadway Near Bleeker St. 646-6486285 Brooklyn-based Snarkeitectue helped redesign Ronnie Fieg’s luxury-sneaker shop last Fall. Making Room for more paparazzi friendly neoprene Y-3’s and pebbled leather Buscemi high-tops ($865) not to mention branded KITH hoodies and Health-Goth sweatpants. Direct Quote From the March 9-22, 2015 issue of New York Magazine.
And for the Future is Now image of Health-Goth, I bring you an image from Today’s/Saturday March 27, 2015 Instagram feed. Alexander Wang’s Foam Injected leather T-Shirt from the Men’s Spring 2015 collection.
See you on the Streetz, Actually, Now I’m headed over to the gym to get my Health-Goth groove on. Going to wear my Black Quicksilver Eddie Would Go surf shorts, a plain all black H&M long sleeve T-Shirt and my Alexander Wang x H&M Scuba inspired Kicks. I hope to get more healthy than goth today. We shall see by where I turn up after the gym. Have a nice week!
March into Spring 2015
Here’s your one-stop shop for Spring Trends 2015. I wonder how they compare with the trends predicted by the Runway shows in Milan and by Streetzblog.com in July 2014?
Men’s Trends (From the H&M Spring Chic Magazine 2015) *List inspired by their list with streetzblog editorial.
Seventies Workwear: Fashionable take on 1970’s utility Styling mixed with functional fabrics like raw denim. Utilizing expert tailoring to make this trend look just as good on the weekends and at work.
Summer Neutrals: Subtle shades of beige and gray. That Beige is driving me a bit crazy, not at all a fav of mine, but even though 50 Shades of Grey didn’t live up to all the hype, the color grey is marching into Spring as the number one color.
Artistic Knits: Designers like Raf Simons and JW Anderson have updated the tank top with tapestry-like scenic landscapes. You also might want to check out your local Thailand or Tibetan shop to score some items of similar yet different aspects of this trend. If you’re going to wear a tank top, make sure you have your suntan lotion on or wear it at night. You don’t want to have that extremely funny tank top tan line, it’s just as bad as forgetting to button your fly all day.
Italian Riviera: You may have heard that the 70’s, 80’s and especially the 90’s are big now. Well, this trend takes us back to the 50’s with lightweight preppy styles including the piped polo look shirt and striped golf jackets. Now, it’s really time to find a friend with a yacht!
Premium Parkas: Tailored rather than functional. A more formal and luxurious look for Spring layered over a suit. Sounds a bit warm to me, but depends on where you may live this will work or won’t. Basically lighter, groovier jackets for spring ala Parka. If you had a Winter like most, you may not want to wear a jacket as long as you can. Me, I can’t wait to get back to NY in December to rock my Alexander Wang x H&M Scuba hoodie. I did get some good mileage out of it in NY, but gotta’ tell you if you have scuba material jackets, use them in Spring. they really are’nt meant to keep you warm in the Winter.
GQ Boot Spring Boot Trend *Info inspired by the February 2015 print issue of GQ, with additional streetzblog editorial
Made in the Suede
Dress Boots: Wing Tip or Cap-Toe. In grey, beige, brown or be a bit more daring and go with the blue or green. My favorite work shoes at the moment are’nt suede, but they are a nice deep Navy pair of hi-tip wingtips. Comfortable and go with most of work clothes and my blue watch. Whether you go leather or suede, just make sure you match your shoes with your outfit before walking out the door. It’s not too pleasant to make it all the way to work and find out you need to hide in your cube all day, because your funky blue or green boots don’t match anything you’re wearing. And even worse, getting called into the bosses office on a day like this. Be especially careful on Mondays.
Desert Boots: These look very comfortable, yet I’m still holding out from purchasing a pair. They are updated in luxe suede, fun colors, rubber soles in crazy contrasting colors. They just remind be too much of 1978, when I refused to wear them. For some reason, these just don’t scream Stylish. But if they are really comfortable, I’d give them a try. LMK if you’ve rocked them and had success?
Chelsea Boots: These crack me up, because every single season for the last decade, the trend setters are telling us to wear a pair of Chelsea boots. This time in suede. They can look pretty stylish especially when done in a wing tip brogue or a duo tone ombre. You really can’t go wrong with a Chelsea boot, they worked for everyone from the Beatles, to Lou Reed to Harry Styles. I succumbed to the hype and bought what I thought were a fairly inexpensive pair of rubberized Ferrigamo Chelsea boots in brown. But WOW, they hurt my feet worse than anything I own. Maybe the suede is the way to go. More flex. If anyone wants a pair of brown Ferrigamo Chelsea boots in size 10 LMK.
Work Boots: This is a tough choice. GQ claims not to worry and scuff them up. I have a very opposite view of suede boots. To only wear them on a perfectly great sunny day. And on a day that I wont be walking in too much dirt or rocks. For some reason, out of all the materials, I think these look best, nice and un touched. Even in a work boot. I guess that’s why I own only one pair of suede shoes. They can be hard to clean. Probably the best shoe to take to the shoe maker to trick out then a DIY project. For sure, don’t slap some gooey polish on em’.
Streetzblog Spring predictions *As seen on the streetz, the web, magazines, and in my mind.
The Dull Colored Chino: Lighter fabric, colors in bland blue, off Pink, rusty Red, Beige, and Green. These are the more comfortable chinos, they are also the kind that wrinkles easier, so don’t try and wear them 2 days in a row. Fitted, yet not too skinny and no we are not in the boxy 80’s style…yet. For some of us over a certain age, the 80’s boxy style will make you look even older even if it does come back like the Women’s Mom and Men’s jean trend. Be careful of trends. If you like the way it looks on you, wear it, no matter what we say here or you read anywhere, if you don’t feel good in your new trendy outfit, don’t bother.
Ripped Jeans: Especially for women, get the versions with the biggest holes and most rips. It’s Spring, time for some nice spring breeze to inherit your legs. And this Summer, get ready to cut them a bit above or below your knee and wear them tailored selvage or totally Mad Max ripped out of control.
The Black Motorcycle Jacket: Seems to be the must have piece for 2015.
70’s, 80’s, 90’s: Wow! It’s here that it gets confusing. Depending on what or where you read something these decades are all in. From what I can tell, 70’s are best for Coachella cool, 90’s are the it decade now, and the 80’s are fading, yet the day-glo and neons especially bright Yellow and Ultra Pink are here to stay especially for the athletic chic vibe.
Cotton Candy Hair: From Dull Pink to washed out blue. If you’ve seen it at the cotton candy stand at the fair or on the runway, this is the It color, especially for females. Guys? Are you ready to rock these fun colors? Watch out for more platinum blond shades, thanks to: Kim K and Jared Leto.
Tiny Floral Prints: Big and bold was last year’s version. This year, looks like the flare of the flowers and fauna are getting smaller. Yet still a huge hit amongst the fashion forward NBA stars.
Black, Blue and Grey: If you don’t know what to wear today or tonight. Just pick out colors from these, combine and get out of the house. These are awesome, reliable year round’ look great colors. If you want to be really on trend, go with the dull green, dull light blue or even the (yuk) beige/khaki.
Trendy a la Mode Fashion Words describing what’s now and what’s next:
Health Goth, AthLeisure, Avant-Bland, Fly-Girl, Retro-Chic, and the NoTrendTrend.
I’m thinking next blog post will be dedicated to the Health Goth look. Fun name and lots of great designers doing it. Rick Owens, HBA, Alexander Wang to name a few. See you on the Streetz.
DSMF@DSM Do Shop Many Floors at Dover Street Market
What’s Hot on the Streetz-December 2014
In December 2013 I somehow missed the Grand Opening of NY’s most Hip, Hype and Happening Hi-End Luxe Life shopping experience. DSM opened in December 2013 and Streetzblog has been hoping to go here ever since. Saturday December 20th they celebrated their 1-Year Anniversary party and we hit it up on Monday December 22, 2014. This will be more of a pictorial blog posting than editorial. So let’s get the party started with some hot brands and their special Comme Des Garcons Frozen selection.
On my list of things to do this year in NYC, DSM was on the top of the list. I always stay at 45th and Madison at the Roosevelt Hotel and most things are within walking distance, this is one of them. Located about 15 minutes away on Lexington and 30th is the 7 full stories of the Famed Dover Street Market with practically every Luxe-Life Street and Hi End Hip Brand imaginable on each and every floor. Some brands represented when we were there included: Thom Browne, Alexander Wang, Hood By Air, APC, Nike like you’ve never seen them before, Sunsea and of course…Comme Des Garcons. And, It’s not just a store but an art installation at the same time, Can you feel the art meets fashion Vibe here?
Here we see some gear that I’ve only seen on the internet and in magazines, but got to see LIVE in person at Dover Street Market in NYC. Check some of this nice Luxe-Life gear out!
It was a great time to stop by, they still had some of the 1st Anniversary Dover Street Market x Converse 70’s Limited Edition Kicks. These have extra bounce in them, shiny fronts, and the very a la mode blacked out color-way which makes them extremly comfy, very stylish and a must have while they last purchase ($145 plus tax).
As you would expect some of the pieces at the market are a bit pricey. But if you’re looking for what you’ve been seeing on the net and in the mags and enjoy living the Luxe-Life, DSM is the place for you. Or if you just enjoy browsing a really fun store, this is the place to go. It reminds me a bit of the Limelight Marketplace when it was the hippest place to go. Although, I haven’t checked up or heard about the Limelight for a couple of years. I do know that they are still there, so you may want to check them out-they also carry fancy Nike’s, Comme Des Garcons and maybe DJ Lui is still there?
DSM also has food, various Teas, and coffee on the ground floor. Oh, and they do have T’s. Go to the 6th Floor. These were a bit hard to find, so I wanna’ make sure you know that they are on Floor Number 6 and they have a nice selection of sizes for guys and gals-logo with stripes and without, made by Commes Des Garcons. If you’re not ready to spend 4K on a fine lambskin jacket, you may want a shirt or two. I couldn’t resist the limited edition DSM x Cons, almost bought a shirt, but I’m a shoe guy, so “had” to go for the kicks.
Say Hi to Jason if you go there, he was very helpful, nice and was wearing the new blackened out cons. Tell him you heard about DSM on Streetzblog, he’ll remember seeing me, I was dressed up for the location. Utilizing some of my fast fashion tricks with a few Luxe-Life brands slipped in for an all around 2014 Trend a la Moment look. And I matched really well today, which doesn’t always happen!
Warm Weather, Cool Breeze, We’ve got you Covered
Streetzblog Hot for the Holidays List December 2014
For this year’s first post on What’s Hot for the Holidays, I started out a bit Kitsch, flowed through some esoteric and left you with some solid Streetgear. Happy Holidays!
- Neon Zinka: Colored nose coat for the beach, Skiing and Snowboarding. The latest colors come in bright electric Pink and Teal. They also have Neon pink, green, purple, yellow and the standard white. More like a stocking stuffer than a real present. Either way, the colors are Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic. $7 each Available Here
- Urban Decay Pigment Palette: Keeping on the bright Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic page, these electric colors are pretty rockin’. All the colors you need are here: Neon Green, Yellow, Pink and of course Purple and Blue. 10 colors total. You can’t go wrong wearing these to your next 80’s/2014 party. $49 at UrbanDecay
- Voyager 10 Sunglasses: I can’t seem to pick an era these would go well in except now. A bit of a Lolita Shape, 1950’s tourtist color on the frames, with the 2013-14 Flo Green-Blue in the. lens. $195 at westwardleaning.com
- Typewriter Computer Keyboard: This has to be one of the strangest Let’s Go Retro and be Cool things to come out in a while. It’s basically an old fashion typewriter that attaches to your tablet, so that you can type on the typewriter and it shows up on the tablet. Made for Underwood by Jack Zylkin. $799 at usbtypewriter.com Note: When I went to this site to get ya’ll the url, many of the machines are SOLD-OUT. So I suspect this is less strange and more important to people than I originally thought.
- Clutch with speakers: Various colored Clutches with a built-in Stelle Audio audio speaker that blasts. $399 at rebeccaminkoff.com
- Socialmatic Digital Camera: Takes instant poloroid pictures on special paper and has Wi-Fi and blue tooth capabilities to upload your fav pix to FB or Instagram. Ever noticed how the Instagram logo looks a bit like the Poloroid camera? Hmm These camera’s will be available in January 2015 at poloroid.com Just too cool not to mention. Maybe you can get it for someone for Valentine’s Day? $299 when it comes available Here
- Thermacell Pro Heating Insoles: These insoles keep your feet toasty for 5 hours at 111 degrees! If I lived in a cold area of the world, I would buy these the minute I saw them. Almost as expensive as my kicks, but bet they’re worth it on a blizzardy ski Trip. $150 at thermacell.com
- Black Apple x New York Knicks: Now, here’s number one on my hit-list for myself for the Holidays. Limited Edition New York Knicks streetwear created by the guys from Public School. Was just available (12/5/14) at the MSG brick and mortar store. Now you can place an order from anywhere, just call 212 631 5390 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org Better hurry, the last collection sold out before I even knew it was available. Find pictures on Instagram or as usual, just google it. Glad they were able to accommodate people outside of NYC. I’ll see if anything is left on December 20 when I visit the Garden.
- Echoluxury Kicks: Feit pronounced Fight at 2 Prince St. in NY has some slick new kicks. Only 60 are made of each shoe and each shoe comes from just one piece of leather. Wow, that’s a big cow! These are created by Price, the guy who invented Royal Elastics. The shoes with no laces. Various prices. Available at feitdirect
- Python Skateboard: Libra leather Home, a favorite store of Alexander Wang has a pretty dope looking python Skateboard and the leather king-Mitch Alfus has some very Luxe-Life footballs. Skateboard: $1,500 Football: $1,200 This would be the perfect place to shop for a rich friend who has “almost” everything. 72 Frankin St. in NY Now through January 31st. Then the King goes back to whatever Kings of the Luxe-Life do. I guess. More information on these products and others available Here
Rush to Waikiki for Jimmy Choo’s Limited Edition Clutch
As of Saturday September 27, 2014 there are 50 available!
The brand new Jimmy Choo Waikiki is officially open a the Royal Hawaiian Center in Waikiki on the island of Oahu. This is one of the first boutiques in the world to showcase the new store concept designed in collab with the David Collins Studio. The BIG news of this store’s opening is the offering of the Limited Edition Candy Clutch designed by creative Director, Sandra Choi which commemorates the opening of the Waikiki Boutique.
As of Saturday when I chatted via email with the store’s PR aficionado Abram, he mentioned that there are only 50 of these Limited Edition clutches left in the store. And when they are gone, they are GONE! Before you hit the internet, know that this Clutch is only available in the new Boutique. While they last, the Delightfully designed Gradated Blue, Orange and Yellow Hawaii inspired clutch is $995. If you can get to the store before they’re all sold out. Good thing is many don’t know the store is here yet, bad news is they will sure find out after this post goes live.
The New JImmy Choo Boutique is located at the Royal Hawaiian Center on the Diamond Head end near the Omega Store. Presently, the Kalakaua entrance is under construction, so please enter on the interior mall side of the store. Jimmy Choo is open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday thru Sunday. And Yes, Great news is they do provide validated parking.
Here’s the awesome information including their email address on the brand new store in Waikiki on the Island of Oahu. I may not purchase the Clutch personally, but I do know I’ll be down there soon checking out the patent leather Jimmy Cho for men Hi-Tops. Looking forward to the black pair similar to the white I noticed over at the Ala Moana store.
ROYAL HAWAIIAN CENTER
2201 KALAKAUA AVENUE, SUITE C-103A, HONOLULU, HI 96815, USA
T +1 (808) 922-4563
F +1 (808) 923-2783
Have a Great and Stylish Week. Next post will give you a snapshot of the Annual Love Festival and show you many of the fashion finds from the event on Saturday September 26, 2014 at Kakaako Waterfront Park on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. See you on the Streetz.
Say an Early Hello to Halloween and be well Prepared in October 2014
This year Halloween falls on a Friday. Friday October 31, 2014. It will be celebrated Friday October 24-Friday October 31st. Be especially aware of some of the bigger parties happening on Saturday October 25, 2014. Because Halloween is best celebrated on a Saturday. No Work for most on Sunday and it gives many extra time to get dressed and ready for the BIG night on the town, having their own party or just turning out all the lights and watching 8-12 hours of non-stop scary, sometimes pretty disturbing movies.
Here’s a nice little list of some tips and tricks to for this year’s Halloween Holiday.
Pumpkin Spice Food & Drinks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee: The original seasonal Starbucks pumpkin spice latte beverage looked forward to each year by both the caffeinated lovers and even the de-caf clan. Available now at all Starbucks locations
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese: Philadelphia brand cream cheese. Great on a plain or even better on a pumpkin flavored bagel. Tastes pretty good, just has a slightly peachy color. Another Seasonal product to get when you see it.
- Pumpkin spice Gum: Extra has its own version of the pumpkin spiced category. Just launched in August 2014, Extra pumpkin spiced gum may or may not last. The taste as one might say is interesting. Get it while you can in your local supermarket aisle or check out stand.
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding: Jell-O brand Pudding has you covered with a nice orange Pumpking Spiced pudding. Great to eat by itself, use as a quick and easy pie filling or put the plastic covering on the floor and get ready for the perfect pumpking flavored food fight. *Kids ask for permission from your parents. Adults, you may ask permission by your mate or roommates or you may just want to do it and ask for permission on a later date, like maybe never.
- Pumpkin Snacks: Another buy em’ if you see em’ pumpkin delicacy. Limited Edition Pumpkin Pop-Tarts. I think I could eat this for breakfast and I’m not a very good breakfast eater, Sundays I have a home-cooked meal, but the other days i can barely down a protein shake with my instant coffee caffeine drink. The Limited Edition treats are Available now while they last.
- Pumpkin Confections: Kraft has you covered to completely turbo charge your Boo-Berry cereal with Pumpkin Spiced marshmallows. Might be a fun filler for your hot chocolate, latte, or bust them out at the campfire and really freak everyone out. I have yet to try these, but may give them a whirl.
- Absinthe: The fluorescent green color will go perfect with anything orange. And the sugar cube can be your special tasty treat. Take some fun pictures with the green and orange color scheme. Take the pictures to the edge by tricking them out to an even more outrageous Flo-Green and Bright orange with the filters on the Camera+ App, then send them through Instagram for an added boost of decadent crazy color and effects.
- Orange Beer: So easy to make, just take the red and the yellow food coloring add some light-colored beer and you’re good to go. Who says you just need to drink colored beer on St. Patrick’s Day anyways?
- Pink Cashmere: This drink isn’t orange or green, it’s pink. But the candy melts into the drink in an oh so spectacular way. It’s for sure a Halloween go to drink-ity-drink and instant conversation starter. This crazy concoction comes from the folks at the Sage Restaurant at Aria in Las Vegas. In a shaker with a lot of ice, put 2 ounces of Grey Goose Cherry Noir vodka, 1/2 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup, and 1 once of white cranberry juice. Shake it up. Now comes the tricky and tasty part. Put a hand full of pink or other various colored cotton candy in a glass and pour the liquid libation on top of the cotton candy. Wait in delight as the cotton candy melts and oozes as the booze disassembles it into a perfectly spooky libation.
- The Devil Wears Prada: We can’t miss out on this fashionably decadent drink. With a title from one of my favorite movies, it’s gotta’ be good. 2 ounces of Jim Beam Devils Cut Whiskey, 1/2 ounce Dekuyper 03 Orange Liquer and some Angostura Bitters. Throw in some pre-made Orange food coloring or orange juice ice cubes and your ready to rock the orange carpet.
- Halloween Cups: So far my favorite this year is the Drink up Witches cups from Pear 1 Imports. $9.95 for a set available here
- Wreath: Not just for Christmas anymore. Colorful Skull and Flower Wreaths available now at Target for $20.
- Watch: Just in time for Halloween, you can rock your own candy necklace swatch watch. comes with 4 strands of non-edible but look very tasty strands of candy necklace circles for your wrist attached to a pink and aqua watch. Available at Swatch.com
- Land Sharks-This was the biggest year for Shark Week & Sharknado so we should see a slew of sharks
- Game of Thrones and Walking Dead Characters
- Breaking Bad should have at least one more good year of bright yellow jumpers and gas masks
- Gamora or Rocket the Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Frozen characters will be huge this year..Anna, Elsa and Olaf are all available now
- Princess’ like Belle, Aurora, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel and don’t forget the dark fairy Maleficent
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Cat in the Hat
- Young or Classic Batman and maybe the young Penguin from Gotham, he looks rather disturbing.
- Duck Dynasty Dudes
- Anime and Cosplay costumes should be pretty big in Hawaii this year
- Star Wars-It’s a little early for all the big hype, but people have the date set for the new Star Wars so costumes will be out and about this year
- The Dark and Black colored versions of the Hunger Games Characters. The next Mockingjay movie has some pretty goth looking posters out and about already.
- Don’t forget Divergent. A few great couples costumes to be found from that movie
- Another great group costume theme would be, it fits in the vampire Faery theme of 2014
- Captain America
- And my all time favorite is when someone makes a dinner table and has their head on it. So fun to see that one get around in the wee hours of the late night early morning
One of this year’s great costumes will be the Derick Jeter. Here’s a very cool Derick Jeter/Gatorade commercial. It looks extremely real, feels extremely real, I wonder how much of it was real?
See you on the Streetz. This Friday at Eat the Street and Saturday at the Love Fest.
Wang Nab It
Ever since H&M moved in about 10 minutes from where I live, I’ve been fascinated about following their big days, special collections, new releases and sales. Looks like we finally have some new pictures of one of the most anticipated collaborations of Fall 2014. The Alexander Wang x H&M Collaboration. The other biggest upcoming collab being the Jordan x Supreme release, which no matter what it looks like will sell out in seconds.
The British version of GQ has generously given us a sneak peak inside the upcoming Alexander Wang for H&M collaboration. The collection features 2 of my favorite colors-Black and Grey and is inspired by a sporty vibe with boxing as the main force behind the collection. Pieces to look forward to for men include activewear, sweatshirts with Big bold raised lettering, a puffy or as the English call it Puffer jacket, WANG sunglasses and more. As reported on streetzblog back in June, the collection releases at H&M stores world-wide on Friday November 6, 2014. Might be a good time for a Vay-Cay Day or you might want to call in sick. Looks like this is gonna’ be a BIG event at H&M with both the Men’s and Women’s wear flying off the shelves.
I’ll be at the H&M in Waikiki and will hopefully be able to nab a couple of the black and grey pieces. And also looking forward to being in NYC in Mid December to check out the newest store on 5th and 52nd or maybe the even newer yet to open store at Herald Square! Hopefully the Grand Opening will happen when I’m in town.
Here’s few of the First Looks of the collab courtesy of British GQ. Which is your favorite?
The Summer 2014 Straw Fedora Hat Trend
Wow! Crazy fast, Ultra quick, let’s look stylish yet all alike, mega-moving speed of light trend of the Summer. The straw hat trend or as most of what I notice in particular the Straw Fedora Hat Trend.
Since early June, I’ve seen so many straw Fedora hats In Downtown Honolulu, Ala Moana Mall, Windward Mall and especially along the streetz of Kalakaua in Waikiki. I saw them first, started taking pictures second. Made a draft of this post way back in early June, took some more pictures. Thought I was going to post 30-40 pictures. Realized I only had 4 good shots, 2 ok shots and 12 unusable photos. So, I figured the trend may die before I get 30-40 pictures, so figured it’s already July 8, 2014, I just better post what I have.
I’ll update it later in July, if and when I get some more shots. Just trust me on this one, In Waikiki alone, two Thursdays ago, I was counting 4 in 10 wearing some sort of straw hat and most were the fedora type. I can’t wait any longer to post this. Hope you enjoy the pictures. And I hope to get you some more. It’s once again time when my brain thinks it’s time for a DSLR, but once again I spent my camera money on suits, shoes and shorts. Such a shop-o-holic. I have 3 credit cards in the freezer. Might be time to put some ice around them…LOL Yep, they’re in the freezer like the Confessions of a Shopoholic heroine does with hers, but hers are frozen. Mine, so far are just in the freezer and not in my pocket. Baby steps, today’s rationalization is How can I blog about clothes, shoes and hats? If I can’t personally go shopping?
All Shots were taken via my iPhone 5s utilizing either the camera+ App or Snapseed App for post production editing. Are people wearing these hats this summer where you live? Last Summer? Or not wearing them at all? It would be interesting to know if it’s a world-wide phenom or just a Hawaiian Island trend.