Category Archives: Celebrity Shoes
Movie Star, Scarlett Johansson was in Hawaii this past Friday. I didn’t see her personally, but I suspect she thought it was pretty HOT out at the Beach. For those of us who live here, We think its cold and most havent been to the beach in a few weeks. Me personally, I went to the beach- 72% is still warmer than most places on the mainland! Note: the funniest thing that the TV news does over here is to tell us that we have a “Cold Front” moving in…LOL, that is pretty funny! Have a Good Week.
Today’s game was great, super close and my team Won. I grew up in Chicago and the Bears are my favorite team, but with them not there, my second favorite team is the Giants-mostly because they are from NYC (and Yeah, I know they Play in New Jersey). The commercials were ok this year, I pretty much liked the Ferris Bueller/Mathew Broderick CRV? commercial, secondly I liked hearing the Cult Song “She Sells Sanctuary” being rapped upon during a bud fest commercial. But really, the best part was actually the football game and the half-time show.
Usually, I would go to sleep by now and write this in the morning, but I want to write in Sunday night before I might get brainwashed by other people’s opinions and the weird yet undeserved dissing on Madonna I’ve been reading this week on twitter. She really doesn’t deserve it, Hey I’ll admit it, I’ve always liked Madonna ever since the Borderline and Lucky Star Days. So here goes the report on the show:
Personally, I think She put on a Fabulous Show, with lots of time, effort and preparedness put into it. The Beginning costumes era “the movie-300” were completely over the top extravagant. Then, Then, Then .. pretty much the main reason I wanted to write tonight is the next dancers all came out wearing my Raf Simmons Dr Martins!! As you know, I got mine last February on Melrose St. when I went to see the Prodigy in L.A and I wear them to 80% opf my DJ gigs. Oh-that was so awesome to see them wearing my 3rd favorite pair of shoes I own! YAH!
I dont know how long the video at the top of the page will last, but for now it’s showing up in high quality HD with nice sound. You can check it out while it lasts. Just in case I’ll do a quick run down on the rest of the show, along with some pix from Getty’s, AP and NBC/E!.
Madonna Started off with Vogue, with a super extravagant set, with even more outrageous designs on the field. The Dancing was off the HOOK!
Then She went into “Music”-you know the video with Ali G Big Pimpin’ in his bright Golden Track suit. And it was somewhere in here that the guy with the fro and the white Robe danced on a rope flying through the air. I really dont know how he still has Balls? LOL The pains of putting on a BIG SHOW! I guess Go Big or Go Home… He sure did a good job though. BUT OUCH!
Then Surprise guests LMFAO showed up to do a quick rendition of Party Rock and If you’re Sexy and You know it. I think that Madonna was going off extremely well by herself and to add them wasnt good or bad, but since Party Rock was the Biggest song of the Summer-it really couldnt hurt and I sure bet the live crowd loved it. After LMFAO, some cheerleaders including Nicky Manaj and MIA came out to dance and sing to Mad’s new Tune ” Give Me all your Lovin” Or as I was calling it on the half-time show-YOU LUV MADDONA- it was a bit of a cheer then the real song, which has possibilities, especially if she gives it to AfroJack to mix up a bit.
I didn’t notice it but sources at E! have said that M.I.A gave the middle finger, not sure why she thought she needed to do this, the show was really quite good and didn’t even need controversy to get more post hype on it. So that’s all on that silliness.
Next up, the drummers came out and Expressed themselves with a very quick excerpt from the same song and showed us all Cee Lo Green, who went on to do a great “Like a Prayer” everyone was dressed pretty dark and goth which was pretty awesome and the twinkling silver lights in the stadium were awesome.
Then Madonna and Ceelo Went up into the air. And the last thing I remember was Madonna disappearing into the stage in a blaze of explosions and smoke and we saw “World Peace on the Field” Here’s one more picture, just in case the video becomes “a no go” in a day or two” i sure tried to take the most legal version-it even has a short commercial for Jay Leno on it. so, lets hope it stays for a while. Hope your Monday is a good one. I know at my job, people are typically in one of the worst moods of the year the day after Superbowl. I think the Monday after Superbowl should be an official holiday, so I dont have to deal with all the hangovers and bad moods. Ah-I could just think ahead and take a vacation day. 2012 is supposed to be my year of ACTION-oh well at least I remembered, next year I’ll go for the action and take a Vay-Cay Day.
I like having my Hotmail account back in action on my iPhone, Today I received an email from Adidas announcing the new adizero Rose 2.5 Shoes. Having Hotmail back will allow me to get info out quicker, which as you know is super important in the “shoe game”. The new Shoes are Derrick’s 4th signature shoe and they come with a very lightweight synthetic leather upper, spring frame support and EVA cushioning. The Cool part is the upper-it has an aerial map of Rose’s Home neighborhood and Signature details including his jersey number-1 on the toe and the Rose logo on the tongue. These are available now at shopadidas.com and come in a few different colors-cost is $110.
Then after my email from Adidas, I checked the web and found these over at hypebeast.com. They are also adizero-Rose 2.5’s. But these wont be available until just before the All-Star Game on Thursday February 23rd and they come with special GEOFIT memory foam on the collar to provide max comfort. Me-I like the Black one’s. But I gotta’ try them on, I bought the first pair of Roses shoes and I like the look, but like most of my Jordans they aren’t wide enough and hurt my feet pretty bad-but they do look Good with the black patent! What’s better, to Feel Good or Look Good-I’ll take Looking good anyday! What do you think?
*Note: I did find a pair of red ones on shopadidas.com last night. Looks like there are special red ones for the All-Star Game!
I’m pretty much easy into the new year on streetzblob.com and what better way then to do it the easy way utilizing info from Twitter, E on TV and E on-line LIVE from the “Blush” not RED carpet at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards.
Pretty quick synopsis of the looks-then We’ll play Match-Game with the Women’s Designers. EVERYONE including the guys looked 5-10 years younger than they did last year. Something fishy in the water over in Hollywood. Especially for the guys to looks so perfect. The Girls always look hot, but the guys? When did they get longer hair than last year and completely flawless wrinkle free skin!
You can check out the other blogs for more on the looks and what people think, here, we’re just going to play a little game. All you need to do is guess the famous lady with the designer or accessory that matches. And-Yes, it’s not a mistake, Madonna is on here 3X. She finally looks like herself again, no more of those freaky non fat muscle arms. So, I’m giving her 3 matches-everyone else has just 1. and 2 actors have the same designer Have fun!Charlize Theron Atelier Versace Madonna Zac Posen Michelle Williams Jason Wu Kate Winslet Gucci Emma Stone Lanvin Zooey Deschanel Victoria Secret’s Underwear Sarah Michelle Gellar Prada Madonna Nina Ricci Angelina Jolie Monique Lhuiller Rooney Mara Versace *Hint: The Girl with the Black Dress Salma Hayek Jenny Packham Madonna Dior Reese Witherspoon Cut-Off Black Gloves Nicole Kidman Lanvin Natalie Portman Keem Acra *Answers after this quote by Stacy Keibler:
“Party! Yeah, just face down drunk. This is always the most fun night of the year!” Stacy Keibler-George Clooney’s Girlfriend. When asked what she was going to do tonight.
I’m sure it’s pretty easy to do, but I’m not really in the mood to figure it out right now. Thus, the answers aren’t Upside down like they should be. They are just listed as follows:
Charleze Theron-Dior, Madonna-Reem Acra, Black Glove and Victoria Secret Underwear, Michelle Williams-Jason Wu, Kate Winslet-Jenny Packham, Emma Stone-Lanvin, Zooey Deschanel-Prada, Sarah Michelle Gellar-Monique Lhuiller, Angelina Jolie-Atelier Versace, Rooney Mara-Nina Ricci, Salma Hayek-Gucci, Reese Witherspoon-Zac Posen, Nicole Kidman-Lanvin, Natalie Portman-Lanvin.
Hot on the Holiday Streetz-120511
1. Jordans are always HOT for the Holidays. But these babies aren’t due to release until February 2012. I’ll be making a trip to NYC and Chicago in Mid December. I’ll let you know if I spot any on anyone or if some of the secret shops have em’. The next big December release are the Jordan Retro 11 Concords (Pictured below courtesy of Hypebeast. somewhere around December 23rd depending on where you live. A friend of mine from San Fran said he’d keep a pair on ice for me on these, we’ll see..Cause I know they will be a hard one to get at price.
Hot on the Holiday Streetz-Female Hotness
1. Rhinestone Headphones/black with Silver Star: Gojane.com $34 or special holiday price right now at 20% off for just $27.20. Or check out my friends over at Custom Rhinestone Clothing. They can hook you up with anything and everything under the “Hawaiian” Sun with rhinestones. I’m getting my niece some nice gear for Christmas from them.
2. The Hunger Game Collector’s Gift Pack: These are the books not the movie. But the movie is one of the most anticipated of the Holiday Season. Get a glimpse of what all the fuss is about by speed reading through these books. Barnes and Noble $30 or special Holiday Haul price of $27 at seventeen.com/holidayhaul Personally I do not know how anyone can do so much internet shopping and not run into crazy credit card debt. but It’s you doing the shopping not me on these websites. Me I’d rather pay cash and shop in person. Save my Credit Card for trips and Hotel rooms.. and of course baggage fees.
3. Lady Ga Ga Holographic nail Polish: It comes with two colors to give your nails a “real” Holigraphic effect. I gotta’ see it to believe this one. Available for a very limited time at barneys.com or at the Barneys NYC store.
4. Custom iPhone Cases: I had one of these done with my DJ art. It was really easy, I just uploaded the art, centered it to how I liked it and within 4 days they mailed it to me. You can make practically any type of picture or logo on your case. Cases are available 24/7 at case-mate.com I’m pretty sure I paid about $34 and yes, I did put this on my credit card, but it was worth it. TIP: Sign up for their newsletter! Over the weekend I received an electronic coupon good for 25% off my next purchase. Sweet!
5. Cake-Pop Maker: For the last two year’s all I kept seeing in NYC and Chicago were cupcakes, lately I’ve been seeing these mini cake with icing pops in Hawaii. Now you can make them yourself with the Daily Grommet Babycakes Cake Pop Mini treat Maker. $30 or get the Holiday Haul price of $25.50 at seventeen.com/holidayhaul
6. New Balance Custom Sneakers: Seems everyone is getting into the custom game. For customs these come with a pretty reasonable price tag too. $115 at shopnewbalance.com
If you’re in NYC and going to Swedish House Mafia at Madison Square Garden-give me a text and we can get together and talk about what’s hot on the streetz where you live. I’ll be doing Streetzblog.com interviews throughout the SHM night. Text me at 808 479 9928 if you want to be in the Special Edition SHM at MSG-What’s hot fashion wise at the concert edition coming out on Saturday December 17, 2011. I’ll get us a vid too of the Song of Fall 2011-Save the World by Swedish House Mafia. BTW check out the Knife party remix of Save the World-It has some killer Dubstep riffs in it.
As we, just like many sites have been hyping the big black Friday release of the Jordan 3 Black Cements we’ve kinda of looked over a few great alternatives. This right here is one of them: It’s a Julian Simon G-90 Full Grain Leather, Patent with Crocodile trim. The red and black pictured here has the best depth perception and contrast. Although they also come in Black, Blue and Grey. They Cost 135 Euro. And they are also limited. Last I checked the website had 23 pairs left. If you hurry you can find a pair here.
Here’s one of the latest pictures of the Air Jordan 3’s Black Cement set to release on Black Friday-the day after Thanksgiving or the Midnight of Thanksgiving depending on where you live. Special Thanks to nicekicks.com for the photo. You can click here for more pix from them.
And Here is Dwayne Wade sporting the 3’s. For more pictures of him click right here. I like the shoes, I like the Kicks mixed with a nice suit, I like Gabrielle Union, but not too sure about the D-Wades’s suit. For some reason the material looks funky. I guess I like more of a 100% Wool suit especially a black one.
And from one of my favorite shows at the moment, here is Kid Cudi wearing a pair of Air Jordan 3’s, I’m just not positive if they are the new ones or not. Seems there’s been about 3 or 4 in similar colorways. I have a pair of all Black-black Cats, the only Jordans I own that don’t hurt my feet. But that’s never stopped me from wearing all the other tons of J’s in my Condo. Special Thanks to gsneakers.com for the picture of How to Make it in America’s Kid Cudi Rockin’ his J-3’s
So last night I Dj’d from 9:30p-11:30p at the Miss Vamp After Party at theVenue, Thursday night I DJ’d from 930P-130A at LotusSoundBar and Wednesday night I did a proposal for my job from 3:30p-10:40p, this morning I had a 4:00am conference call and it is now 7:00am on Sunday morning. Thus, right now I am running on full-fledged adrenaline and Fumes-When the crash comes it will be ugly. But the Good news is, I’m gonna’ write up some pretty happening things that are presently “Hot on the Streetz”. Hope you enjoy them. And please don’t call my cell around Noon -3p today, I will hopefully be sleeping.
Hot on the Streetz 10-16-11
1. Matchstick Earrings: It’s funny how some of the simplest things can be the hottest things. These come in various shapes and sizes and some look even more like the real thing. The one’s pictured are of the higher end quality and the only picture I could find. W magazine-yes the real mag has a picture where they actually look like the wooden matchsticks. Either way you go-these will be great conversation starters. The Earrings are available at a Brooklyn based brand St. Kilda and can be found on their internet site.
2. Lebron 9’s Special Colorway: Well this kind of irritated me a bit. I thought I was all cool and hip and happening because Nike sent me an invitation to purchase the new Lebron 9’s before they went on sale to the general public. Well, the ones they offered me were the usual black and red 9’s. They were $175 and my next purchase will either be the need iPhone4s or a skateboard. BUT, later that same day I found these on hypebeast. The picture sure looks sleek, vibrant and a colorway I would probably attempt to get-who needs a new phone anyways-well I actually do so I can get you better pictures on to streetzblog.com. Anyways, I looked into getting a pair and of course they are limited and were only released on Friday night in MIAMI. Sheeez..I am still pissed off that Lebron didn’t go to the Knicks, now they release the happening colorway in Miami? Lame! Oh well, saves me money for either the new iPhone or the skateboard I still seem to be craving. The picture of the shoe does look nice though..eh?
3.The wikitude App: You just point your smart-phone camera at a street corner or random store and wikitude overlays it with pop-up links to more detailed Wikipedia entries, geo-tagged tweets, and other digital directs. Good thing to have to make a few bucks off your drunk friends late at night during a trivia street corner trivia match!
4. Multi Color Adidas and Simple colored Cons: This past week I spent some time in Waikiki watching the streetz and I went to see the new OMNI plane that will tak us all to Las Vegas. To see the plane I needed to spend 20 minutes in a TSA line complete with a fake ticket. So I took the time to check out the threads on the Japanese tourists as they headed back from HI to their homeland. As I was totally enthralled in a guys pair of Herringbone grey cargo pants-Oh man they are Killer! I spotted over 40 young Japanese tourists and what they were wearing on their feet. Most, if not all of them had on brand new Kicks. And all I saw were very colorful Adidas High and low tops in Yellows, blues, greens, purples and all with the 3 stripes. No D. Rose or D. Howard b-ball shoes, but all basic leather 3 stripes with crazy colors. The other shoe they all seemed to purchase were basic Converse. Some had the one star-probably bought at Target with the super cheap prices. And the others were really basic Cons-all High-Tops. No Nike’s at all! Struck me as funny for a bit, but then realized that our Hawaii Niketown hasn’t been around for a few years and ever since then, Nike product is pretty generic and useless to buy out here unless you have a secret hook up to get the 20-40 pairs of the good stuff sent out here. The Adidas and Cons both have stores out here,Target has great deals on Cons and there is both a Converse and an Adidas Outlet store in Waikele with some of the newest styles and the best prices I’ve seen in 10 years-especially the Converse!
If you’ve seen anything HOT on the streetz LMK what’s there. Or if you have any thoughts on these HOT on the Streetz items, just comment me or email me or I kind of like twitter on Sundays and I can be found at @scottmackenzie3 on twitter-For some reason I like to watch TV on Twitter on Sunday nights. And only on Sunday nights. Take Care!
Oh, I do like those blue Air Jordans. But We still have hope for Spikes Blue and orange New York Knicks Kicks. They aren’t exactly the same, but close enough at least in looks, probably not as limited. 100 pairs..that’s barely any. Enjoy the Vid. The shoes were on display at the Brisk Bodega and props go out to sneaker news and Greenhitz for turning me on to the Vid!