Search Results for balmain
#Balmanation=Domination on Thursday November 5, 2015
I hear a bit of a NIN riff in this vid. See if you can pick it up? I’m thinking this is gonna’ be more of a female oriented release than the Alexander Wang x H&M collection. And the gear or should I say apparel feels much more gaudy than last years AW release. Not sure yet what to get, but I will be in line for the excitement of the release. See you on the streetz near H&M in Waikiki on Thursday November 5, 2015!
Vibrant Subway Style
The Hype is heating up for the Balmain x H&M collection. The September 12 Balmain x H&M Update wasn’t too long ago, when we received a great glimpse of the Men’s collection. Now we have some of the looks shot by famed fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti. As seen on some pretty hot models/celebrities including Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Jourdan Dunn, Dudley O’Shaughnessy and Hau Yun Xiang.
When you love the Balmain world, you love the models that are part of it too. Kendall, Gigi, and Jorudan are my friends , and they are the perfect choice to star in the Balmain x H&M campaign. Olivier Rousteing, Creative Director of Balmain Paris.
The Balmain x H&M collection releases in store and on-line on Thursday November 5th. Time to start saving some $$. I’m expecting some good deals because it’s with H&M, but Balmain is typically pretty pricey designer swag. Check back with Streetzblog, We’ll continue to cover the updates and will be there in line live tweeting on November 5th. Might even try some perescoping If I’m awake enough.
See you on the Streetz!
Balmain x H&M Military x Jetsetter Inspired-First Look at the Men’s Collection
Finally a Sneak-Peak at the Balmain x H&M Men’s Collection 2015
In 2014, Streetzblog had a very fun time tracking the Alexander Wang x H&M collection, from Rumor, to Men’s and Women’s first looks, to even shopping early in the morning for the goods. This year, it’s Balmain who is doing the H&M Collab. Seems the clothes took a while to appear, but here they are! At least some of the guys gear.
Looks to be a lot of Military Green, some black and wow a Michael Jackson inspired leather jacket. From what I’ve seen from Balmain’s main label, some of their clothing has too much accoutrements and bling to be wearable, unless you’re a Rock or Movie star. This collection, so far, looks pretty wearable. My choices in order are: The Green Pea Coat, The Kicks, The textured backpack, the black pants with the zippers, and the Military shirt. I doubt I could wear the black jumpsuit or red leather jacket anywhere I go. Overall, pretty wearable and the quality is looking spot on.
Projected date for the collection to be in store and on-line is Thursday November 5, 2015.
What would you wear?
Thank You to Highsnobiety’s Balmain x H&M info for the picture. And thanks to British GQ for the original picture, where you can also check out an Interview with Balmain’s Creative Director with Balmain’s Creative director-Olivier Rousteing.
See you on the Streetz of Honolulu this week. December 18-21 in NYC and Dec 22-27 in Chicago.
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
Top Women’s Trends for Fall/Winter 2019/2020
Check out that Mega Silver Studded Balmain Dress at #8
*Trends Courtesy of the Passion for Fashion YouTube Channel.
If you are in a rush and don’t have time to watch the video, here is the list:
But do come back to watch the video. There’s some amazing colors, textures and prints on this video!
1. Furry Coats
2. Monochromatic Look
3. Into the Wild (Animal prints)
4. Colored Leather
6. Check Prints
7. Lovely in Lace
8. Punk Princess (The Mega Silver Studded LBD by Balmain)
10. Cinched Waist
The Streetzblog Top 10 for Fall 2018 Winter 2019
This is a Big, long weekend for trend-spotting with Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Big Wave Sunday and Cyber Monday. We’ve hit the streets and surfed the net to bring you the Streetzblog top 10 list for clothes and shoes.
Top 10 Clothes and Shoe Trends Late November 2018
- Camouflage: Whether you go for the 90’s bright orange or light blue and black camo, or the designer flage tailored and crisp. Camouflage is your go to color category. Hit up your local Army/Navy Surplus store for some of the 1990’s influenced colors or try any of these designers to be in with the latest camo moment: Daniel Patrick, Heron Preston, or Polo by Ralph Lauren.
- Black or true Brown Boots: Once again, get em’ at the army navy surplus store in the high shine black combat boot. Or kick it up a notch with the Prada Wedge Sole Black Leather boots, Grenson High Top Brogues (The burnt brown is a must have from Grenson) or Taft.
- Uniqlo x KAWS x Sesame Street: Some of the most sought after gear include: The Black Hoodie, the Grey XX Crew Sweat shirt and the Black XX pocket T. And a lot of this is already sold out in the M, L and XL sizing. I went on day 2 and got the last of a couple styles in the L and XL size. People were grabbing quick for what was left of the designs in black and grey. They also have plush dolls with XX Kaws Signature eyes, seems to be plenty of stock on these. I’m thinking eBay may be the place to get the hotter styles. If day 2 had a lot of sell outs, I wouldn’t want to be shopping there day 3 onward. KAWS is Hot on the Sesame Streetz!
- Mad for Plaid: Flannels in traditional colors and patterns. Along with last years plaid trend still staying hot-the Multi differential plaid shirt with 4-5 different plaids sewn together. Pretty much, everywhere you go, you can get your plaid on. H&M, Polo by Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy, Off-White, R13 and Banana Republic are some of our A-1 picks.
- Off-White: Nike x Off-White Kicks or the clothing line. Whichever you pick, you’re good to go. Pro Tip: For the Kicks, check out Stadium Goods on Cyber Monday or if you can wait, Stadium Goods does a really nice New Year’s Day Sale. Last year it was 25-30% off regular prices and it included the “Ten” collection. Pro Tip number 2: On Black Friday, both Saks Fifth Avenue and SSENSE do really good Off-White Sales. This year some of the most sought after T’s, Jackets and Sweats were 30-40% off, which can be a lot considering the retail price.
- Military Influenced: Both Camo and Military is spot on for Fall 2018. Army Jackets, Bomber Jackets, Multi pocketed pants, Dark Blue or black Military coats. Some places I know have the goods include: ZARA, Polo by Ralph Lauren, R13, Mr. and Mrs. Italy, John Varvatos, Alpha Industries and of course Balmain.
- Workwear: Price point low looking high is easy in this category. Many heritage workwear labels have kept their great prices, while helping you rock one of the hottest trends at the moment. From the Chore Jacket to straight legged Dickies, painters pants and utility vests, this is an easy and inexpensive trend to pull off. *You can also raise the bar with some of the newest looks from Heron Preston. Top picks for workwear are: Dickies, Carhartt (Work in Progress), Carrier, Stan Ray, Red Wing Shoes, Timberland’s and Heron Preston.
- Surf T’s: It’s Big Wave Surf Season on the North Shore of Oahu and the looks are pure fire this year. Lots to choose from: The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the Hawaiian Pro, the Billabong Pipeline Pro, the Eddie and the Volcom Pipe Pro (Some nice black shirts + camo shorts) Get some or all: Vans, Billabong, Volcom. Pro Tip: Vans and Volcom do some of the best Black Friday sales out there. This year, I went to Volcom. (Almost) Everything in the store was 40% off. And if you spent over $200, you could purchase a Volcom towel for $10 or a select group of T’s for just $10. *If you don’t know what to get someone ANYwhere in the World, get them a Surf competition T. They will love it and you for a long time! This is a must give gift.
- Xtra Lage Clunky Sneakers: This 2017 trend continues Hot into 2018 and looks like its not letting up in 2019. They started as Dad Shoes, looking like a New Balance from the 80’s. Now they are so big, you may not need to do leg day at the gym. The Balenciaga Triple S has 6 layers of various materials to make up their sole. I tried them on the other day and yep, they are pretty comfy. See if you can get the pairs made in Italy, some of the newer versions are made elsewhere, for $995, you want em’ made in Italy. Or grab some of your dads old running shoes and add some layers to the bottoms. By Far, the Brand to get is Balenciaga. Note: the newest track version is even bigger than the Triple S! Other’s on the Hot list include: Calvin Klein, Adidas by Raf Simons, Versace, Gucci, Acne. & even New Balance and Fila are refreshing their own act. For the ladies, I’m totally digging the Commes Des Garcons x Nike Cortez. Looks like what Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice would wear if she went on the tour. With Posh not participating, Geri Halliwell/Ginger Spice will probably nab em for the upcoming Spice Girls Tour.
- Ready, Set Tech: Seems like this is another Hot for 2017, happening again in 2018 and 19. Stretchy, comfortable, non Chafing, no Stink, silky smooth Mesh, Bright Out 3M,Velcro,water Repellant, protectant, Lycra, warm or cold weather fabrics. Check out Nike/a Nike collab or: A.P.C, White Mountaineering, Y-3, Acronym, Uniqlo (Heat-Tech), Adidas Alpha Skin Climachill, Black Yack 6 material Hybrid Jacket, Descente or Under Armour Vanish.
Here’s a sneak peak of my latest creation, utilizing the plaid & tech trend features. I’m using silver 3M Material to make these babies pop when the street light lands on you.
What are you seeing for the latest trends in clothes and shoes? Let us know in the comments section. Happy Holidays! See you on the Hawaii…soon to be NYC Streetz!
Streetzblog has been tracking the November H&M collabs for a few years now. And this year, the November 2017 collaboration is going to be ERDEM x H&M.
More than a bit, but a BIG departure from Alexander Wang and Balmain. ERDEM up until this collection has done Women’s wear with lots of flowing flowers. ERDEM says on the H&M website that yes, there will be menswear.
What to expect? Maybe Tweed Jackets, flower power shirts, riding boots, jodhpurs? We shall see! The collection comes from the English Countryside. Not the City streetz of London.
It would have been a good year for OFF WHITE x H&M to happen. Well, I expect we’ll see a dark blue with small red&white flowers hipster/Hawaiian short sleeved shirt. Been seeing many renditions of them lately. So, maybe H&M is on the right track. That shirt is super popular out here in Hawaii. When I think about it, these clothes will probably go well with H&M’s Coachella vibe, they’ve been doing over the last few years.
I guess I shoulda’ bought more Alexander Wang x H&M when I had the chance. But with 2 credit cards, a debit card and some cash, I barely made it out of there without washing dishes. The clothes are great. The 2 pairs of shoes are way too big. But nice to look at..LOL *If you want a pair of the Mens Alexander Wang x H&M shoes, email me, I’m sure we can figure out a trade/cash deal. They are still NIB.
What do you think of ERDEM x H&M? Me, I don’t quite get it. Or I keep forgetting that H&M also sells Women’s wear. And many celebrities wear the ERDEM clothes like: Emma Stone, Keira Knightley and Nicole Kidman.
We’ll keep you posted on the ERDEM x H&M collection. For now, we have this teaser video:
See you on the Streetz!
H&M x KENZO
Earlier this week, I was thinking it was just about time to hear what the new H&M Collab would be for November 2016. And Voila! Today/Wednesday May 25, 2016, Vogue.com reports that it’s going to be KENZO x H&M for November 2016. Official Hashtag is: #KENZOxHM The Women’s and Men’s Collection of ready to wear and accessories arrive in 250 H&M stores and on-line on Thursday November 3, 2016.
Past Collabs have included:
Balmain , Alexander Wang (My Fav)-2014, Isabel Marent-2013, Marni-2012, Versace-2011, Lanvin-2010, Comme des Garcons-2008, Karl Lagerfield-2004. Also: Beyonce, David Beckham and Viktor& Rolf.
See you on the Streetz and at H&M in Waikiki on Thursday November 3rd, 2016.
Heat on the Street!
Nike Lab teams up with Balmain’s designer of the Celebs; Olivier Rousteing. This collection brings you High End Black and Gold Jackets and Pants for Men and Women. Along with 4 pairs of Football kicks. Including my favorite pair shown above. I like the Simplicity of the Style and the Gold Metallic Back Zip the best!
The whole collection is Black and Gold, Olivier’s favorite colors and the perfect Color-Way for an Olympic year!
I find it pretty amusing that most websites and bloggers are calling the shoes Football inspired. Which, YES, they are in most of the world. But even the U.S sites don’t mention that they are what people in the U.S call Soccer Kicks. I know I got in trouble 1x on YouTube for siting a movie as a Soccer movie. Almost incited an internet riot. So, they’re probably better off calling them Football compared to Soccer. And The Whole Black and Gold ensemble is entitled the “NikeLab x Olivier Rousteing: Football Nouveau” collection. I just figure, I can take the Heat on the word Soccer. I think some are gonna’ be a little confused.
But in reality, this collection will most likely be worn more at the Club then on the Pitch/Field.
This is some pretty Styling Gear. Even though the hype is only 10 days. I suspect it will fly off the net and out of the NikeLab locations.
On June 2, 2016 you can try your best to cop the Kicks and Gear Here. For now, check out the Vid starring OR himself…Hey-Where’s his A-List posse of beautiful people? Playing Football? Maybe Soccer? Probably taking a nap, getting ready for the next party. Wherever they are, it’s good to see OR in action working and the collection is Pure Fire. 🙂
A New York Holiday-Barney’s 2013
Barneys is going to be fun this Holiday Season with a Jay Z collab celebrating the vibe of NYC. Barney’s has collaborated with Shawn “Jay Z” Carter for this years Limited Edition Holiday Collection. Last year was the Walt Disney Company’s “Electric Holiday” and the year before was Lady Gaga and “Gaga’s Workshop”. In my opinion the Electric Holiday was a bit too family and young children oriented. I did enjoy Gaga’s Workshop-the Windows were very extravagant and the gifts although a bit pricey ($45 for Rock Candy) were well curated and I was able to purchase some nice gifts for friends and family for Christmas. I also liked the Gaga Shopping bag, it was worth the purchases.
This Year’s Collab looks to be pretty awesome especially for guys. Most of the offerings are for Men with some items being dual-gender and home pieces for everyone. The Color Scheme is simple yet effective for a NYC vibe; colors are White, Black, Silver and Gold.
The designers include a plethora of famous and in the moment Hi-Luxe brands Most of which can be seen throughout the year on on Barneys Website. The Big Names are a who’s who of who is HOT in today’s fashion world: Rick Owens, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Montcler, Proenza Schouler, Balmain, Stutterheim, Hoorsenbuh, Shawn Carter by Hublot, Elder Statesman, T Anthony, Acne, EN Noir, Roc Nation, and Just Don. WOW! That would sure be a fun premiere party to attend!
Some of the pre announced items include: a sleek crisp minimalist back-pack by Balenciaga, an 18 Karat Double Ring from Hoorsenbuh, A Hoodie from Rick Owens and a tailored Jacket from Lanvin. And probably the most extravagant item is a Shawn Carter by Hublot 45 mm watch with Alligator strap, a yellow Gold movement and a “Deployment Buckle” (What is that?) with a cost of $33,900. A polished black ceramic version is also available at $17,900.
Items will be available November 20 – January 3 at Barney’s Flagship stores in NYC, Chicago, Beverly Hills, San Francisco and Boston. With a few items available at Barneys.com prior to November 20th. I’ll be at the Barneys Flagship store on Madison Ave in NYC about 3:00 p.m On Wednesday December 18. I’ll let you know first hand what its like, For sure looking forward to it. (Information and source of most of this information is courtesy of the September 25, 2013 Edition of WWD-Merci Pour Le Tip)