Daily Archives: October 25, 2022
On the Streetz of Hawaii
Ja Rule and Ashanti. Aloha Tower Marketplace. Honolulu, Hawaii. 10/22/22
The Kicks and The Fashion
My friend and I got to the gig very early, so was able to check out the Kicks and Clothes. For the Kicks, Lots of Air Jordan 1’s, Yeezy’s, Converse, and a new brand for me-FAUX. On the clothing end, many T-shirts, both retro and with fun sayings on them, mega ripped jeans and a somewhat newer trend-The White Jean.
Let’s take a look at some of the Kicks and Clothes from the Ja Rule x Ashanti Concert on 10/22/22.
AJ1, Yeezy’s, Foamposite and some blk & wht coordinates
The White Jean Craze
KIcks on Feet and One in the Pocket
Not quite sure what was happening here, 2 shoes on feet and 1 extra shoe for the left side pocket. Hmmm…Interesting
And Here is the new brand for me-FAUX. They had some very nice glowing 3m on them
Ja Rule and Ashanti sang separately and together. Doing all of their hits. I personally liked Ja Rule Feat. Fat Joe and Jadakiss with New York, New York.
Before Ashanti sang her big solo hit she told a story. And it was a story I knew oh so very well. Ashanti talked about being in Hawaii 20 years ago. She was at a Meet and Greet that I organized at Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park (Now Wet n Wild Hawaii). It was a rather hot day, we did a very intimate Meet and Greet. We took pictures and fed our listeners and Ashanti and her crew to some delectable Hawaii plate lunches. It was a memorable moment for me, our listeners, Kai & Knute, our on-air personalities and Ashanti. It was really cool to hear her tell the story at the 10/22/22 concert.
And of course I liked the Ja Rule Feat. Ashanti with Always on Time after all these years, still knew all the words.
Thanks to Kona and Ray Jr. for the nice area to watch the concert. Side stage, very nice, very VIP. And Mahalo to @justkimo for the great pix and videos of the night.
Extra Videos for your viewing enjoyment. Live from Aloha Tower Marketplace on 10/222/22
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Top 45 Hottest Costumes for 2022
This is one year where last year and this year are more similar than usual. We’ve had big moments in pop culture this year, but seems our attention spans are draining. As soon as one thing happens another is upon us. Not giving enough time for a real trend. I guess the world is just speeding up closer to light speed than one would like.
At least we have a runaway Number One which is Anna Delvey or Anna Sorokin, IRL or Inventing Anna. You could even do a fun group costume incorporating her friends and foes.
This year will be another Friday thru Monday celebration, so best to be prepared with 2-3 costumes. We’ll see the latest from pop culture, but we’ll also see some retro nostalgia costumes and It’s gonna be quite a rager since its the first “real” Halloween since 2018. Be safe our there everyone.
Listed below are the top 40 costumes for 2022. Or for more ideas, see last years list here.
TOP 45 HOTTEST COSTUMES FOR 2022
- Anna Delvey
- Michael Meyers-New or Ol’ School. Beware: The new is pretty scary
- Stranger Things
- Black Panther (Wakanda Forever releases in November 2022)
- Bluey-Any character from this TV show. It’s the biggest 4-10 year olds show you may have never heard of
- She Hulk
- Maverick/Tom Cruise from Top Gun
- The Yellowjackets-Etsy has some nice H.S Letterman jackets for sale
- Kate & Anthony from Bridgerton
- King Charles & Camilla
- Stingy Jack from the Curse of Bridge hollow
- The Hocus Pocus Gal Pals
- Tim Gunn, Heidi Klum, Jeremy Scott & Nicole Ritchie
- Megan Thee Stallion
- Gabbie Cat and Friends
- Aaron Judge (Yankees number 99)
- Mabel Mora from Only Murders in the Building
- Harry Styles & Chris Pine
- Julia Roberts & George Clooney
- Dua Lipa
- The Cast of Euphoria
- Doja Cat
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker
- House of the Dragon
- Rings of Power
- Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck
- Kim Possible
- Wednesday Adams
- Kim Kardashian & Pete Davidson
- Kanye-Pre or Post meltdown. Pre probably the safer bet. Vogue just banned him and took his WLM pix off their site. (10/23/22)
- Ted Lasso
- The Chi
- Laurie Strode from Halloween Ends
- Dr. Strange
- The Mandalorian
- Elvis-It’s on alot of lists around the country, although the hype of the movie didn’t reach out here at all
- Derry Girls
- Licorice Pizza
- Squid Game-Yep the new season is almost here
- Harley Quinn
- Basquait & Andy Warhol
- Iggy Pop, Blondie, The Ramones, the Go-Go’s, Adam Ant, Culture Club, Lil’ Wayne, Deadmau5, Beyonce, Jay-Z, the Rolling Stones, The Who, Beatles, AC/DC, Michael Jackson and of course-BTS
See you on the Streetz…blog!