Monthly Archives: July 2021
Designer Brand Paris Etoile Pant S/S 2021
These pants contain MANY replicant Id’s from various brands. Including: Off-White, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Supreme, Unravel and Gucci. The pant features reflective 3M silver hits with Freddy Kreuger influenced scratches and an ode to David Bowie famous face triangles. Completing the look is a very complex oversized flo-orange zipper with skulls that glow underneath.
Pants were completely deconstructed at the seams to allow easier access. Underneath has Hits of reflective 3M silver and Glow in the Dark Skulls. Pants are slashed to have the underneath pop through. Includes jagged scissor cut at hem. The goal was to add as many brand names as I could find. Some tags are flown in from Korea, the unravel’s came with a pair of pants I purchased. And a couple other brand names came from a covid mask and a ladies hairband that I cut up.
If you need any help on how I made something. Just email me. The Big orange zipper was the most challenging. My sewing teacher was a great sport, super big help, but she still rolls her eyes when I mention the complex cosmic zipper. And yes, it really does work and the skulls do glow bright green. Makes the Black pant, Orange zipper and Green glow skulls come together quite pleasantly.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
House of Gucci-Trailer. Movie releases in November 2021
Power Packed with superstars: Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Salma Hayek and Al Pacino
Wow! Check out the transformations of the actors. Especially Adam Driver and Jared Leto. Talk about doing it Method. Looks like November can’t get here quick enough. Is that really Jared Leto? OMG!
See the trailer below and let us know who you think is the most outlandish of the group? Who’s got that style on point? The Most Glamorous? Or who transformed the most? Use the comments section or click on the Insta-Poll. See you at the movies!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Rick Owens x Converse x DRKSHDW 7/27/21
On the search for some good Olympic content centering around clothes, kicks, and headphones, I ran into a collab I somehow missed coming our way. The shoes appeared in my IG Live feed late last night/this morning. Releasing all day today 7/27/21. They’re already sold out on line, have some in store in Amsterdam and Italy. And at some good pricing on Stock X as of 8pm Tonight. I’m thinking pricing on these will go down a bit in the beginning, but in about a year should double. Since they’re sold out on the Converse site and the Rick Owens EU site. They should increase in price, but may be a good deal for the next few weeks.
When it comes to Rick Owens Collabs, they are kinda pricey but not nearly as pricey as the Rick Owens main line. So re-sale should stay around retail plus $30 for a bit. Then over time, the price will increase. The RO x Doc Martins are still within $30-$50 of retail, but there are some very nice Replicants out there, so be careful when purchasing the Doc x RO collab.The shoe that pretty much kicked off the latest 10 years of Streetwear is the Iconic Rick Owens Ramones. It is basically an oversized Black + White Converse Shoe. Made with exquisite Italian Calf-Skin leather with a crisp cool stainless steel zipper. Yes, it looked a bit weird when it first hit. But, quickly became the go to staple of the high-end 2011-2015 streetwear scene. I took a picture wearing a pair in the Barneys store back in 2012. You can see it here. Or same pic is below:
Since the Ramone was a blatant take on the OG Black and White Converse All-Star, it’s kinda strange that this collab brings us full circle. Rick making Dough for Converse. Converse making cheddar for Rick Owens. A bit Bizarre. Yet it’s happened … Today.
And little did we know, these were the exact same shoes as seen in the Rick Owens Runway show that the streetzblog reviewed here Just 5 months ago. I’m thinking Rick’s been listening to some Good Goth or Industrial Dance lately. These are More Goth than the Air Jordan x CDG @ DSM Collab and those were pretty Goth/S&M/Bondage themed.
As the Streetzblog continues to find a story or two in this years Tokyo Olympics, let’s take a look at the Converse x Rick Owens TURBODRK Chuck 70’s. They come in Hi-Top BlK and Low’s in WHT. Both with stacked sole and oversized tongue.
What do you think of them? Do you want a pair? Or gonna’ take a pass and wait for the next RO collab..we know we will get it sooner than later. Pretty sure they are already working on another RO x Converse iteration. BTW: There used to be some really DOPE Adidas x Rick Owens kicks at the RO store in Soho, NY. I know I shoulda bought a pair, but were about $300 8 years ago and that was just a bit too high at the time.
Converse x Rick Owens TURBODRK Chuck 70s High-Tops:
Converse x Rick Owens Chuck 70’s Lows:
Pix courtesy of Converse.com and various IG accounts.
What do you think? Turbo DRIP? Turbo Dunk? Turbo DRK? or Turbo Dork? Let us know in the comments section and LMK if you see any cool threads or kicks in or around the Olympics.
See you on the Streetz!
Tokyo Olympics XXX11 Tokyo, Japan 7/23/21
Been looking forward to Live blogging the Opening Ceremony since the last Olympics. Will catch as many teams as I can and show you what they’re wearing, a bit of editorial and some info on who designed which team.
Time for the Live Blog NOW!
TOP HIGHLIGHTS. JAPANESE SINGER MISIA DRESSED IN A BRIGHT RAINBOW COLORED DRESS BY TOMO KOIZUMI. TONGA’S TONGA PITA TAUTATAFUA ALL OILED UP. AND ITALY’S PAC-MAN MEGA MEME CLOTHING.
- GREECE: Two athletes. Nice shimmery pleated skirt. Plain blue suit on the man.
- IOC REFUGE TEAM: Boring-Corporate blue suits with blue ties and white masks. At least you could see their eyes smiling through their masks with joy. (11 different nations)
- Iceland: Wore their track suits to the ceremony. Had Hi-Tech masks ans some popping hair cuts. But tracksuits to a World-Wide Fashion show?
- Ireland: More sweat suits. Forest Green on top and blue on the bottoms. Look like they wanted to hook up their sponsor-Adidas during the Ceremony. The tops were actually kinda nice.
- Azerbaijan: Nice streetwear type side stripes on pants. With matching stripe on the suits. Kinda a bit disheveled like they already had their tailgate experience prior to the walk. LOL
- Afghanistan: Plain blue suits, white shirts and red ties and matching pocket square.
- United Arab Emirates: White on white on white.
- Algeria: Tailored dark blue suits with blue and white custom basks. Nice haircuts.
- Argentina: Well so far, we either have blue suits or tracksuits. They are stoked to be there! Here’s another team with blue blazers, white shirts and white pants. So far, pretty underwhelming for the fashionista.
- Aruba: Pretty fancy custom green and blue blazers with matching hats.
- BEFORE WE GO ON TO THE NEXT, I JUST NOTICED THEY ARE CALLING THIS THE 2020 OLYMPICS. Not sure what is up with that. It’s 2021. I guess a bizarre covid filled 2020-21 comes with the territory
- Armenia: More tracksuits. White zippered tops and blue baggy bottoms
- Angola: Look a bit like a classic doll purchased from the tourist store. Sorry bout that. W apologize ahead of time. But those big oversized ruffles on the shoulders. Fashion Police Alert.
- Antiqua and Barbuda: All their shirts were mismatched. Dark blue suiting with colorful striped ties.
- Andorra: 2 people just dressed in their own clothes. I think.
- Japanese Cheerleaders: Went for it. black and white fronts. Yellow backs and yellow hats. looks like they had fun designing these culture specific pieces of clothing. They are featured throughout the parade
- Yeman: Red track tops and blue track pants. Pretty basic. Man, are they moving fast now. Hard to keep up. And hey, why does Y come after the A’s?
- Israel: Hight tech tops, white pants and shorts. The best masks yet.
- Italy: Giorgio Armani designed white, red and green uni’s. Many on twitter saying its an ode to Pac-Man. “Eating up the competition” Definitely made a statement. Untypical Giorgio Armani, possible Armani Exchange influenced. Well, same person does it all. I suspect someone youthful or with a youthful spirit did these designs. One of the stand outs for sure. Oh, and nice Kicks. Tri-Colored. Wouldn’t mind getting a pair of them.
- Iraq: Tan pants. Adidas track jackets. Look a little lost?
- Iran: Classic cultural attire. Cheap disposable masks?!?!
- India: The ladies have: Pants with skirts on top. Men have nice Nehru jackets that are pretty dope with bold classic expensive looking Gold buttons.
- Indonesia: White suits with bright red shirts. red and white masks to match
- Uganda: a bit too much going on
- Ukraine: Sporty. High-Tech tops. Light blue shorts. The bright yellow fanny packs are a nice touch. When worn around the neck not the waist.
- Uzbekistan: Interesting green and white jackets. White shirts, pants and white sox.
- Uruguay: Ok, I’m running low on fumes now. With more track suits. Seems to be the theme for this year
- Great Britain: Ahhh. They upped the game on the tracksuit. I’m liking the red and white pinstripes on the jacket sleeves. If you’re gonna go track suit here’s how it’s done. Matching belts too. Mostly blue masks with one lady wearing 2-3 odd masks
- U.S Virgin Islands: BBI 50 meter free. One person I think. Went by really quickly
- They’re going too fast now. And so much negativity from the announcers and jocks about how there arent anyone there to watch them. Too much complaining. We will keep it as positive as we can going forward. But…
- Netherlands: Nice pin striped with orange suit jackets. I’d rock these
- Ghana: Signing, happy and proud to be there.
- Cape Verde:
- Kazakhstan: More blue suits. But some nice bold white stripes.
- Qatar: White on white on white.
- Canada: Bright red Satin jackets..hmm interesting.
- Gabon: Plain track jackets and pants. Once again more Adidas. Wonder where Nike is at?
- Cameroon: Colorful. Funny brown bags
- North Macedonia:
- Cyprus: There’s Nike. Bright blue Polo shirts. Boring.
- Cuba: Nice jackets, should make it a suit. the pants are silly
- Kiribati: Blue shorts and blue T shirts with pink flowers. hmmm
- Kyrgystan: Pretty slick looking long Nehru jackets with classy patterns on top. I like these. Cool hats too. Very Exquisite. The announcer said they Turned it Out..which they did. Ranks top 3 so far.
- Guatemala: Khaki pants (ugh) and blue jackets white hats
- Guam: Aloha shirts and black pants. Look like they work for Hawaiian Airlines.
- Kuwait: White on white on white again.
- Cook Islands: Fun attire. nice patterns. Fancy hats. Shell Lei. Earrings. They had fun putting together their clothing
- Grenada: Track suits with fluorescent flair. Colorful masks
- Croatia: Red dresses like towels? strangely cut. Nice attempt. Almost, just not quite right
- Cayman Islands: Their own clothes
- Kenya: Ok so here’s some FLAIR. Plaid dresses and shirts in bright red and blue. I like these uniforms. Nicely Done!
- Cote D’Ivoire: Cool greens and oranges. Nice color-way for the show + for some kicks
- Costa Rica: Militaristic jackets white pants, pinstripe button down shirts
- Kosovo: More track suits
- Comoros: Robes in gold
- Saudi Arabia: Aah this is the Japanese alphabet, that’s why things seem out of order. Yet they are in order in Japan.
- Sao tome and Pricipe: Flow Green. Not sure where this is. I think I heard the announcer say he didn’t know either..
- Zambia: Green and Orange. Go nice together.
- San Marino: Suits
- Russia or Roc: Men: Suits. Women: Rad Robes with a bit of Japanese flair
- Sierra Leone: Blue and green leaf jackets. Matching masks that are very nice
- Jamaica: Puma in the house. Look like they are here to win track and field. No messing around. Eye of the Tiger/Winner.
- Georgia: Oversized jackets. Interesting look
- Syria: Only 6 people. Grey pants. Polo shirts.
- Singapore: Khaki pants (ugh again) blue ties, blue masks, red blazers. I do not like Khaki pants, here, nor there, or anywhere. Save them for the State Farm Commercials.
- Switzerland: Muted red dirt. Interesting color-way
- Sweden: Women: Yellow on Yellow on Yellow. Men are blue on blue on blue
- Sudan: Traditional clothing
- Spain: Not sure what to say? Cropped white jackets
- Sri Lanka: Blue skirts on men and women
- Slovenia: Luka’s team. Went by too fast to see what they were wearing
- Seychelles: Aloha wear
- Senegal: Bright blue. White scarfs. Disposable masks
- Serbia: Pretty sporty. Big cute stripes
- Saint Vincent: Tie-Dye. Wow
- Saint Lucia: A lot going on
- Somalia: Contrasting prints. Kinda cool
- Solomon Islands: Very very nice aloha wear. Dark blue and bright Green. Nice job
- Thailand: Greyish suit tops
- South Korea: Muted Moss Green blazers are quite nice. Great color scheme. I would wear these jackets. Should have gone with matching pants, drop crotch to add some more style points. Had the same old White pants as so many others. With white masks and hats to match.
- Chinese Taipei: Went by too fast
- Tanzania: 3 dressed in their own clothes
- Czech Republic: Polka Dot vests. more white pants. Matching fans. Plain white masks
- Chad: 2 Judo athletes
- China:Red Blazers. Red and yellow masks. Got their mask game on! Some flowery skirts that look on point
- Tunisia: Announcer talking a lot of politics. Ugh. Blue suits.
- Chile: Well this is more than I thought. I may or may not last til the end.
- Denmark: I didn’t see them
- Germany: Adidas tech vests. Now this is different.
- Togo: Bright bright yellow pants
- Dominican Rep: Look a bit like USA in the 1920s
- Turkmenistan: Bright Green jackets. Pants are very modern. I like the pants
- Turkey: White on white with bold red trip and their shoes look petty keen. Red and white.
- Tonga: Show stopper. Flag bearing Oiled man. Takes the show. Gotta be the show stopper for these games.
- Nigeria: Ok? boring
- I’m almost done. computer is slowing down too
- Niger: Hard to see they are interviewing Lilly King and can barely see the clothes
- Nepal: Maroon jackets. White shirts.
- Norway: Look like they are from Norway. Some very sunburned
- Bahrain: Traditional and a bit of Gold Bling. Wonder if it’s real?
- USA: Ralph Lauren Keeps it OG with traditional Navy pants and jacket. Horizontal Striped shirt and custom face masks. I bet this is RLs last Olympics. Gonna Be Off White or Louis V next time around. USA looks very dated and corporate like they didn’t want to try something fun or festive. They are patriotic.
- Papua New Guinea:
- Bermuda: Dope pink Bermuda shorts with matching masks. Good job
- Paraguay: Festive fun stylish shirts. Look hand painted. Great look and on trend
- Hungary: Not really sure they cut them off for a commercia
- Finland: Boring
- Puerto Rico: Red White and blue. A bit Old School
- Brazil: Aloha wear. Seems to be a theme this year.
- Burkina Faso: Nice stripes
- American Samoa: Polynesian wear. Looks High level designer brand
- Virgin Islands:
- Vietnam: Grey pants. Some very nice sleek slick red material for their jackets.
- Benin: Colorful pink aqua and blue
- Belarus: Flight attendants. Oh well
- Belize: Khaki AGAIN! Argh
- Belgium: Wow they went all out on the womens clothign. Bright red with Tokyo written on them. a tad of Steet-vibe
- Poland: Not sure what to think
- Bolivia: Looks like Tommy Hilfiger
- Portugal: They are quite excited. Nice Kicks! actually very nice kicks.
- Hong Kong: Like US going normcore
- Marshall Islands:
- Mali: Chic Bold Robes
- Malaysia: Colorful
- Micronesia: Flight attendants x Aloha Wear
- South Africa: Eclectic Aloha Wear with matching masks
- South Sudan:
- Mauritius: Cropped blue suits. Generica disposable masks
- Mozambique: Trippy pants
- Monaco: Corporate look like Monaco
- Morocco: Ready to rock it out on Christmas
- Mongolia: Interlocutor gold patterns
- Jordan: Expensive looking
- Latvia: Silver metallic. interesting. with grey masks. And some sort of plastic Jacket?
- Romania: Team Romania printed on high tech shirts. Looks a bit 1980s x 2021
- Luxembourg: The best metallic silver jackets of the event. The metallic blasted all the colors of the rainbow
Kenya was top 3. And their Kits are Just as Dope. I’m digging the 3D effect! Might need to cheer for this team.. Or get a jersey if its possible?
See you on the Streetz!
After 9 Years SHM is back with a new Tune and Teaser video. I do like the Teaser Video, but not so sure about the new song? May need to hear it a few more times. What do you think of it? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Haute Couture F/W 2021-22 July 7, 2021
Balenciaga at 10 Avenue Georges V
The Major hype surrounding this show was who attending it and what were they wearing! Especially what was Kanye up to? He had on that funky YZYGAP round puffer jacket in the color black-the same one that was on sale for a few hundred bucks in bright sky blue a few weeks ago. It looked a bit better in black, but still has no zipper or buttons to keep you warm. Then he had his entire face covered with a mask. And to top it off, he wore Adidas Yeezy’s (Foam RNNR’s) with NIKE socks, totally freaking out most snearkerheads. Also in attendance were: James Harden who is now on the board at Saks 5th Avenue. Lil Baby. And a few others listed below.
- Kanye West
- James Harden
- Lil Baby
- Anna Wintour
- Bella Hadid
- Lewis Hamilton-Formula One Driver
Here’s two vids of the celebs arriving. Giving you a feel of the hype surrounding this special Balenciaga Couture Runway Show. Kanye West made a very impressive entrance.
Lil Baby and James Harden had a bit of a run-in with the Paris police a bit later in the night after the show. Something about some funky smells in and around their town car. They seem to be doing alright now.
This was the first Balenciaga Haute Couture Show since 1967. Talk about pressure for the former co-founder of Vetements – Demna Gvasalia. Who took the helm of Creative Director in 2015 succeeding Alexander Wang.
I’m not sure how the show could reach expectations set at such a high level, 50+ years since the last couture show of an amazing brand with such a high pedigree of excellence. Luckily the the success of the Balenciaga sock runner and Triple S sneakers, along with many of the NBA rocking the Balenciaga brand across their chest, made this show right in time with the times. A perfect storm moment to bring back Couture at Balanciaga.
As you’ll notice, some of it is quite wearable and some mostly for the show and art of the day. Especially those domed mushroom hats. They are quite extravagant, but unless you’re going to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, very unwearable.
There is NO music in the Runway show, an ode to the 1950’s + 60’s when Cristobal Balanciaga wanted the clothes to do the talking, walking and rocking. In 2021 it gave us an eerie/scary vibe, some coughs and weird crunching of the clothing. I would have MUCH preferred a Techno + Lounge + a bit of Industrial dance soundtrack. Maybe next time? One could hope!
The clothes featured giant, exaggerated tailoring. Oversized Suits and Bathrobes. Extra Wide shoulders. Faux Fur. Precise and obscure cuts of clothing. Along with a multitude of slicked hair, Coolio cornrows, Tom Cruise eye masks and a sleek black mushroom shaped chapeau pour votre tete.
Could have had more black outfits. But Demna likes his bright yellows, pinks and greens. There’s a bit of underground Vetements humor in the collection, but a bit more classic Balanciaga. Although the long + elongated black suits are probable a bit more Vetements. They are cut nice, but wearing one of those suits to a dinner event would make it hard to eat without getting sauce on your clothes. And some cuts too large and obtruce, they reminded me a bit of a child wearing their moms or dads shoes or clothes.
Having the Kanye hype helped and all in all quite: Fierce and French. A Gothic Paradise, not quite, maybe a Haute Couture version of a Goth in Paris? It was quite an endeavor to take on and do as well as was done. A grande tribute to the past and present it was. Enjoy with a couple bottles of Veuve Clicquot and some macarons and you’ll be good to go!
Demna Gvasalia summed up the day with this quote:
We cannot only look into the future. We have to look into the past to see where we’re going,” he said. “Clothes have a psychological impact on me. I realized they make me happy—and I realized that’s the purpose of fashion. It’s not about the frenzy and buzz—and the white noise, I call it, of the digital mayhem we’re living through. The essence of it is my passion and the tools. I realized that couture is the best way to manifest it. And this is what really turns me on.”Demna Gvasalia
See Rotersand’s OG Gothic Paradise video prepared by Sniper Wells below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
AFTERWORLD: The Age of Tomorrow. Balenciaga Fall 2021
As we emerge from our cocoons of 2020 we’ll find some things the same yet many changed. Some futuristic, a bit of retro-vintage, Rave culture, maybe a bit of the Roaring 20s. This video filmed as a video game shows many of the trends to expect as we emerge from home bound to a combo of home and outta bound.
The more you watch this video the more you’ll see. Here are a few of the key takeaways:
- Your Avatar image melding into your Real Image of yourself. We’ll see people on the streetz looking more and more like their Zombie killer, Prince and Princess, Farmer, Cyber-Punk video game avatar. The imagined becomes real very quickly.
- Functional Tech-Wear: Less about showing off the features. But building in the sweat wicking, multi pocket, rain resistant clothing. The incorporation of the tech without showing it off.
- 90’s Rave Culture, as see in one of the Zones on the video. Neon Greens, Pinks and Orange. Mixed in with sombre blacks. Its either gonna be a 90s Rave, a 1960’s Psychedelic experience or a Roaring 20’s kind of year for some. Especially for the 16-30 year olds.
- Virtual Reality + Real Reality with a touch of Augmented Reality melding into ONE. Goes a bit back to the Avatar mentioned above. And Richard Branson going to space. Things will move, meld, change from the unreal life to the real faster than anyone could ever Imagine.
You’re sure to find even more hidden gems inf the Vid. Check out the Balenciaga Video Game Runway show below and let us know the trends you see in the comments section below. See you on the the Real Streetz…very soon!
Jacuemus: Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway Show
The Jacquemus Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway show takes you on a colorful ride through a Teletubby land filled with Bright Orange, Florescent Pink, Bold yet Light Blue and some nice requisite deep dark monochromatic black. Complete with both menswear and womenswear rocked by super models including Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid.
From the Mountains to the cover of Vogue to the Athleisure bondage bedroom. Jacquemus takes you on a journey thru a multitude of colorful clothing and beautiful people. Giving us a look into the post pandemic Summer of Love Candy Land filled with non-stop Parties.
France’s Simon Porte Jacquemus coed collection can be seen below and pre-purchased now (7/2/21) on their website. Utilizing the pre-order formula, made to take care of the environment while maximizing profits. Just Like Travis Scott and McDonald’s did with their “streetwear” collection.
See the Highlights and the Lowlights and the Video of the full show below:
- Bright Orange and Bright Pink-Love that color combo
- Faux Green Lawn & Faux Blue Sky ala 1990’s Teletubbies TV show
- Shag haircuts + Corn Rows
- Zip upon Zipper Layering-Pretty Dope Effect
- The clean flow + fit of the thin fluescent fabrics
- Athleisure Bondage Vibe
- Tinie Tiny Purses + Big Bold Colorful Backpacks
- The Risque Sexy Ibizaesque Women’s Tops-Bound to sell-out
- Vibrant Colors taking us to into the Summer of Love Post Pandemic Party
- Baggy Brown Cowboy Pants
- Pink Skull cap hood like hat
- Flip-Flop cap ala Underdog
- Thick brown long skirt
- Men’s too tight black and grey striped and orange biker shorts
- Too many different themes
What do you think of the Runway Show? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!