Monthly Archives: February 2021
Really? or Really!
Authentiqute by eBay brings us a candle made to smell like brand new Kicks. Is this a really! or a really? Depends on who you are. Sounds like a 1994 Radio stunt done with candles. But they are serious and have really made this candle to smell like some brand new sneakers. And are selling it.
This is Really! or Really? what they have done! Here is what Authentique mentions their candle smells like:
- Warm Pebbled Leather
- EVA Foam
- Cotton Blossom
And just like the Hottest sneakers, the candle if of course very limited. Unlike the newest J’s, it’s pretty inexpensive at $25. But probably already re-selling for $100+ What do you think of this? A must purchase or a Did they really do this? I guess if you were doing a Hypebeast themed party, it would be a fun scent to burn. A new car or new pair of kicks do smell good. But a room filled with glue and foam..Hmmmm I’m 50/50 on this one. And will just do Nag Champa for now. I could use the $25 for some food.
I suspect they are all sold out, but if you want to see the site where they are or were for sale, here is the link And below is the promo video:
After reading and writing about this, I’m headed to the basketball court to donate another pair of kicks for those in need. Will be dropping off a pair of triple carbon worn once Adidas Boosts. Crawford Park 2/15/21 2:00pm.
What else could we make a candle smell like:
- A new car-Obvious and a choice similar to this scent
- Fresh Snow or Rain-Rain I’ve seen. Snow could be a fun one. Or maybe Mountain Climbing.
- Bloomingdale’s-Ahh to bring back the air-conditioned air of crisp, clean clothes and shopping IRL
- Nag Champa-but you can just get some incense to do this
- The Bodega-Salami, Pastrami, Chopped Cheese with a touch of coffee, infused with essence of the carrot juice
- The Big Black Magic Markers of the 1970’s. Good way to get everyone high at your next party. Those markers were Potent!
- Chanel Nail Polish-similar to the Big Black Magic marker, but more luxurious
- Little Italy NYC-Pizza, Pasta, and the sweet scent of the Cannoli filling with a touch of powdered sugar
For some the scent of a crisp, clean pair of kicks is a wondrous moment for others more of a WTF instance. Either way, I bet this candle is Sold-Out by the time you read this blog post.
Promotional Idea: Have your readers/listeners/follower give you 5 of their favorite ingredients they would like to see in a fragrant candle. Then choose the most delicious or most creative. And have 100 of them made. Give the winner a couple and sell the rest on your website in the Limited Edition 1-100. Makes for a fun promo and a couple extra bucks in your pocket.
What do you think of the Sneaker candle? What Scent would you like to see made into a candle? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
We tend to stay close to the street, checking out new shoes, clothes and trends & taking care of the Street Meat Market Atelier on the Streetz…blog. And forget to show and post some of the color filled fun in the Sun. Here’s some pix from Kokoloio Beach Park. Saturday 2/6/21 during Super Bowl weekend. I stayed the day, others camped the night. Maybe next time, I’ll be more adventurous and give the tent a try. Enjoy the scenic waves, colorful water, billowy-sweeping trees, deep-cushy sand and bright blue skies from the North Shore of Oahu.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dope Music, Fluid Flow, & Comfy Clothes
Helmut Lang Runway Spring/Summer 2020
Spacious, Stark blanc en blanc room with pops of colored clothing…fluidly floating thru Time and Space. The Helmut Lang Runway show for the Spring/Summer 2020 season provides a nicely mixed soundtrack of techno tracks, with models perfectly choreographed to flow through the intersections of time and space provided.
Giving us high end luxury clothing that looks super comfortable to wear indoors and out. For both Women and Men. Trust me, Helmut Lang clothes are well constructed, made of high end fabrics, sewed to perfection. Flawless execution of fabrication deluxe. Below are the Highlights and Lowlights of the Helmut Lang Runway Show.
- The Music. Flow of it. Techno pulse of it. Vibe of it, to fit the Venue
- The multi pocketed Olive green cropped jackets
- The Comfy, Fluid, feel of the clothing. It all felt just so comfortable. Flowing, Swirling, thru the cross Trafficked runway
- The Army Green/Olive colors
- Use of straps (Both Men’s and Women’s)
- Silver on White
- Blanc en Blanc setting. Let the clothes do the walking and talking
- Bright Yellow. Yep, Even I liked the Color yellow popping through the stark white background
- The Light Green Men’s Suit
- Bright Yellow + Neon Pink Women’s dresses
- The Helmut Lang Quality of the Clothing
- Too much of the color White
- Not enough of the color Black. (Most of the best HL clothes are black or at least Gun Metal/Nickel colored)
- Da Vinyl clothing
- Beige/Brown. Two of the worst clothing colors other than White and Aqua
- The Faded blue Jeans Jacket and Pants. Just did not fit the rest of the higher end line of the Brand
Y-3, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Daniel Patrick and Chapter are streetzblog favorites featuring mostly darker shades of clothing, solidly made tailoring, to wear for many years to come. Over the last 3 years, Helmut Lang has become a go to favorite along the same lines as the brands listed above.
In December 2018, I had finished up a lunch with my friend at a super-good vegan joint near Union Square, NYC. I figured I’d head to Soho on Foot. Was a lot longer and colder than I expected. But, I landed at the Helmut Lang Sample sale. I do LOVE a good sample sale. And this was Perf for me. Almost the entire selection was my all time Favorite color-Black!
I was in that sample sale for like 2 hours. Trying on things, snagging & swooping upon shirts and pants as soon as someone put them back, and putting some back myself as I was on a Bit of a budget. Socializing, touching and feeling each and every piece of these high end quality items. And waiting for an XL or even a L to appear in the Hoodie section. I ended up with 5 items: Black Calf Skin Luxe-Life Kicks, Perfectly tailored Shorts, One T shirt and a pair of Gaberdine Trousers with crisp cool exquisite buttons on the bottoms of the legs. All at 70-80% off retail. Hanging out and purchasing these items, I became an instant fan of the Brand.
Here’s a picture of the Helmut Lang Luxe-Life Kicks. Super comfortable in the color black…of course:
Recently (January 2021) before going on my 90 day no shoes no clothes purchasing cleanse. In January 2021, I re-found Helmut Lang during their Surplus Sale. Was just like a NY Sample sale, yet on line. Not quite as much fun, no hanging with people, no touching the fabrics, no trying on clothes and shoes. But I did know the quality would be there. Scored some pretty dope pieces yet again. A long Sleeve Army Green Modal Cotton (The kind of cotton that is smooth and silky on the skin) A really nice pair of 3m striped pants (Black with silver stripe), a pair of Gun Metal Colored shorts similar to the sample sale, just a bit more fitting and of course a T shirt. Budget was under $225, retail was over $1050. SCORE!
Here’s the Helmut Lang F/W 2020 Pants with Silver 3M Stripe:
I’ve got my eyes on the New Helmut Strap joggers and the Strap knee length shorts. Hope they have enough stock for a sample or surplus sale on these 2 items. Maybe in May. And Maybe in May, we can shop in store again? Hope, the in-store experience comes back sooner than later. I really cant go anywhere nowadays, I like to touch the materials too much, and peruse for way longer than the usual customer. Thus, it’s way too risky of an endeavor for me in March 2020 thru May? 2021.
If you want to see the new goods or the current sale, check Helmut Lang out right here
See you on the Streetz…blog!