Monthly Archives: March 2018
The Newest Streetzblog Creation
The AHOLA Shirt-Pro Bowl Edition F/W 2018-19
I needed a slight break in the action of Non Stop creations from Scratch. So, took an old plaid shirt from Target and a pretty new Pro Bowl Aloha shirt, combined the 2 and created the AHOLA Shirt. Over time it will Morph & Fray, which will give it even more Flavor. This side project took about 15 hours to complete. 3/7/18
For some reason, I thought this would take a couple of hours to complete. But it’s a bit more intricate. Here’s the process:
- Draw shapes on the front with Pink or Light Blue Pencil
- Cut out the Aloha print fabric to fit, pin on front if you have time. You can skip pinning on the front, but I like to do it, to see how it will look
- Then take each piece off the front and carefully pin to the inside. This is actually the most important step. You need to pin each piece in place with many pins. If you’re lazy on this step, you will end up with an ugly pinched up shirt. Take your time and pin each piece precisely
- Sew each piece on the inside of the shirt. Do the Back First, then the front then the sleeves
- The Reveal! This is my favorite part. Be very careful, pinch fabric on the front and make a very small hole. Then take some really sharp small scissors and cut the shapes out
- Pro Tip: On the Sleeves, I carefully cut out slits. THEN sew lines thorugh the area, so that it will only fray in certain areas. This is also fun to do. And will give your creation some expensive looking frays as it morphs through each wash and wear.
- Press Shirt and Wear it on Aloha Friday
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Y-3 Spring/Summer 2018 Runway Show
Y-3 is Slammin’ the Jams on the Spring/Summer 2018 Runway! Here’s the Highlights:
Simple yet Sweet Stacked Logo items-Jackets, shorts, shirts, socks & backpacks
Lots of Black & White
Lots of Luxe-Life Kicks fixes! The Hi-Top Bashyo, Boosted Kusari & Boosted Saikou. Style and comfort. Elevated Next Level Shizzems
Solid Confidence on the Runway gives you & me EXTRA Swagger on the Streetz
The BASHYO with stacked logo in Black, White and Red. Immediately raises your Clout Level. On the Street, in the Office, at the Club
Tailored Baggy Silhouettes = More Comfort on the Black-Top or in the Board-Room
Energetic, Youthful, Fierce, Solid, Swagger
On Trend-Wear Y-3 Bold or Understated. The Choice is Yours
Available now (3/18/18) Here
Yohji Yamamoto Fall/Winter 2018-19
Paris Fashion Week: March 2, 2018
One of my goals is to make it to NY Fashion week. After seeing the Paris shows in Feb/Mar 2018, I’m thinking a better goal is to make it to Paris Fashion week. This show is from the Paris portion of the Feb/Mar Quad Fashion Foray. New York, London, Milan & Paris. And it is Exquisite. Yes, Paris is the goal! Or as YY calls it on the IG post: the Cite de la Mode
Only doing Highlights today. The show doesn’t really have any low-lights other than the color brown…LOL I’ll stick with the 2018 easy to read, super-quick attention span style of writing with the fun fonts, colors, bolding etc.
Flowing, Graceful, & Peaceful
Color Palette: Black, Dark Grey, A Bit of White and some Brown
A bit of Bowie influence on the Make-Up side of things. Rectangles over one eye
Asymmetric, Bulky-Fluidity, Moving like a slowed down silent movie
Classic, Yet a la mode, On-trend, Traditional YY
Comfy Kicks in Highs and Lows-Extra Nice Boots, Cool Tennies in Black and White
Did I say lots and lots of the color Black! YAH!!
Check out the crowd, it’s like they’re frozen in time, in a trance like state! I don’t think I saw a single person move the whole show. Amazing. And by the looks of the crowd, seems like they took their iPhones from them before the show? Maybe?