Monthly Archives: February 2017
STAMPD 2017 Fall/Winter Runway Show
LA based brand STAMPD brought their A game to Men’s NY Fashion Week in February 2017. The Show entitled Asphalt Wave saw the STAMPD brand bring us a very nice silver bomber, a hint of electric color with the Yellow Hoodie and a bit of a 90’s retro look to the black plaid Shirt/Black Jacket and pants.
STAMPD brought us some of the best bomber jackets of 2015 with the various renditions of the Strapped jacket. The Silver jacket keeps them in the forefront of the 3 or more year trend of the bomber.
And staying true to their roots, kept a lot of the collection with their Black & White color palette. And looks like the cropped pants will continue into late 2017, maybe even 2018 from this show and others seen at the latest Men’s NY Fashion Week. The trend I’m noticing most is a higher crop, with more bulk to the legs.
Keeping to STAMPD’s street vibe, they didn’t do the traditional Runway show. Instead the dudes stood like mannequins on the floor and the attendees could walk around them to check out the new threads.
A bit of Graff and various textures and exotic materials added some newness to the STAMPD aesthetic.
And similar to the STAMPD/Daniel Patrick/Kanye West collections, kept the Nomadic Pre Apocalyptic street look going with this oversized layered grey piece. Probably my favorite look of the collection.
- As I see the title, I imagine skateboarding through the streetz of LA. With the title giving a nod to skate culture of the 90’s. Yet, the collection isn’t all 90’s so there’s most likely double meaning to the title. Asphalt gives a skater a much smoother glide than concrete. Yet waves can be smooth or pretty tumultuous. Looking way too much into the title. Maybe Chris Stamp is looking towards a hopeful Smooth 2017 with already known possibility of havoc on the way.
- Various sites on the web are giving Asphalt Wave gives reference to the Rap and Hip Hop vibe of the 00’s.
- Other sites mention the 90’s & the 00’s time periods.
- Or maybe, it just sounds cool and looks rad in gothic scripted Ink on various sleeves of black long sleeve shirts and trenches.
- Just one day (2/6/17) after I wrote this blog. STAMPD posted this information on what Asphalt Wave means on their IG. They must have been reading Streetzblog!
Fans of the brand and Celebs in Attendance
Fans of the STAMPD brand include: Kanye West, Nick Jonas, Usher, Justin Beiber, Will.i.am and Meek Mill.
Public School’s Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne, Hip Hop’s Ja Rule and Fabolous were all at the show.
See you on the Asphalt Streetz!