Daily Archives: July 3, 2016
Farmers Market-Pearlridge (Aiea, Hawaii)
Taking advantage of a 3-day weekend. I woke up super early Saturday July 2nd 2016 and attended the Farmer’s Market in the Pearlridge Mall’s parking lot in Aiea, Hawaii. I set out to get some healthy food, some nice pictures for the blog and have a bit of what I would call Tourist Fun.
You may go to the Farmer’s Market weekly or daily, Me, I shop mostly at Walmart or Foodland for my food. But been attempting to eat more fruit lately and share more about the island where I live on the Streetzblog. So, that’s why I call this a touristy thing. I’ve never really shopped at a Farmers Market before. I walk through a small one on the way to work every Tuesday and Friday, but never even stop to see or buy any of it.
The experience was pretty fun. Lots of things were $2-$3 and as an added bonus I got to try some Bacon Jam!
A few tips I learned:
- Have a budget it mind and stick to it. As you will see I didn’t make it home with too much, yet spent $100.
- Buy the fruit and vegetables. Buy the fun Breakfast food, Thai Food or Poke bowls on your tourist day or only on special occasion. The food is good, but a bit pricey. Not $2-$3. My breakfast sandwich was quite yummy but cost $15. Plus a Coffee $5 Plus a Lemonade $5. That’s $25 in 5 minutes. This is just a tip, not something I would do, the breakfast sandwich was delish, the coffee was cold brewed so it kept me awake for days and the lemonade with Pineapple Li Ling Mui was quite refreshing and I saved it for my dinner. Bonus Tip: Ask for extra ice for the coffee and the Lemonade, the Hawaii weather melts the ice in like 2 seconds.
- Buy from the first stand on the right. Almost everything in it is $2-$3. And make sure you get the Sugar Candy Banana’s. They are very sweet and healthy at the same time. Wow!
- Get there early. Like when they first open at 8:30am. Things go quick and the heat from the parking lot can become unbearable after 10:30am.
- Get the dragon fruit. Because it looks so colorful. And I expect it tastes good, but have yet to figure out what to do with it. Gonna’ Google it first, before cutting it up.
- Have fun! Play Tourist. Take pictures. Enjoy the moment. Hey-I just might check out another one of these things next weekend.
Here’s more of the experience in pictures! If you celebrate 4th of July, Have a Happy Independance Day 2016. And don’t forget the fruit with your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. See you on the Streetz!
I can’t leave you without showing my shoes and a very cute picture of Adalyn. Along with the sliced up and already eaten Mango. BTW: The mango was even better than the Banana’s. Tasted extra sweet after putting it in the Fridge for a couple hours. I never knew Fruit could taste so Good! OMG!!!
My Haul for the Day, Along with my cat Squirley checking out what’s for lunch!