Daily Archives: September 10, 2015
The Crystal Ball version of NYFW September 2015
- DKNY: Public School’s Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne are set to show us their first collection for the iconic New York’s own DKNY Brand. Personally, this is a match made in Ultra-Heaven. DKNY was 1 of my favorite brands in the 90’s with their sleek black and maroon/black iridescent suits, black and white color palette. And Public School is my favorite fashion flavor in September 2015. They also use mostly Black and white colors, thus, these clothes will Rock! With the 90’s back in full force in advertising, TV shows, Music and of course Fashion. This could be the best show to watch then wear the clothes. Look for the Black and White color palette and I’m guessing some Flo-Green, Flo-Yellow, and some bright silver mixed in the accenting. This will push the 1990’s vibe even further into 2015!
- Caitlyn Jenner: Big rumour all over the net is not if Caitlyn will show up, but where and what brand will get the publicity? Zac Posen, Diane Von Furstenberg, Givenchy or even Hood by Air? We just need to wait and see. Who do you think it will be?
- Alexander Wang: With his Retirement from Balenciaga, the industry says the pressure is on him for his own Wang Brand. I’d say, What Pressure? His designs for both males and females is always clean, cool and spot on. This will be a home run for both sexes. Look for some nice black clothes with a fantastic, futuristic vibe for both men and women. (At least I hope he has some men’s clothes). And don’t miss Alexander Wang’s re-issue’s of his runway collections on sale at 103 Grand St.
- The IRL Venue and the Virtual Venues: Fashion Week is no longer at Lincoln Center this year. The main shows will be at Skylight at Moynihan Station on West 33rd and Skylight Clarkson in SoHo. It will also have a live stream on giant screens on 14th Street and there is a New York Fashion Week App that will live stream the WME and IMG shows.
- Tech Giant Intel Sponsorship: Amongst other things, look for the flying drones and memory mirrors. As you can guess, this will be the most high tech #NYFW ever. Well, until the next NYFW.
- Shopping: If you’re lucky enough to be in NY September 10-17, 2015, there’s some pretty nifty shpping to be done. Dover Street Market is having an Open house Party Thursdya from 6p-8p with some exclusive DSM x Converse Kicks. this time they come in a pale electric pink (you need to see the color to know what I mean…LOL) tip, with zig-zag futuristic blue on black high tops. The picture I saw did look nice. Refinery 29 will have 29 rooms of fun and frivolity. 15 Huron St. in Brooklyn. And check this out! My Downtown-Chinatown Honolulu neighbors-FLUX Hawaii have a week long pop up shop at Kinfolk 90 project Space and Lounge. Located at 90 Wythe Ave. in Brooklyn. If you go, tell em’ you heard about it on Streetzblog in HI. I took a class a couple of years ago from them at UH. The class was fun and they usually have lots of great SWAG.
Check back here later this week or next on the high and low lights that really did happen. For now, it’s all in our speculative imagination. See you on the Streetz of Honolulu, Hawaii this week and weekend.