Monthly Archives: September 2015
Vibrant Subway Style
The Hype is heating up for the Balmain x H&M collection. The September 12 Balmain x H&M Update wasn’t too long ago, when we received a great glimpse of the Men’s collection. Now we have some of the looks shot by famed fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti. As seen on some pretty hot models/celebrities including Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Jourdan Dunn, Dudley O’Shaughnessy and Hau Yun Xiang.
When you love the Balmain world, you love the models that are part of it too. Kendall, Gigi, and Jorudan are my friends , and they are the perfect choice to star in the Balmain x H&M campaign. Olivier Rousteing, Creative Director of Balmain Paris.
The Balmain x H&M collection releases in store and on-line on Thursday November 5th. Time to start saving some $$. I’m expecting some good deals because it’s with H&M, but Balmain is typically pretty pricey designer swag. Check back with Streetzblog, We’ll continue to cover the updates and will be there in line live tweeting on November 5th. Might even try some perescoping If I’m awake enough.
See you on the Streetz!
Wiz Khalifa Live in Concert-Tuesday September 22, 2015 Neal Blaisdell Arena. Honolulu, Hawaii
I know Ya’ll got some things Ya’ll wanna be out there. Life’s a race, you gotta keep your pace. You heard..Unh. Wiz Khalifa 9/22/15
After socializing on the concourse for about an hour, we went in to the Blaisdell, found a perfect middle section seat and the concert began. Wiz sang, rapped, told us some nice words about life and danced groovingly through a fun and festive show. Complete with a band, DJ, custom backdrop and some sweet lazer lights in Blue, Green, and Red.
I had a fun night and would recommend seeing Wiz if he comes to your town. He’s very happy on stage, is genuinely appreciative of life, has a positive vibe and puts on a solid SHOW!
Dressed to Thrill and Chill
Wiz wore all white including his shirt, pants, kicks and circular Man from U.N.K.L.E inspired specs. About half way through the show he took off his shirt so we could see his many tats. He’s pretty skinny and could barely keep his pants from slipping off. Wiz definitely had fun on stage and it was cool to watch him move and groove to his tunes. The chill part was the air all up in the Blaisdell Arena. Wow! or Whoa! I left a bit light-headed and couldn’t sleep until 3:30 am. Maybe it was just the adrenaline or the antibiotics I was on.
Nice Compliments to the Crowd prior to I work Hard
This was one of my favorite in between songs talk to the crowd moment. Before singing about how hard most of us work, Wiz told us all we were WINNERS! I appreciate everyone for being here tonight. You spent your money on Gas, You spent your money on a ticket (Yes I did), You take the time to be here. You deserve to be here, You deserve to FkN Win! Don’t let anyone tell you different, you’re a WINNER. Front or back of the show, all my WINNERS all up in this B**tch.
I do for sure work hard and it was nice of him to acknowledge us. Nice to be noticed. Another time in the show he spotted many of the people all decked out in Pirates Snapbacks, Jordan Jerseys, Sexy T’s and other hot Swag in the audience. He made people feel special which was very nice of him. I think he’s really a smart guy after watching this show and man he didn’t miss a beat or a word. At least I never noticed it. Very crisp, cool, and totally on it!
Some Brand New Tunes, Power of the Performer and the End of the Show
Near the end of the evening before the finale of See You Again, Wiz played a few brand new tracks including a tune entitled No Social Media. I couldn’t believe the power of his influence on everyone. From going from almost every third person taking pictures with their phone to just 3 visible people on the floor. He persuaded almost EVERYONE to stop their electronics and just enjoy life. The words of the new tune went something like this: Don’t be on your phone, I’m starting to get upset, I don’t care about how many likes you get, you ain’t sh*T without the internet.
Me, I snap my pix quick, take a few vids so I can remember what to blog about. Other than that I like to enjoy the moment and groove to the tunes without abstractions. That’s what I believe at every show I go to. My favorite tune of the night was The Thrill (of it), the song that nabs a piece of the Empire of the Sun song Walking on a Dream. It’s just really groovy and somehow I knew almost all the words. And you can’t go wrong with See You Again. Even after hearing it all Summer long, it still sounded great in person.
The Show ended with everyone swaying their arms back and forth to See You Again, song made famous during the end portion of Furious 7. A very fun, festive, Tuesday night had by all in Honolulu, Hawaii. See you on the Streetz.
PSNY SS 2016 Runway Show
Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne at Public School sure have their work cut out for them this week. Today/Sunday was the Public School Runway Show, at 3:00p.m EST, On Wednesday September 16, 2015, they have the debut of their DKNY Collection.
This Public School collection is pretty amazing, especially on the female side. I suspect the DKNY show will have more Blacks and Dark Greys along with some sort of NYC vibe and probably some Ol’ School 90’s references.
Here are the best shots I snapped from the Live stream on the Public School Website at 5:30 a.m. Hawaii Time. Enjoy!
The Show – Most of the Black and White Color Palette
The Show-Sexy and Flashy
Colors and Guys
Either See you on the Streetz of Honolulu or at the DKNY Runway Show on Wednesday at 9am HST 3pm EST. Have a Fun and Fabulous Week!
The Right Way to Wear and Wang It
Pre Show Atmosphere
Looked like more people than usually were allowed at such a show. Crowd was also pretty mixed, Foreign press dressed in long Khaki Rain Coats, The Brunette Fashion Gals all staring at their phones, Some various people looking a bit lost? For some reason and not really dressed for the occasion, Lots of Hi-End Kicks on guys and gals along with the pseudo anti-establishment group in their very new yet slightly beat up Converse Kicks. Looked like FREE cocktails were very available. And with close attention, the best foreshadowing fashion flair I noticed were various people dressed in both Horizontal and Vertical grey and black striped shirts and skirts. Some looked planted and others just were wearing it, maybe to support the AW 10th Anniversary? (Later in the show we will see thicker vertical striped pants in grey and black along with my favorite horizontal brown and black striped pants).
Pre Show Set-List:
- Rihanna-Pour It Up
- Fetty Wap Feat. Monty-My Way
- NAS Feat. Lauryn Hill-If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)
- Rick Ross-Bandz
- Various Drums
- The Weekend Feat. School Boy Q, Rick Ross-Often (Explicit Remix) Mixed up with Sirens to get people to settle into their seats for the Runway Show
- Drake-10 Bands (Lights dimmed then went completely Dark before Start of the Show).
The Hashtags and @ Signs
#AWS16 #NYFW #Alexanderwang #Wang10 @AlexanderwangNY
More Color than I expected. Especially on the Female models, one actually was dressed all in Pink! Overall a fun show with mostly wearable clothes. Horizontal striped pants stood out on the guys. And layered with various textures stood out on the Ladies. Red Shoe laces on some nice looking black and sometimes white kicks were very visible. Here is a snapshot of the Looks.
My Favorite Looks
The Two Looks I Wouldn’t Wear, but Maybe you might Like?
Post Show Graphics and the Iconic AW Catwalk Run & Wave!
So that you can see and feel the full feeling of the evening. Here are some of Video Graphics splashing the walls. Along with the Iconic Alexander Wang Catwalk Run & Wave. Enjoy!
*All Pictures from every picture shown Above were shot via my iPhone5s during the live stream. Some str8t from the show, others had a bit of post editing done to them. I almost feel like I’m in NYC this week. (September 2015)
Celebrities At The Show
- The Weeknd
After Party Performers
- Lil’ Wayne
After Party Sea Shore Blue Jell-O Pop Shots
**The Jell-O Pop Shots picture is originally from the Alexanderwangny Instagram account, with some post editing done in one of my latest apps. (App is entitled Layout if you’re interested in checking it out).
What were your favorites? See you on the Streetz and have an Amazing Week!
Balmain x H&M Military x Jetsetter Inspired-First Look at the Men’s Collection
Finally a Sneak-Peak at the Balmain x H&M Men’s Collection 2015
In 2014, Streetzblog had a very fun time tracking the Alexander Wang x H&M collection, from Rumor, to Men’s and Women’s first looks, to even shopping early in the morning for the goods. This year, it’s Balmain who is doing the H&M Collab. Seems the clothes took a while to appear, but here they are! At least some of the guys gear.
Looks to be a lot of Military Green, some black and wow a Michael Jackson inspired leather jacket. From what I’ve seen from Balmain’s main label, some of their clothing has too much accoutrements and bling to be wearable, unless you’re a Rock or Movie star. This collection, so far, looks pretty wearable. My choices in order are: The Green Pea Coat, The Kicks, The textured backpack, the black pants with the zippers, and the Military shirt. I doubt I could wear the black jumpsuit or red leather jacket anywhere I go. Overall, pretty wearable and the quality is looking spot on.
Projected date for the collection to be in store and on-line is Thursday November 5, 2015.
What would you wear?
Thank You to Highsnobiety’s Balmain x H&M info for the picture. And thanks to British GQ for the original picture, where you can also check out an Interview with Balmain’s Creative Director with Balmain’s Creative director-Olivier Rousteing.
See you on the Streetz of Honolulu this week. December 18-21 in NYC and Dec 22-27 in Chicago.
The Crystal Ball version of NYFW September 2015
- DKNY: Public School’s Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne are set to show us their first collection for the iconic New York’s own DKNY Brand. Personally, this is a match made in Ultra-Heaven. DKNY was 1 of my favorite brands in the 90’s with their sleek black and maroon/black iridescent suits, black and white color palette. And Public School is my favorite fashion flavor in September 2015. They also use mostly Black and white colors, thus, these clothes will Rock! With the 90’s back in full force in advertising, TV shows, Music and of course Fashion. This could be the best show to watch then wear the clothes. Look for the Black and White color palette and I’m guessing some Flo-Green, Flo-Yellow, and some bright silver mixed in the accenting. This will push the 1990’s vibe even further into 2015!
- Caitlyn Jenner: Big rumour all over the net is not if Caitlyn will show up, but where and what brand will get the publicity? Zac Posen, Diane Von Furstenberg, Givenchy or even Hood by Air? We just need to wait and see. Who do you think it will be?
- Alexander Wang: With his Retirement from Balenciaga, the industry says the pressure is on him for his own Wang Brand. I’d say, What Pressure? His designs for both males and females is always clean, cool and spot on. This will be a home run for both sexes. Look for some nice black clothes with a fantastic, futuristic vibe for both men and women. (At least I hope he has some men’s clothes). And don’t miss Alexander Wang’s re-issue’s of his runway collections on sale at 103 Grand St.
- The IRL Venue and the Virtual Venues: Fashion Week is no longer at Lincoln Center this year. The main shows will be at Skylight at Moynihan Station on West 33rd and Skylight Clarkson in SoHo. It will also have a live stream on giant screens on 14th Street and there is a New York Fashion Week App that will live stream the WME and IMG shows.
- Tech Giant Intel Sponsorship: Amongst other things, look for the flying drones and memory mirrors. As you can guess, this will be the most high tech #NYFW ever. Well, until the next NYFW.
- Shopping: If you’re lucky enough to be in NY September 10-17, 2015, there’s some pretty nifty shpping to be done. Dover Street Market is having an Open house Party Thursdya from 6p-8p with some exclusive DSM x Converse Kicks. this time they come in a pale electric pink (you need to see the color to know what I mean…LOL) tip, with zig-zag futuristic blue on black high tops. The picture I saw did look nice. Refinery 29 will have 29 rooms of fun and frivolity. 15 Huron St. in Brooklyn. And check this out! My Downtown-Chinatown Honolulu neighbors-FLUX Hawaii have a week long pop up shop at Kinfolk 90 project Space and Lounge. Located at 90 Wythe Ave. in Brooklyn. If you go, tell em’ you heard about it on Streetzblog in HI. I took a class a couple of years ago from them at UH. The class was fun and they usually have lots of great SWAG.
Check back here later this week or next on the high and low lights that really did happen. For now, it’s all in our speculative imagination. See you on the Streetz of Honolulu, Hawaii this week and weekend.