Spring and Summer Public School’s in Session
PSNY Brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2015
The Public School NY S/S 2015 Runway Show is delicious spectacle of impeccable tailoring, comfortable fabrics, a pleasing color palette for both men and women with a one-man band. Check out the show and as usual some of the Highlights and Lowlights are provided below the video for a quick snapshot of the show. You may be time starved and just want to read a quick take on the show. I know I get that way sometimes. Just want to read and run, especially on a weekday.
- The One Man Band: Wow! One man all decked out in Public School clothing sounding like a 5 piece band. He sings, plays guitar, tweaks the computer/synth machine to bring a full blown sound to the show all in the present moment.
- The Color Palette: Black and White, Grey and a bit of Cobalt blue. What else do you need for the perfect Health-Goth look! *I read somewhere, not sure where, but have heard rumour that PSNY may explore a new color or 2 in Fall or Winter 2015-16.
- The Materials: The fabrics practically speak the word comfortable.
- Shorts: My personal favorite are shorts that are cut just below the knee. PSNY has them in black, grey and white. Nice!
- Sexy: The females have skirts cut at the perfect length for Summer. And that grey dress with the little mid-riff slit near the end of the show is pretty slick.
- Hats: Not sure how they fit into the show. I guess they look alright on the ladies, but not quite a favorite look of mine for the guys. They’re kinda like old-fashioned flight attendant caps, yet in all black. Maybe it’s where I live, but it would be a hard look to pull off here. I suspect it would work better in Morocco, NY or maybe Paris?
- Shorts: Some were cut above the knee. I doubt the NY bred designers Maxwell Osborne and Dao-Yi Cho would rock them above the knee, I know I wouldn’t,
- Where are the clothes?: Many times on streetzblog we write about things way ahead of time, thus the clothing typically isn’t ready to wear. Today, the show is S/S 2015 and the clothes on-line are S/S 2015. Yet, it’s hard to find the tailored shorts below the knee. Maybe they’ll be available later in the Summer. Note to shoppers: If you like anything you see on the Public School website, it’s best to buy it when you see it. Many of the M, L and XL’s disappear pretty quickly. Today/Friday April 3rd 2015 there are lots of S and XS available. Not much else.
For more detailed in-depth information on Public School, check out this blog posting on Streetzblog. Or to get some info on the Public School x Jordan release go here. To get your grade A Street-Gear/Health-Goth/Perfect colored clothing, check PSNY out here.
See you on the streetz of Oahu this weekend and have a Happy Easter!