I’m a Barbie Doll
MOSCHINO Spring/Summer 2015 Milan Fashion Week Runway Show
When I feel good, I always write. When I feel blue, I don’t always write, but when I do, it helps me feel better. Kind of like eating a bag of chips, but much healthier. Today is a day, I would say I had a rough, slightly stressful day. I say slightly, because I know that it is me that makes me feel stressful, not the things that happen around me. Although, on a day like this, the outside influences broke through and gave me stress.
I also haven’t done anything fun lately and don’t have anything from around town to write about. so when all of these various influences converge. I find a runway show and watch it a few times, then write about the Highlights and Lowlights. I looked for a men’s show, but didn’t see anything with enough Zing for today. Thus, I picked a fun MOSCHINO show. After the Show below, I will write-up the Highlights and Lowlights. I’ll tell you ahead of time, there are more High than Low, since it’s such a fun atmosphere. Makes me wanna’ bust out my Jeremy Scott Winged Hi-Tops for tonight’s festivities.
- Barbie Doll Look: This is fun! I do know it’s not for everyone and has some body issues. But, for the fun value, it’s there. Many of the models in the beginning look exactly like barbies my daughter used to play with in the 90’s.
- Selfie Stick Phone Case: It’s part of the bright PInk Barbie collection. Looks just like the mirror and brush you would purchase at Toys R Us, but has an iPhone inside of the pink casing. Probably a must have item for Spring 2015. I like it better than the McDonald’s phone case. it has usefulness to it via the #Selfie stick and it’s fun! McDonald’s just made me hungry.
- Colors: Bright PInk, Flo Green and Bright Pink together, Bright yellows, a bit of black, and some brazen, bright, shiny Gold. Nice!
- Sexiest Look: The grey patent pants with the pink patent belt. If you want to stand out in a crowd, this is a great look for you.
- Rad Bags: I like the big black and blue boom box bag, notice the MOSCHINO logo, yep it’s even on this. And the very tiny electric yellow back-pack is pretty sweet.
- LBD: The Little Black Dress with the colorful polka dots is one of my favorite looks of the show and not far behind it the LBD with the slightly harder to read than usual MOSCHINO name.
- The Models: I so love when they smile. These smiled, winked, looked sexy, swanky and oh so chic. And wow! Did you see the girl do the 360 on her roller skates. So Glad she didn’t fall off the Runway. I did see some eyes get quite big when she did her thing.
- Worst Dressed: Between the lady at the end with the Big red puffy thing around her waist and the yellow Bikini on top the blue skirt suit. I think that was the worst, just kinda’ tacky.
- Sunglasses: The Heart Shaped Sunglasses look just like the glasses they sell at the carnival for $2.50. I know the MOSCHINO line loves to take things to the extreme, but if these have a $300 price tag on them, that’s just not right.
- Raincoat thingy: Where did this even come from, it didn’t fit the vibe of the whole show and wasn’t very sexy or chic. Brownish green raincoat with some burnt gold. Yikes.
- The 10-12 minute mark: Towards the end, a bunch of mismatched stuff just started coming out of nowhere. Colors that didn’t go with the rest of the show, over the top tutus, art pieces, etc. Not sure if they needed this mix matched ending. The rest of the show was so cohesive, chic, fun, slick and flowed so well together.
What were your HIghlights? Lowlights? How are you feeling today/tonight? I’m better after writing. And Hopefully the evening will be better than the day. See you on the streetz.