Monthly Archives: December 2014
DSMF@DSM Do Shop Many Floors at Dover Street Market
What’s Hot on the Streetz-December 2014
In December 2013 I somehow missed the Grand Opening of NY’s most Hip, Hype and Happening Hi-End Luxe Life shopping experience. DSM opened in December 2013 and Streetzblog has been hoping to go here ever since. Saturday December 20th they celebrated their 1-Year Anniversary party and we hit it up on Monday December 22, 2014. This will be more of a pictorial blog posting than editorial. So let’s get the party started with some hot brands and their special Comme Des Garcons Frozen selection.
On my list of things to do this year in NYC, DSM was on the top of the list. I always stay at 45th and Madison at the Roosevelt Hotel and most things are within walking distance, this is one of them. Located about 15 minutes away on Lexington and 30th is the 7 full stories of the Famed Dover Street Market with practically every Luxe-Life Street and Hi End Hip Brand imaginable on each and every floor. Some brands represented when we were there included: Thom Browne, Alexander Wang, Hood By Air, APC, Nike like you’ve never seen them before, Sunsea and of course…Comme Des Garcons. And, It’s not just a store but an art installation at the same time, Can you feel the art meets fashion Vibe here?
Here we see some gear that I’ve only seen on the internet and in magazines, but got to see LIVE in person at Dover Street Market in NYC. Check some of this nice Luxe-Life gear out!
It was a great time to stop by, they still had some of the 1st Anniversary Dover Street Market x Converse 70’s Limited Edition Kicks. These have extra bounce in them, shiny fronts, and the very a la mode blacked out color-way which makes them extremly comfy, very stylish and a must have while they last purchase ($145 plus tax).
As you would expect some of the pieces at the market are a bit pricey. But if you’re looking for what you’ve been seeing on the net and in the mags and enjoy living the Luxe-Life, DSM is the place for you. Or if you just enjoy browsing a really fun store, this is the place to go. It reminds me a bit of the Limelight Marketplace when it was the hippest place to go. Although, I haven’t checked up or heard about the Limelight for a couple of years. I do know that they are still there, so you may want to check them out-they also carry fancy Nike’s, Comme Des Garcons and maybe DJ Lui is still there?
DSM also has food, various Teas, and coffee on the ground floor. Oh, and they do have T’s. Go to the 6th Floor. These were a bit hard to find, so I wanna’ make sure you know that they are on Floor Number 6 and they have a nice selection of sizes for guys and gals-logo with stripes and without, made by Commes Des Garcons. If you’re not ready to spend 4K on a fine lambskin jacket, you may want a shirt or two. I couldn’t resist the limited edition DSM x Cons, almost bought a shirt, but I’m a shoe guy, so “had” to go for the kicks.
Say Hi to Jason if you go there, he was very helpful, nice and was wearing the new blackened out cons. Tell him you heard about DSM on Streetzblog, he’ll remember seeing me, I was dressed up for the location. Utilizing some of my fast fashion tricks with a few Luxe-Life brands slipped in for an all around 2014 Trend a la Moment look. And I matched really well today, which doesn’t always happen!
The only thing that comes between me and my Calvin’s is Streetzblog…and maybe Kate Moss.
I usually do a pretty simple Holiday campaign with stickers and shirts. In 2012 we had the SB logo in the original colors of black and red on white Anvil Shirts. 2013 I upgraded to slate grey American Apparel shirts with Orange and standard Gray colors on the logo.
In a couple of days, the 2014 campaign will unleash to the world. I’ve been seeing a CK Jean revival as of late. Mark Wahlberg is a huge movie star and Kate Moss is still looking hot and doing her thing after many years. So, with the help of Romeo Valentine, we tatted up the two and tweaked their underwear a bit. Be looking for the new stickers on the streetz of NYC this Thursday December 18th-23rd, 2014. And possibly a shirt or two if I can get all the pieces to the T-Shirt puzzle to fit together in time.
Look to Streetzblog over the next couple weeks. Covering NYC: December 18-23. And Chicago: December 24-29, 2014. In NYC, we’ll be reporting on the latest Street Style’s, Hottest Holiday Gifts, New Stores, Delicious foods, the Latest Kicks, Uptown, Downtown, and of course Mid Town-cause that’s where I’ll be staying. Chicago, we’ll be checking out some norm-core in the suburbs then hitting the streetz of Belmont.
Happy Holidays! Season’s Greetings! and Mele Kalikimaka! Maybe I’ll see you on the streetz of NY, Chi-Town or back in HI for New Year’s.
While we’re on the CK Tip, let’s check out a couple of pictures from their upcoming Calvin Klein White label Spring Summer 2015 collection. Check out the oversized logo on the undies. Pretty Rockin’ Whatcha’ think?
Warm Weather, Cool Breeze, We’ve got you Covered
Streetzblog Hot for the Holidays List December 2014
For this year’s first post on What’s Hot for the Holidays, I started out a bit Kitsch, flowed through some esoteric and left you with some solid Streetgear. Happy Holidays!
- Neon Zinka: Colored nose coat for the beach, Skiing and Snowboarding. The latest colors come in bright electric Pink and Teal. They also have Neon pink, green, purple, yellow and the standard white. More like a stocking stuffer than a real present. Either way, the colors are Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic. $7 each Available Here
- Urban Decay Pigment Palette: Keeping on the bright Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic page, these electric colors are pretty rockin’. All the colors you need are here: Neon Green, Yellow, Pink and of course Purple and Blue. 10 colors total. You can’t go wrong wearing these to your next 80’s/2014 party. $49 at UrbanDecay
- Voyager 10 Sunglasses: I can’t seem to pick an era these would go well in except now. A bit of a Lolita Shape, 1950’s tourtist color on the frames, with the 2013-14 Flo Green-Blue in the. lens. $195 at westwardleaning.com
- Typewriter Computer Keyboard: This has to be one of the strangest Let’s Go Retro and be Cool things to come out in a while. It’s basically an old fashion typewriter that attaches to your tablet, so that you can type on the typewriter and it shows up on the tablet. Made for Underwood by Jack Zylkin. $799 at usbtypewriter.com Note: When I went to this site to get ya’ll the url, many of the machines are SOLD-OUT. So I suspect this is less strange and more important to people than I originally thought.
- Clutch with speakers: Various colored Clutches with a built-in Stelle Audio audio speaker that blasts. $399 at rebeccaminkoff.com
- Socialmatic Digital Camera: Takes instant poloroid pictures on special paper and has Wi-Fi and blue tooth capabilities to upload your fav pix to FB or Instagram. Ever noticed how the Instagram logo looks a bit like the Poloroid camera? Hmm These camera’s will be available in January 2015 at poloroid.com Just too cool not to mention. Maybe you can get it for someone for Valentine’s Day? $299 when it comes available Here
- Thermacell Pro Heating Insoles: These insoles keep your feet toasty for 5 hours at 111 degrees! If I lived in a cold area of the world, I would buy these the minute I saw them. Almost as expensive as my kicks, but bet they’re worth it on a blizzardy ski Trip. $150 at thermacell.com
- Black Apple x New York Knicks: Now, here’s number one on my hit-list for myself for the Holidays. Limited Edition New York Knicks streetwear created by the guys from Public School. Was just available (12/5/14) at the MSG brick and mortar store. Now you can place an order from anywhere, just call 212 631 5390 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org Better hurry, the last collection sold out before I even knew it was available. Find pictures on Instagram or as usual, just google it. Glad they were able to accommodate people outside of NYC. I’ll see if anything is left on December 20 when I visit the Garden.
- Echoluxury Kicks: Feit pronounced Fight at 2 Prince St. in NY has some slick new kicks. Only 60 are made of each shoe and each shoe comes from just one piece of leather. Wow, that’s a big cow! These are created by Price, the guy who invented Royal Elastics. The shoes with no laces. Various prices. Available at feitdirect
- Python Skateboard: Libra leather Home, a favorite store of Alexander Wang has a pretty dope looking python Skateboard and the leather king-Mitch Alfus has some very Luxe-Life footballs. Skateboard: $1,500 Football: $1,200 This would be the perfect place to shop for a rich friend who has “almost” everything. 72 Frankin St. in NY Now through January 31st. Then the King goes back to whatever Kings of the Luxe-Life do. I guess. More information on these products and others available Here