Daily Archives: September 25, 2014
Say an Early Hello to Halloween and be well Prepared in October 2014
This year Halloween falls on a Friday. Friday October 31, 2014. It will be celebrated Friday October 24-Friday October 31st. Be especially aware of some of the bigger parties happening on Saturday October 25, 2014. Because Halloween is best celebrated on a Saturday. No Work for most on Sunday and it gives many extra time to get dressed and ready for the BIG night on the town, having their own party or just turning out all the lights and watching 8-12 hours of non-stop scary, sometimes pretty disturbing movies.
Here’s a nice little list of some tips and tricks to for this year’s Halloween Holiday.
Pumpkin Spice Food & Drinks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee: The original seasonal Starbucks pumpkin spice latte beverage looked forward to each year by both the caffeinated lovers and even the de-caf clan. Available now at all Starbucks locations
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese: Philadelphia brand cream cheese. Great on a plain or even better on a pumpkin flavored bagel. Tastes pretty good, just has a slightly peachy color. Another Seasonal product to get when you see it.
- Pumpkin spice Gum: Extra has its own version of the pumpkin spiced category. Just launched in August 2014, Extra pumpkin spiced gum may or may not last. The taste as one might say is interesting. Get it while you can in your local supermarket aisle or check out stand.
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding: Jell-O brand Pudding has you covered with a nice orange Pumpking Spiced pudding. Great to eat by itself, use as a quick and easy pie filling or put the plastic covering on the floor and get ready for the perfect pumpking flavored food fight. *Kids ask for permission from your parents. Adults, you may ask permission by your mate or roommates or you may just want to do it and ask for permission on a later date, like maybe never.
- Pumpkin Snacks: Another buy em’ if you see em’ pumpkin delicacy. Limited Edition Pumpkin Pop-Tarts. I think I could eat this for breakfast and I’m not a very good breakfast eater, Sundays I have a home-cooked meal, but the other days i can barely down a protein shake with my instant coffee caffeine drink. The Limited Edition treats are Available now while they last.
- Pumpkin Confections: Kraft has you covered to completely turbo charge your Boo-Berry cereal with Pumpkin Spiced marshmallows. Might be a fun filler for your hot chocolate, latte, or bust them out at the campfire and really freak everyone out. I have yet to try these, but may give them a whirl.
- Absinthe: The fluorescent green color will go perfect with anything orange. And the sugar cube can be your special tasty treat. Take some fun pictures with the green and orange color scheme. Take the pictures to the edge by tricking them out to an even more outrageous Flo-Green and Bright orange with the filters on the Camera+ App, then send them through Instagram for an added boost of decadent crazy color and effects.
- Orange Beer: So easy to make, just take the red and the yellow food coloring add some light-colored beer and you’re good to go. Who says you just need to drink colored beer on St. Patrick’s Day anyways?
- Pink Cashmere: This drink isn’t orange or green, it’s pink. But the candy melts into the drink in an oh so spectacular way. It’s for sure a Halloween go to drink-ity-drink and instant conversation starter. This crazy concoction comes from the folks at the Sage Restaurant at Aria in Las Vegas. In a shaker with a lot of ice, put 2 ounces of Grey Goose Cherry Noir vodka, 1/2 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup, and 1 once of white cranberry juice. Shake it up. Now comes the tricky and tasty part. Put a hand full of pink or other various colored cotton candy in a glass and pour the liquid libation on top of the cotton candy. Wait in delight as the cotton candy melts and oozes as the booze disassembles it into a perfectly spooky libation.
- The Devil Wears Prada: We can’t miss out on this fashionably decadent drink. With a title from one of my favorite movies, it’s gotta’ be good. 2 ounces of Jim Beam Devils Cut Whiskey, 1/2 ounce Dekuyper 03 Orange Liquer and some Angostura Bitters. Throw in some pre-made Orange food coloring or orange juice ice cubes and your ready to rock the orange carpet.
- Halloween Cups: So far my favorite this year is the Drink up Witches cups from Pear 1 Imports. $9.95 for a set available here
- Wreath: Not just for Christmas anymore. Colorful Skull and Flower Wreaths available now at Target for $20.
- Watch: Just in time for Halloween, you can rock your own candy necklace swatch watch. comes with 4 strands of non-edible but look very tasty strands of candy necklace circles for your wrist attached to a pink and aqua watch. Available at Swatch.com
- Land Sharks-This was the biggest year for Shark Week & Sharknado so we should see a slew of sharks
- Game of Thrones and Walking Dead Characters
- Breaking Bad should have at least one more good year of bright yellow jumpers and gas masks
- Gamora or Rocket the Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Frozen characters will be huge this year..Anna, Elsa and Olaf are all available now
- Princess’ like Belle, Aurora, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel and don’t forget the dark fairy Maleficent
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Cat in the Hat
- Young or Classic Batman and maybe the young Penguin from Gotham, he looks rather disturbing.
- Duck Dynasty Dudes
- Anime and Cosplay costumes should be pretty big in Hawaii this year
- Star Wars-It’s a little early for all the big hype, but people have the date set for the new Star Wars so costumes will be out and about this year
- The Dark and Black colored versions of the Hunger Games Characters. The next Mockingjay movie has some pretty goth looking posters out and about already.
- Don’t forget Divergent. A few great couples costumes to be found from that movie
- Another great group costume theme would be, it fits in the vampire Faery theme of 2014
- Captain America
- And my all time favorite is when someone makes a dinner table and has their head on it. So fun to see that one get around in the wee hours of the late night early morning
One of this year’s great costumes will be the Derick Jeter. Here’s a very cool Derick Jeter/Gatorade commercial. It looks extremely real, feels extremely real, I wonder how much of it was real?
See you on the Streetz. This Friday at Eat the Street and Saturday at the Love Fest.