Monthly Archives: September 2014
Rush to Waikiki for Jimmy Choo’s Limited Edition Clutch
As of Saturday September 27, 2014 there are 50 available!
The brand new Jimmy Choo Waikiki is officially open a the Royal Hawaiian Center in Waikiki on the island of Oahu. This is one of the first boutiques in the world to showcase the new store concept designed in collab with the David Collins Studio. The BIG news of this store’s opening is the offering of the Limited Edition Candy Clutch designed by creative Director, Sandra Choi which commemorates the opening of the Waikiki Boutique.
As of Saturday when I chatted via email with the store’s PR aficionado Abram, he mentioned that there are only 50 of these Limited Edition clutches left in the store. And when they are gone, they are GONE! Before you hit the internet, know that this Clutch is only available in the new Boutique. While they last, the Delightfully designed Gradated Blue, Orange and Yellow Hawaii inspired clutch is $995. If you can get to the store before they’re all sold out. Good thing is many don’t know the store is here yet, bad news is they will sure find out after this post goes live.
The New JImmy Choo Boutique is located at the Royal Hawaiian Center on the Diamond Head end near the Omega Store. Presently, the Kalakaua entrance is under construction, so please enter on the interior mall side of the store. Jimmy Choo is open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday thru Sunday. And Yes, Great news is they do provide validated parking.
Here’s the awesome information including their email address on the brand new store in Waikiki on the Island of Oahu. I may not purchase the Clutch personally, but I do know I’ll be down there soon checking out the patent leather Jimmy Cho for men Hi-Tops. Looking forward to the black pair similar to the white I noticed over at the Ala Moana store.
ROYAL HAWAIIAN CENTER
2201 KALAKAUA AVENUE, SUITE C-103A, HONOLULU, HI 96815, USA
T +1 (808) 922-4563
F +1 (808) 923-2783
Have a Great and Stylish Week. Next post will give you a snapshot of the Annual Love Festival and show you many of the fashion finds from the event on Saturday September 26, 2014 at Kakaako Waterfront Park on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. See you on the Streetz.
Say an Early Hello to Halloween and be well Prepared in October 2014
This year Halloween falls on a Friday. Friday October 31, 2014. It will be celebrated Friday October 24-Friday October 31st. Be especially aware of some of the bigger parties happening on Saturday October 25, 2014. Because Halloween is best celebrated on a Saturday. No Work for most on Sunday and it gives many extra time to get dressed and ready for the BIG night on the town, having their own party or just turning out all the lights and watching 8-12 hours of non-stop scary, sometimes pretty disturbing movies.
Here’s a nice little list of some tips and tricks to for this year’s Halloween Holiday.
Pumpkin Spice Food & Drinks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee: The original seasonal Starbucks pumpkin spice latte beverage looked forward to each year by both the caffeinated lovers and even the de-caf clan. Available now at all Starbucks locations
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese: Philadelphia brand cream cheese. Great on a plain or even better on a pumpkin flavored bagel. Tastes pretty good, just has a slightly peachy color. Another Seasonal product to get when you see it.
- Pumpkin spice Gum: Extra has its own version of the pumpkin spiced category. Just launched in August 2014, Extra pumpkin spiced gum may or may not last. The taste as one might say is interesting. Get it while you can in your local supermarket aisle or check out stand.
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding: Jell-O brand Pudding has you covered with a nice orange Pumpking Spiced pudding. Great to eat by itself, use as a quick and easy pie filling or put the plastic covering on the floor and get ready for the perfect pumpking flavored food fight. *Kids ask for permission from your parents. Adults, you may ask permission by your mate or roommates or you may just want to do it and ask for permission on a later date, like maybe never.
- Pumpkin Snacks: Another buy em’ if you see em’ pumpkin delicacy. Limited Edition Pumpkin Pop-Tarts. I think I could eat this for breakfast and I’m not a very good breakfast eater, Sundays I have a home-cooked meal, but the other days i can barely down a protein shake with my instant coffee caffeine drink. The Limited Edition treats are Available now while they last.
- Pumpkin Confections: Kraft has you covered to completely turbo charge your Boo-Berry cereal with Pumpkin Spiced marshmallows. Might be a fun filler for your hot chocolate, latte, or bust them out at the campfire and really freak everyone out. I have yet to try these, but may give them a whirl.
- Absinthe: The fluorescent green color will go perfect with anything orange. And the sugar cube can be your special tasty treat. Take some fun pictures with the green and orange color scheme. Take the pictures to the edge by tricking them out to an even more outrageous Flo-Green and Bright orange with the filters on the Camera+ App, then send them through Instagram for an added boost of decadent crazy color and effects.
- Orange Beer: So easy to make, just take the red and the yellow food coloring add some light-colored beer and you’re good to go. Who says you just need to drink colored beer on St. Patrick’s Day anyways?
- Pink Cashmere: This drink isn’t orange or green, it’s pink. But the candy melts into the drink in an oh so spectacular way. It’s for sure a Halloween go to drink-ity-drink and instant conversation starter. This crazy concoction comes from the folks at the Sage Restaurant at Aria in Las Vegas. In a shaker with a lot of ice, put 2 ounces of Grey Goose Cherry Noir vodka, 1/2 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup, and 1 once of white cranberry juice. Shake it up. Now comes the tricky and tasty part. Put a hand full of pink or other various colored cotton candy in a glass and pour the liquid libation on top of the cotton candy. Wait in delight as the cotton candy melts and oozes as the booze disassembles it into a perfectly spooky libation.
- The Devil Wears Prada: We can’t miss out on this fashionably decadent drink. With a title from one of my favorite movies, it’s gotta’ be good. 2 ounces of Jim Beam Devils Cut Whiskey, 1/2 ounce Dekuyper 03 Orange Liquer and some Angostura Bitters. Throw in some pre-made Orange food coloring or orange juice ice cubes and your ready to rock the orange carpet.
- Halloween Cups: So far my favorite this year is the Drink up Witches cups from Pear 1 Imports. $9.95 for a set available here
- Wreath: Not just for Christmas anymore. Colorful Skull and Flower Wreaths available now at Target for $20.
- Watch: Just in time for Halloween, you can rock your own candy necklace swatch watch. comes with 4 strands of non-edible but look very tasty strands of candy necklace circles for your wrist attached to a pink and aqua watch. Available at Swatch.com
- Land Sharks-This was the biggest year for Shark Week & Sharknado so we should see a slew of sharks
- Game of Thrones and Walking Dead Characters
- Breaking Bad should have at least one more good year of bright yellow jumpers and gas masks
- Gamora or Rocket the Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Frozen characters will be huge this year..Anna, Elsa and Olaf are all available now
- Princess’ like Belle, Aurora, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel and don’t forget the dark fairy Maleficent
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Cat in the Hat
- Young or Classic Batman and maybe the young Penguin from Gotham, he looks rather disturbing.
- Duck Dynasty Dudes
- Anime and Cosplay costumes should be pretty big in Hawaii this year
- Star Wars-It’s a little early for all the big hype, but people have the date set for the new Star Wars so costumes will be out and about this year
- The Dark and Black colored versions of the Hunger Games Characters. The next Mockingjay movie has some pretty goth looking posters out and about already.
- Don’t forget Divergent. A few great couples costumes to be found from that movie
- Another great group costume theme would be, it fits in the vampire Faery theme of 2014
- Captain America
- And my all time favorite is when someone makes a dinner table and has their head on it. So fun to see that one get around in the wee hours of the late night early morning
One of this year’s great costumes will be the Derick Jeter. Here’s a very cool Derick Jeter/Gatorade commercial. It looks extremely real, feels extremely real, I wonder how much of it was real?
See you on the Streetz. This Friday at Eat the Street and Saturday at the Love Fest.
Gotham Premieres on Fox Monday September 22, 2014
I just watched the preview for the new Fox TV series – Gotham. The Penguin looks very intriging to see his young life evolve. He’s already walking with a limp in the preview and he seems quite disturbed. Jada Pinkett Smith with her bright red streak of colored hair also looks like one to watch as she plays gangster, Fish Mooney-the theater disctrict’s over seer and the one with sites on overtaking the Falcone Crime Family and ruling all of Gotham. The city also looks fun! They said in the preview that it’s based on the raucous, chaotic NYC in the 70’s with some added 2014 elements like iPhones and other gadgets. It’s going to be hard to switch back and forth between Gotham and MNF. But might be time to reinstate my DVR.
Below is the newest Gotham trailer shown at the movie theaters and below it is the extended trailer. If you watch the new show, let us know what you think in the comments area of streetzblog.com
See some awesome Batman inspired snapbacks from Patricia Field from an earlier post of Gotham here
And I’ve spent the last couple hours preparing a Streetzblog Tips and Tricks for Halloween 2014. I’ll need to proof it on Monday and Tuesday, and most likely have it ready to post on Wednesday. This is another great year for Halloween celebrating. It should last a from Friday, October 24-Friday, October 31, 2014.
No more writing on my hand!
2014’s Makiki Heat brings you the latest and greatest finds of our time. The first is so perfect for me. I remember back in the 80’s being called into the bosses office for being unprofessional for writing on my hands. For some reason, when I can’t remember to do something, I write it on my hand. Usually in very easy to see, indelible, black, bold sharpie ink. I did it in the 80’s and still do it now. It’s 2014 and someone has finally found a solution. Enjoy reading about the Echo Smartpen and the other 4 HOT topics for September 2014.
Top 5 for August 2014
Echo Smartpen: For 20+ years, I’ve been writing sharpie messages on my hand to remind myself of important things to do at work or to buy cat litter, which It seems, I’m continually running out and having to buy. Many Days I have a Big CL written on the palm of my hand. You may ask? Why don’t I type things on my iPhone, well I do, i just don’t seem to get the alert and it’s a hard habit to break out of after so many years. Along comes the Echo Smartpen from livescribe.com. Every message, drawing or even voice audio you write or say goes directly to your phone, tablet or computer. Hopefully this will be the cure for me and you and everyone around the world who may write on their hand, wall, or post it note. As of today (9/14/14) it’s a bit expensive at $120, but I suspect the price will go down soon. $120 livescribe available here.
Lokai Bracelet: My daughter found this HOT bracelet and already owns a couple of them. The first and coolest thing i noticed when she wore it was the way the light reflected off of it and gave it a mysterious glow. Later I found out that the white ball is filled with water from Mt. Everest and the Black ball has mud from the dead sea in it. According to something I read on the web, Mt. Everest is the Highest place on earth and the dead sea the Lowest. Here’s a picture of my daughter’s bracelet: (Various prices and places to purchase, Google it for the best deals of the day).
Tom Ford’s Luxe-Life Sneaker Line: Cool, sleek, classically 2014. Tom Ford’s new line of luxurious leather or velvet sneakers are the must have kicks for Fall 2014. They come in Hi-Tops which I prefer or the traditional Low-Top. Tom’s designed Black, Brown, Red, and White versions with the color on top accented with a white sole. An Awesome Go-To Kick that would go with practically anything in your wardrobe. These styling shoes are dope for a Sunday afternoon mint julep and charcuterie Pic-Nic, or You can Swank up your Sunday best for church and are a great choice to wear to the Polo grounds with your favorite Black, Dark Blue or Grey Sunday suit. Of course you can wear them any day you like. I just think they look like the perfect shoe for a Sunday. Tom Ford Sneakers in leather and velvet. Available here for $690-$990.
Warby Parker x The Standard Sunglasses: Summer maybe winding down. But these babies look great in and out of the sun, during the day or night. The frames are colored with the flavors and vibe of Whiskey Tortoise Matte, which works really well with people with various colors in their hair. And the Glass portion is a nice Movie Star Blue. Day or NIght/Night or Day/Suns Out or Moon Glowing, whenever you wear them, these will look hot and get you some cool looks. Available for a limited time Here for $95 plus tax and shipping.
I’ll Drink to That: Memoir by Betty Halbreich, Legendary personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman. Betty is also the star and her career the theme of the movie and book of the same title, Scatter my Ashes at Bergdorf’s. She has styled the rich and famous for over 40 years and along with Patricia Field dressed the gals in the ever so popular TV Show and movie; Sex and the City. The Book takes us from her childhood through some not so good years to the infamous career of styling the rich and famous including Meryl Streep (From the movie: The Devil Wears Prada) and Candace Bergen. I’ll Drink to That is Available Here for $18.18 or get the Kindle version for just $11.99 Here.
Don’t forget GOTHAM is almost here. It premieres on Monday September 22nd on Fox!
Bright Lights, Big Color
The Desigual #NYFW S/S Women’s Runway Show
New York Fashion Week is in full swing. Streetzblog is so on it to be there next September. For September 2014, we have the nice people at TRESemme and Mercedes-Benz to thank for the videos of some of the shows. Today we visit the ultra colorful world of the Spanish brand Desigual.
- Color: Spring and Summer is when the flowers bloom, the weather gets warmer and vivid colors return from the slushy sidewalks and the grey sky. This show puts you directly into Spring and Summer with the use of Bright Orange, Rockin’ Red, Lemon Yellow and Perfect Lawn Green. If you’re craving the flavor of Spring and Summer this is the show to watch and the clothes to wear.
- Black and White: Even with all the great colors, Desigual was able to slip in a couple of very nice black and white pieces that fit well on the models and fit well within the show. Black and White goes so well together,who cares iit’s Spring and Summer. It works for me. And it didn’t hurt that Adriana Lima wore one of the B&W Mini dresses.
- Happy: Fabulous happy smiling models. It’s so awesome to see all these smiling faces on the runway with no uppity hipster attitude at all. Another great touch of happiness that Spring and Summer bring after a cold, dreary Winter.
- Adriana Lima: She’s the one with the biggest smile, the air kisses and charisma that makes her such a big time super model. She gives the clothes that extra oomph of delight and happiness. Even though she’s on the computer screen, it’s hard not to smile back at her when she does the hair toss, smile wink.
- Music: Just l like the clothes and the vibe of the models, the music is upbeat and fun. And tune #2 is very catchy, one of these fashion week tunes I look for then buy on iTunes. I shazamed it and the song is Alexandr K & Gembird’s Back Home (Original Mix).
- Hair: Nice blend of traditional brunettes, blacks and browns with a tad of the ultra trendy IN look of the moment in hair, the muted fluorescents in various colors. Did I tell you I saw a business lady in Downtown Honolulu Rockin’ the light purple a couple weeks ago? Yep.
- Shoes: More great colors including bright Yellows, Aquas, Pinks, Oranges and Greens. Now I really know the 90’s are making a big come back. I had a pair of shoes the same color of green back in 1996.
- The Ending: All in all a very well done show. Only lowlight i could find is at the end the models throw out flowers at the front of the stage. And each time they turn around to go back, they almost bump into each other. For such a happy show overall, this portion gave me a bit of anxiety. I kept holding my breath so hoping no one crashed into each other causing chaos in such a happy place.
Stay Styling when it Rains in Cons rubber Kicks
Rain and J’s just don’t go together at all. Next time it pours get your Cons on. Converse is getting ready to debut their rubber versions of the long-standing, iconic street and court Chuck Taylor All-Star High-Top. The perfect cop for your rain gear wardrobe. These kicks have a Wellington style upper that provides awesome protection from water situations. They also have a nice soft fleece lining, brass eyelets and a gusseted tongue. The Rubber Kicks go on sale on September 15, 2014 in the USA. In-store and keep an eye out for them on-line. Adults ($65) Kids ($45)
Looks like a great shoe to wear in the slush in New York City, to a big muddy music fest or on a hike on a rainy day. I’m kinda digging the Purple or Yellow pair or maybe the white and I’ll trick them out with some colorful sharpies. There is possibly a blue pair out there somewhere? Just hard to find the picture. Below are 5 of the colors. According to Converse there are 7 total color-ways. Some websites say 6 and funny thing is there are pictures on the web of of just 5 (9/7/14). Looks like Cons is keeping us on alert. Maybe a flourescent pink for October or I bet they come out with a hunter green or even a camo down the line.
Here’s a look at 5 of the bold, buttery, eye-catching, monochromatic, rain resistant colors:
What do you think of the new kicks? See you on the streetz of Honolulu.This Sunday I’ll be at Inspiration Furniture, the Hawaii Woman Expo and the BIA Hawaii Remodel it Green Remodel it Right show. Then Hopefully home for some food and rest. Have a nice Sunday. Ciao and Aloha. SM on SB.
Wang Nab It
Ever since H&M moved in about 10 minutes from where I live, I’ve been fascinated about following their big days, special collections, new releases and sales. Looks like we finally have some new pictures of one of the most anticipated collaborations of Fall 2014. The Alexander Wang x H&M Collaboration. The other biggest upcoming collab being the Jordan x Supreme release, which no matter what it looks like will sell out in seconds.
The British version of GQ has generously given us a sneak peak inside the upcoming Alexander Wang for H&M collaboration. The collection features 2 of my favorite colors-Black and Grey and is inspired by a sporty vibe with boxing as the main force behind the collection. Pieces to look forward to for men include activewear, sweatshirts with Big bold raised lettering, a puffy or as the English call it Puffer jacket, WANG sunglasses and more. As reported on streetzblog back in June, the collection releases at H&M stores world-wide on Friday November 6, 2014. Might be a good time for a Vay-Cay Day or you might want to call in sick. Looks like this is gonna’ be a BIG event at H&M with both the Men’s and Women’s wear flying off the shelves.
I’ll be at the H&M in Waikiki and will hopefully be able to nab a couple of the black and grey pieces. And also looking forward to being in NYC in Mid December to check out the newest store on 5th and 52nd or maybe the even newer yet to open store at Herald Square! Hopefully the Grand Opening will happen when I’m in town.
Here’s few of the First Looks of the collab courtesy of British GQ. Which is your favorite?
New York Fashion Week S/S 2015 Todd Snyder
The Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week/#NYFW S/S 2015 officially kicked off their runway shows. The Coach show had some fun Cotton Candy colors and the #selfies are going off the richter on twitter. Here’s a look at one of the first men’s runway shows of the season, Todd Snyder’s collection:
- Camel, Whites, Green, Grey and Blue: The color scheme is on point for SS. I’m glad that they included the greys, even though Fall 2014 is filled with Grey because everyone thought that 50 Shades of Grey would come out in November 2014. But, it’s been delayed until Valentines Day 2015. Thus, hold on to your greys and grays that you’ll be rockin’ this Fall for next Spring and Summer.
- Longer shorts: I personally never liked the retro short shorts for men trend over the last few years. I really enjoy the lengthier shorts just above the knee. Nice, crisp, clean materials by Todd Snyder.
- Shoes not Sneakers with shorts: I noticed many models rockin’ dress shoes with their shorts. I bet it would look good on an urban street. Not exactly what I’d be able to pull off in Waikiki, maybe at night?
- Light Colors: For me personally, not enough blues and greys. I’ll never wear anything in camel and white is reserved for the Diner en Blanc which comes around once a year. Even though it’s Spring and Summer, I’d rather see some darker colors.
- The Music: Pretty much sucked. One song the whole show? That’s really no fun. One of the best things about these shows is finding new music. This wasn’t the show for that.
- The Crowd: Not enough camera work on the pre-show and post-show crowd. Some of the best fashion finds are in the crowds. Well, one more reason to actually go to #NYFW in person next year. YAH!
Today thru Sunday, See you on the streetz of Honolulu, at the Hawaii Woman Expo, the BIA Expo, The beach, the gym/Clark Hatch, and hopefully at the movies or a party or two.