Monthly Archives: October 2013
It’s about Midnight here in Honolulu on Sunday October 27th 2013 and I’m presently in London via the internet at the Maison Bentley Blog Paaardy! I stopped by the party earlier today, but when I saw the fancy yacht that the party is being held on I had to run back home to change out of my T-shirt, Shorts and Flip-Flops or as we call them in Hawaii-Slippers.
I Changed into my newest kicks from Marc Jacobs, a Tommy Bahama shirt to match them, my Harajuku T shirt to wear underneath, my Dolce & Gabbana plaid pants from Barney’s NYC and my streetzblog x CityStars Snapback.
I want to get back to the party quickly, thus I have everything I’m wearing in the capsule collection as seen above. (It’s much quicker to upload a capsule collection then one by one) Oh, and since it is past Midnight here, the Drink Departments are closed, Thus my bevie of choice for the evening is the Bob Marley Mellow Mood Sweet Tea as also seen above.
Thanks again to the Maison Bentley Style Blog for having this wonderful party. What a fun and Exciting idea. Cheers and Aloha from Makiki, Hawaii to London, England and to everyone else from around the World.
I wonder, wonder what they would Think?
In the back of many of the WWD magazines, the whole back page has the following ad printed on it. May Question for today is What Would Chanel Think of the SSUR shirts that say Channel Zero on them? What do you think? A copy of the ad is shown below and right under that is the Channel Zero Shirt with Camo Lettering.
BTW: The first time I noticed a shirt similar to this it was on Rihanna. I looked at it 2 or 3 times before I noticed the spelling was wrong. At the time I didn’t know the SSUR brand and thought she bought it on a street corner. Sheez, was I out of it or what? In recent years SSUR has done many fun designs of some pretty BIG designers including Commes Des Garcon, Gucci, Hermes, Cartier and Yves Saint Laurent-Which Heidi Slimane wasn’t too fond of and recently pulled the Saint Laurent brand out of Colette. What I found a bit of course here is Colette was selling the real brand and making good money off of it. And they were selling the SSUR “It Ain’t Laurent without the Yves” T’s at the same time. Hmmm.
I also remember reading on the WSJ that Laurent sent Colette a Cease and desist order to stop selling the shirts on-line. They stopped, but then put them in the Paris store location and sold them all out. I doubt selling a few shirts would compare to the thousands of dollars they make or could have made off the Saint Laurent hand bags. Kind of a strange story.
Even more thoughts to ponder on this. Maybe they were correct in selling both lines? Maybe Laurent should Like this move? Ya know, it has brought a lot more awareness of the Saint Laurent brand to a more youthful generation. Which in turn could turn into sales for Saint Laurent. Interesting eh? Would be an interesting debate topic for a Fashion School or High School Debate team to discuss.
A New York Holiday-Barney’s 2013
Barneys is going to be fun this Holiday Season with a Jay Z collab celebrating the vibe of NYC. Barney’s has collaborated with Shawn “Jay Z” Carter for this years Limited Edition Holiday Collection. Last year was the Walt Disney Company’s “Electric Holiday” and the year before was Lady Gaga and “Gaga’s Workshop”. In my opinion the Electric Holiday was a bit too family and young children oriented. I did enjoy Gaga’s Workshop-the Windows were very extravagant and the gifts although a bit pricey ($45 for Rock Candy) were well curated and I was able to purchase some nice gifts for friends and family for Christmas. I also liked the Gaga Shopping bag, it was worth the purchases.
This Year’s Collab looks to be pretty awesome especially for guys. Most of the offerings are for Men with some items being dual-gender and home pieces for everyone. The Color Scheme is simple yet effective for a NYC vibe; colors are White, Black, Silver and Gold.
The designers include a plethora of famous and in the moment Hi-Luxe brands Most of which can be seen throughout the year on on Barneys Website. The Big Names are a who’s who of who is HOT in today’s fashion world: Rick Owens, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Montcler, Proenza Schouler, Balmain, Stutterheim, Hoorsenbuh, Shawn Carter by Hublot, Elder Statesman, T Anthony, Acne, EN Noir, Roc Nation, and Just Don. WOW! That would sure be a fun premiere party to attend!
Some of the pre announced items include: a sleek crisp minimalist back-pack by Balenciaga, an 18 Karat Double Ring from Hoorsenbuh, A Hoodie from Rick Owens and a tailored Jacket from Lanvin. And probably the most extravagant item is a Shawn Carter by Hublot 45 mm watch with Alligator strap, a yellow Gold movement and a “Deployment Buckle” (What is that?) with a cost of $33,900. A polished black ceramic version is also available at $17,900.
Items will be available November 20 – January 3 at Barney’s Flagship stores in NYC, Chicago, Beverly Hills, San Francisco and Boston. With a few items available at Barneys.com prior to November 20th. I’ll be at the Barneys Flagship store on Madison Ave in NYC about 3:00 p.m On Wednesday December 18. I’ll let you know first hand what its like, For sure looking forward to it. (Information and source of most of this information is courtesy of the September 25, 2013 Edition of WWD-Merci Pour Le Tip)
No Sleep Til’ the Finale
Things I learned during 5 Day TV Marathon
I spent Wednesday Thru Sunday During a week in September/October 2013 watching the Breaking Bad Marathon. I stayed awake from 7:00 p.m-2:20 a.m on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday Evening. By the time the BB finale came on Sunday night at 6:00 p.m, I was barely awake, living off fumes of adrenalin. It was quite and experience. Here are some of the things I learned:
- Even though I’ve had a day job for 25 years, I still totally enjoy and being awake during the night. The crisp cool breeze, the dark skies, even the peacefulness of the air around me. As the song goes, I like the Night-Life. And sleeping during the day.
- It’s fun to watch TV with strangers on both Twitter and GetGlue. I especially enjoyed Twitter and the many nice people I met, they not only talked about the show, but where they lived, what they did for a living and if and when they came to Hawaii. It was quite fun. GetGlue was great for earning stickers, I made off with 9 over the 5 day time period and GetGlue is also a great place to find answers to questions about the show and the characters without using Google and getting some sketchy site answering the question, but trying to follow you around w/ an embedded script. (yuk)
- #Hashtags for TV shows work. @signs and #Hashtags work even better. Simplest way to get things going is to just respond to random questions & comments. Although, do beware there are sometimes when you may receive some really wacko comments back-sometimes a bit bizarre. But comes with the territory.
- While watching the shows the second time around, I noticed a lot more flash-backs and flash-forwards. I never really noticed that many of them before, For some reason I thought things were in the present most of the time and I was just “Lost”.
- Here’s a few things I learned about the show that I never knew. I either read them on twitter, the LA times or somewhere on Bing news. I don’t know if they are all true, but I suspect they are. If you have any to add, just put em’ in the comments section at the bottom of the blog. 1. When Walt Kills people he takes on certain personality traits of that person. Gus used to fold a towel, put it under his knees, then throw up. Walt does this exact same thing when his cancer comes back and he needs to throw up. Walt used to drink Crown Royal, then after Hank dies, During the Finale, He orders up the same kind of whiskey that Hank used to drink-Dimple Pinch 2. All the way up until the last season, EVERYONE uses a flip-phone. Where are all the iPhones? And I still love when Saul gives Jessie a phone and he says “Seriously, Hello Kitty!” He gets one of the first smart phones of anyone on any shows and it’s covered with a Hello Kitty cover-too funny.
- Sklyer sure wears a lot of blue. Jessie wears a Steve Aoki T in one episode and a Metal Mulisha T in another episode. His other erratic patterned shirts are hard to tell the brand. And you may have also noticed, he is usually wearing one of his MANY various hoodies. And they are always too big and never fit him very well. But he does own a lot of them. Some plain and some with various patterns and designs. His tattoo on his hand is the same tattoo that I have on my left arm. It was the first tattoo I ever got.. way back in 1988 or 1989-Only difference is mine has a green skull in the circle area, Jessie’s is just like the flash from the wall of the tat shop. Bryan Cranston actually has a REAL Breaking Bad Tattoo (BR) on his ring finger. When characters on the show are supposed to be smoking Ice, they are really smoking Sugar or Blue Rock Candy-But usually they don’t inhale it. If they inhale, it’s typically tobacco.
- Some of my favorite lines include: I am the Danger! Things have gone Nuclear! You can understand my complete lack of chill. Walt..Walt..You need to deal with this..He tried to burn our house down! Mr. White? ..He’s the Devil. We’ve come this far for us .. What’s one more? and of course like I mentioned earlier..Seriously Hello Kitty?
The Finale, Well by the time I got to it, I was only awake via adrenalin and all I was in the mood for was Scarface type blood, guts, guns, explosions and fireworks. So, it was a bit slow for me. I did watch it a few days later and ..yeah, I gotta’ agree with most other posts about the finale..It was pretty well done and they did answer practically all the loose ends.
All in all, it was quite a cultural experience to watch the same show for so many days then the finale. The first time I’ve ever done something like this. Not sure if it will be the last. Depends on the show. I followed this show since the first season, so figured I should try the marathon thing. Other shows, Who knows? If I do I will for sure buy more food prior to it. One day I bought fried chicken because it matched the show and I ate almost all 8 pieces. I realized I hadn’t eaten for the last 17 hours. Not good.