Daily Archives: February 5, 2013
I remember Spring 2012 being the Big time for Lemon Zest and it continued thru Summer 2012. Nectarine seems to be burlbling a bit for about 3 years, maybe this will be it’s time to shine! Everything else including the Lemon and the orange is what colors are going to be in this Spring!
What are the In Fashion Colors for Men Fall 2013 (Milan Show)
And According to WWD the In Fashion Colors for Men for Fall 2013 are:
- Inky Blue
- Forest Green
- Dark Burgundy
- Violet (for real?)
- Muted Tones
I’m still betting on Grey from the 50 Shades of Grey Book, but I suspect since they still havent cast the leading lady, Grey, Slate Grey, Silver, Shadow, Nail and the rest of the shades may have to wait until Fall 2014 or Winter 2015. Then since there are 3 movies, It may be a looong grey few years. Maybe it’s good they threw in the Violet? Although, personally Dark Purple I could do, not sure about Violet.
Since we’re on a Trend spotting adventure, I’ll give you the list of what else is supposed to be HOT for Fall 2013. These are taken directly from the January 14, 2012 WWD newspaper/magazine. Thank you to WWWD for providing us with these insights: (Editorial to the right is all done by Scott Mackenzie at streetzblog.com)
- Statement Coats-Oversize or Slim. (I’m betting on even more military and camo coats, the military will have even more bling and the camo will be in all sorts of far out prints)
- Supercropped Pants-Well Above the ankle (This one I still believe is for only special areas of the country like NYC, Milan and Paris, I don’s see it being a big trend in L.A or Hawaii, except maybe for a few 22 year olds who can get away with the look and keep their “Preppy Nerd” look. Or the NBA stars like D-Wade or Russell Westbrook could pull the look off)
- The new Suit-Slim with even more details, from zip bottoms and paneling to velcro closures. (I personally think the custom and Bespoke custom suit shops will be making a killing over the next 2-3 years, I see triple side pockets, plaid top pockets, great looking sleeve buttons done so nicely they’ll look better than your best Cuff-Links, Skull buttons will be insanely popular! And I really like zippers on expensive suit Jackets-that’s what I’m getting next suit I purchase!)
- Sporty Chic-Sweats inspired silhouettes. (hmm better have ripped abs and combat boots for this one!)
- Top Heavy, with voluminous, round-shouldered tops over slim bottoms (England? The Runway?)
- Oversize collars and hoods, especially in outerwear
- Textured Knits-From herringbone to cables
- English Fabrics-Including Glen Plaids, Micro-Checks, herringbone, Hound-Stooth and Tartans
And completely off the subject, but one of my favorite movie projects has a brand new trailer. It’s just one day old, so let’s get it up quickly on to streetzblog. It’s the newest Fast and the Furious entitled as of now SIX. I’ve had TWO Mitsubishi Lancers because of the F&TF movies, still have a rear spoiler in the “VADER” style on my bucket list! And even though it doesn’t quite make sense to me, I like it how this movie franchise keeps bringing back some of the best stars from the early days like Han (who I am sure died in Fast and The Furious Tokyo Drift and Letty who many thought was dead, but she did show up near the credits in the last movie) Hope they have some Mitsu Lancers and not all those Chevy’s and Humvee’s from the last movie
What are your thoughts for future Trends in color and fashion? Coming up in February TWO new “Hawaii Designs” spotlights. See you on the Streetz!