The BOND MARKETplace
Find Out Bond’s Gear Here Before the Movie premiere on November 9, 2012
It’s a Nice Picturesque Sunday Morning in Hawaii-Trade Winds are blowing just a bit and Sun is Shining perfectly. The Beach is only 10 minutes from my condo, but Sunday mornings are my favorite day to rest my aching feet, eat a tasty breakfast, have a real coffee instead of the instant stuff I just drop into the cup and pour hot water on Mon-Fri, and write. So, before heading to the beach or to the mall (LOL) As you may know I’m still on a shoe probation until December 18? And Now I’m also on a clothes probation until the same date, but man that mall is calling me more than the beach!
Before I do anything, I wanted to let you know all the cool clothes, gadgets and accessories that Daniel Craig will be wearing in the upcoming James Bond “Skyfall” movie. I usually go to the Bond movies and try to figure out what kind of mobile he has or how did he get that suit to fit so perfectly? However, Entertainment Weekly has supplied us with much of what we need to know ahead of time. Here’s the Run-Down on Bond’s new Gear: (Thanks to EntertainmentWeekly)
- Smartphone: Nope not the iPhone5, He’ll be tracking the bad guys on the new Sony Xperia T Android Smartphone. It’s available in Britain right now and the U.S version will arrive just in time for the Holiday’s for those living stateside. I think it will be cool to see how they make it do all sorts of things on the big screen-hopefully it has some of that floating 3-D “action” once it comes out to the general public. Me, personally I think my iPhone 4S is the best smartphone I’ve ever had and I like it so much I don’t even want to take a chance with this or the iPhone5. The 4S just always works and never causes me trouble even with 2163 pictures and 720 songs on it!
- Suit: Now this is where it gets fun! The designer of his suits gave the movie’s production team 60 suits JUST for the Opening Scene! 30 of them for Daniel Craig and 30 for his Stunt Double-I wonder where they are? It would be awesome if they did a contest to win one or auctioned them for charity, that’s quite a lot of suits and Daniel Craig is 5’10 just like me-One can wish! James Bond will be wearing Suits, Tuxes, Shirts, ties and even shoes designed by Tom Ford exclusively. Only his underwear is generic-if you want to know, EW says-he wears the Boxer-Brief in white.
- Sunglasses: YAH! He’s going to be wearing Aviators similar yet different from the Michael Kor’s Aviators I purchased during fashion’s night out. Actually they look a bit like the Prada pair I wanted that night, but were a bit pricey. These of course are designed by Tom Ford and are “Ruthenium Aviator Style Marko Sunglasses” basically the blue-ish grey lens similar to the Prada pair from Fashions Night Out in Honolulu.
- Wrist-Watch: Bond’s still going with the Omega. In this movie he wears two different versions. I think Omega has done a great job marketing the Omega/James Bond Connection through their print ads in GQ. I pretty much have that one implanted in my brain. I personally like the Orange dial style. But when it comes to watches my wrist gets pretty itchy with most everything other than my Krink-NYC-G-Shock. Not quite the GQ or JB look I’d like to achieve, but at least it doesn’t itch. Not to say that the Omega would itch, it’s just a bit pricey for me to take the chance.
- Cuff Links: Now depending on the price of these babies, I think I might need to get a pair. They are black with a silver James Bond Crest on them. The Bond Family crest is very classic, provides the essence of English Aristocracy, and a definite feel of The Old School King Arthur Power vibe. These are also designed by Tom Ford.
You may notice in the trailer above that Daniel Craig (44yearsold) is pretty ripped. I’m sure Men’s Health or Men’s Fitness will let us in on the specifics on his regimen. But if you can’t wait, here are the highlights from the examiner.com:
- Craig Gave Up Smoking and Junk Food
- He cut back on Carbs and Alcohol
- Lifted Heavy Weights Really Fast
- Ate High Quality protein including Chicken, Fish, Eggs and Shakes
- And also consumed lots of vegetables and some fruit
Nothing too earth shattering from the list above. But it’s sticking to it that does the trick. I suspect he also ate 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day instead of 2-3 big ones. I personally try to do a similar regime, however I get way too consumed in projects I work on and totally forget to eat sometimes, that is one of the worst things I could do. But I am working on getting better on that. I also only drink water nowadays.For years I used to chug 2-5 bottles of Gatorade a day! I think changing to water is a pretty big accomplishment for me! Just harder to be “Like Mike” Great Marketing gets me all the time!
Have a nice Week, See you at the Beach…or the Mall!
Posted on October 21, 2012, in clothing and tagged Daniel Craig's Fitness Regimin, get the James Bond look for 2012, James Bond Style, What does James Bond wear in Skyfall. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.