Daily Archives: September 9, 2012
Fun Night throughout Fashion’s Night Out in Honolulu 2012!
I promised you a full report on Thursday September 6, 2012’s Fashion’s Night Out in Honolulu, I didn’t know I would have so much fun it would take me until Sunday to tell you about it. OMG! Here we go, Today’s review of the #FNO streetz will be in thirds: First the Top 7 List with info and pix, a bit of editorial of the event, finishing off with some more Pictures from the night out.
1. Chanel’s Limited Edition Nail Colors 2012: For three year’s straight, I arrive at Fashion’s Night Out and Head straight to Chanel to purchase their 3 set of the HOT new colors before they sell out. The first year I did this I bought the really awesome as Khaki Colors-I prefer to call them the Camo Collection and these were my favorites. The Second year was perfect for my mom, three shades of Blue, her favorite color! This year the 3 colors didn’t do much for me-Plum, Pink and beige. But since it’s a tradition I bought them and they aren’t for me anyways so hopefully my mom will enjoy the colors by the time Christmas comes around. Oh! And I was also able to purchase a special Limited Edition “Super Golden Vegas” which was only available in Vegas. So, I bought all of them as Christmas Presents-sorry I sold out their gold! Get this which is totally crazy, my bill for NAIL POLISH was $199.95 including tax..OMG! but lots of fun, I love being able to nab Limited Editions without having to hit up eBay. I like this Chanel tradition, just hope next year the 3 main colors are better. I pretty much thought they would go with a vamp Purple, a bright Purple and maybe a dull green. That’s the 3 I would have done.
2. Michael Kors Kauai Aviators: The Michael Kors Store was for sure the most fun of the night. It was exciting just to be in there and to feel the vibe. Everyone was super nice and friendly and very enthused to be working on FNO. The store was packed too. They had some drinks and some tasty sparkling water in fancy glasses, but they didn’t even need a DJ to make this place rock! The employees and shoppers supplied all the energy needed. As you know, I’m a sucker for limited edition, so YES, I bought the Limited Edition Golden Aviators. I like to call them “RockStar” aviators-the store calls them Kauai and they also LMK that “They are just like Michael’s”. The store actually had a whole table of offerings specially available for FNO including purses, sunglasses and Ladies T’s. Since The Michael Kors Store was so much fun and I did see them selling a TON of the T’s, that will be number 3 on the Top 10 list. Too bad they don’t do a black version for guys. And BTW: I have my eye on that burnt gold NYC watch they have under lock and key near the register-it was just a bit out of my budget for that night. I think it was $600 or $675. But it has a nice NYC impression on the front and even more detailed art on the backside of NYC. *Michael Kors receives the streetzblog.com award for best store of the night!
3. Michael Kors Limited Edition Fashion’s Night Out female T’s: These had a bit of an 80’s vibe to them and featured the aviators. I saw one lady buying 4 of them!
4. Prada’s Men’s Levitate Shoes: I wrote about these a few days ago and was on a mission to check them out. They have Brogues in Tobacco and Grey/anthracite, a Chelsea boot in black and the pair I tried on at least 3 times at Fashion’s Night out-the black shoe without laces with a high-end velcro closure. All of which come with the Levitate sole which looks real similar to Some Nike Air Max kicks, yet at a closer look, they for sure have a High End designer vibe and attention to detail on the sole-check out the secret “Prada” written in the back of the brogues pictured below. Also pictured are the Limited Edition Black pair with the Velcro. Jacob who works there told me that 10 minutes after we left the store, they sold the only 2 pairs that they had AND we left at 8:50, the store closed at 9:00!!
5. Prosecco: Italian Dry Sparkling Wine similar to Champagne which was available at Prada, Chanel, Uno De 50 and Gucci. Best way to describe it is “It’s crisp, cool, vibrant, tastes and looks expensive, a perfect drink to get someone into more of a purchasing mood”. Prosecco is Made from Glera/Prosecco grapes from Italy. It’s Usually served unmixed or as the main ingredient in a Bellini Cocktail, which is a mixture of Prosseco and Peach Puree orginated in Venice. Back in the day, the Bellini actually had a tad of raspberry or cherry juice in it since Peaches were rare to find at the time. Nowadays, it’s almost always made with Peaches-sometimes even using the more expensive white Peach. (*Thank You to wikipedia for much of this information on the Prosecco Drink).
It was funny, the Prosecco even followed us to our after FNO dinner at Romano’s macaroni Grill-Who would know they’d have it on the menu? The Picture below is the food not the drink. (Chicken and Spaghetti with Lemon, Butter, Capers, Artichokes, and Mushrooms)
6.The BIG Watch:I spotted this on this fashionably dressed woman at Prada, takes her already pretty exquisite outfit up a notch. I’d say it’s even oversized for oversized. And over at Michael Kors I noticed many women trying on pretty BIG gold and silver watches a little smaller yet almost as big as this one. Nordstrom also had many larger watches for women this season, mostly in gold, rose gold and various colors like this one. I don’t know the brand of it..maybe a Nixon? LMK if you know?
7. The “Where’s Waldo” Trend: Remember the 1990’s “Where’s Waldo” books? Where you needed to look through the very intricate scenes to find the guy with the red and white striped shirt? Well, his shirt is now “In-Trend”. I first started noticing people rockin’ the look at this year’s Olympics. I saw them at both the Swimming Events and the Women’s Vollyball matches. Then just last week, the Olympic Gold Winning Women’s Soccer/Football team were wearing the red and white striped tops at their game in upstate NY. I was thinking about writing about the red and white shirts after that game just thinking maybe it was a “sporty” trend, but lo and behold, check out the picture of this girl in a nicely fitting sleek red and white dress, then take a look-see at the next picture with Taylor Swift rockin’ the red and white stripe look at this year’s MTV-VMA’s. By Thanksgiving, I bet you’ll be seeing the malls filled with these striped tops and dresses and by Christmas the mid-west should be wearing the look to High Schools and 20 something bars everywhere.
That’s the Top 7, I was trying for the top 10, but ran out of time-at the event, not writing this. That’s where this short editorial comes into play for the organizers:
- The event was tons of fun, seemed like the most people I’ve seen in the 3 years I’ve been there. I do suggest that the Mall should stay open until 10p or Midnight. By the time I got off from work, I made it there by 630 and 9p came way too soon.
- It seemed more people knew about the even this year than ever before. But many people didn’t know about the event happening. One of my good friends was even there at the mall from 830-930 and just went to sears then ate Ramen, he said he saw no fashionista action anywhere. Maybe put some of the budget into hiring bloggers like me to help promote it next year. I’d also go with hip concert type flyers and posters up around town.
- Now, I’ve been totally positive all night. But here is where I have to say something. The Gift with Purchase! Come on-spend $300 at the mall and get a few bottles of nail polish? Everyone knows that the place to get nail polish on FNO is at Chanel. That’s actually the only brand I buy. I’d much rather receive a Limited Edition shirt with the date and time on it. And Make them special and collectible over the years.
After this paragraph are a few more pictures from tonight’s Blog which is almost a book-3.5 hours later!! There’s got to be a better way to get pictures from an iPhone on to a Blog. And I didn’t even get to the pictures on the SD card. Now, I need a bit of sleep, I have people to see and places to be go on Sunday morning. See you on the streetz and of course next year at Fashion’s Night Out 2013. Upcoming blogs will be on Bobbie Thomas’ top trends for Women, who I saw the next night at AMC and as promised the walterFRENCH featuring Romeo Valentine video with the dope streetzblog mention in it.
Since my favorite colors are Blue and Orange together, here’s a pretty happening dress from Neiman Marcus, This was on the floor that DJ Krazy K was tearing it up with the Big Chicago House Beatz.
I like this next picture of me in the Prada Aviators that match my clothes. It was taken by Marilyn Cariaga from the ARK Marketing Group. And the cool thing about it is it has ZERO effects on it, not even instagram, yet it looks pretty tricked out. about all it has is the HDR setting on the iPhone and a great photographer.
Thank You to Marilyn for hanging out with me at Fashion’s Night Out 2012. Looking pretty fashionable in the Michael Kors RockStar Aviators with the special limited Edition “Super GoldenVegas” Nail Polish from Chanel.
And proof that we were there..