Daily Archives: February 4, 2012
Streetzblog.com Predictionz Men’s Fashion 2012
I’m going to go all out and provide you with a list of what to watch for and Wear if you want to in 2012. This list is being published on Friday February 3rd, 2012 and I won’t go back into it to change it, when I see something new and exciting it will be on a newer blog. This will stay as is and we can look back at it on February 3rd 2013. Everything listed is either something I’ve seen in person, read about on the net or in a mag or I just plain made up. It’s really just a free-flowing list and I can’t really credit any one source, other than what’s going on in my mind in regards to fashion as of today. I Hope you enjoy it and that you have a great 2012!
1.Sandblasted and Totally Distressed Denim Jeans: Industrial carpentry tools like sandblasters, Nail Guns, Rickety saws, scrapers, varied bladed scissors will all be used to make your jeans even more distressed than ever before. Dark Greys, deep blues and light blue with a yellow/orange tinge will be the colors du jour. Also, the hippest Jean companies will employ street and gallery artists to add even more layers, intricate patterns and tweaks to the most expensive Jean brands.
2. White Painter Overalls from the 80’s: This is going to be harder to pull off for everyone, but I can already picture someone like Justin Beiber wearing the blazing white Painter overalls from the 80’s with a pair of bright patent red hi-top kicks. Note: We wore these overalls in the 80’s with one arm done and one arm un-done and we wore the cheap, yet very durable overalls that the real painters bought. So don’t over pay for your pair of bright white overalls! Maybe by the end of Summer, We’ll all start coloring them in with spray paint and graffiti to get that special one of a kind look. For now, they will look best in all WHITE.
3. Suit Jackets: These will continue to stay short, just about waist length. This trend will become more mainstream and not just for the hipsters. Dark Blue, slate Grey and Black in various textures with wool still leading the way. Subtle patterns will set you apart and bring out that special swag to your look. Pocket squares will continue to become bigger and bigger. Go with the crisp white perfect square if you can or get a nice electric blue and just stuff it into your black suit pocket.
4. Color: Two trends here. First the combination of monochromatic hues/various shades of the similar color. Take grey for instance-light grey T, darker grey long sleeve T- shirt, slate grey jeans or chinos cuffed fairly high of course, with grey almost white socks that the world can see, all while rockin’ retro cool grey J’s. Second trend is wearing black, grey or midnight blue, then adding in a bright electric blue pocket square, flourescent Green socks, bright orange kicks or an aqua watch. Basically, dull all over with one or two pieces banging out a “splash of bright color”.
5. Shoes: I personally like the high top black or cordovan brogues with white crepe soles. if you want to go bolder check out the trend of patent green or yellow suede creepers. I think Men will continue from where we left off in 2011 with more and more daring colors, shapes and designs. This will be a good year to rock shoes you’ve always thought were for the future. For Kicks, we have Jordan 4’s and 10’s to look forward to and the Nike Air Yeezy 2’s will finally make it to your feet in either May or September of this year. With all of the crazy shoes coming out, I know this sounds silly but some will go the opposite way and Rock simple Cons, Keds, ol’ school Pumas, Pony’s and one star cons. Hey-go ahead rock some simple black converse and like your clothes add a pair of flo green, orange or bright blue laces to them to ad that “splash of color” that we were just talking about in the color/clothes department. Note: as you can see below, I personally like to cuff my right foot higher than my left. The other look I personally like is different colored shoe laces on my right and left foot.
6. Also HOT: Hair cuts that are short and perfect. one-two day old beard stubble everywhere but not on the chin. Plaid will continue to go big, bright and bold-wear it as long as it’s HOT. I really dislike the word “manbag”, but with all the stuff we gotta’ carry around all day-the days of plastic bags and brief cases are so over. Thus, Biker bags in exotic leathers, big gym bags, sleek black bags are going to go off! I’m trying my best to come up with a new design to sell that looks Good, yet does not look like a plastic bag or a “manbag”. my latest sketches are getting close-hopefully I can find someone to make them and they can become trendy in Summer or Fall 2012. And I don’t really like these colors, but I can’t seem to not see them on blogs and mags whether it be clothes or shoes-khaki, white, burnt orange, clay-basically earth tones-but you won’t catch me wearing this. Me-I stick to black, slate grey, and dark blues. You-Wear whatever you feel good in and are most comfortable wearing. with all of this said, my favorite trend for you or for me-is whatever makes you feel good, is comfortable, affordable and just plain makes you happy to put on! Have a nice weekend and a great year!
Note: One trend I totally dislike right now is not being allowed to nab photos as easy as it was in 2011. I figure as long as I credit them, they should be fair game. but for this article – I downloaded 8 pictures and only 1 was allowed to go on this blog. For now, I don’t like this trend, but hey-it might be good-it will get me out and about more taking real pictures instead of finding them on the web. I’ll let you know how it goes over the next few months. Until then-“Rock what you want and don’t worry about your age, height, weight or ethnicity -you and I only live once, so let’s wear what we like”. Cheers and Aloha! SM
Direct from the streetz of the Pantone Fashion Color Report Spring 2012! The Colors that will be Dazzling your wardrobe in the next few months will be…
Similar to the women’s palette, men’s hues take a bright and playful approach to spring 2012, with yellow and orange continuing to make a statement. Brave, bold colors like Tangerine Tango and Solar Power are the perfect confidence boosters. Combine them with Sodalite Blue for a more balanced look, or weave in warm neutral Starfish for a safer, more subdued look.
Spring and summer naturally evoke feelings of calm ocean waters and tranquil beach vacations. Vivid Hawaiian Ocean adds sparkle to any attire. Pair it with Dazzling Blue to lift basic blues to new heights.
Vintage Khaki, a timeless yet quintessential classic, is best paired with Granita, a full-bodied and robust deep red.
Breezy Tradewinds creates the perfect combination for spring with Dazzling Blue and Grass Green. This sporty yet classic golf green is sure to be a hit in active sportswear.
The colors listed above and the article has been aggregated from the pantone.com website, for more information on colors for Spring and additonal information: click here