Monthly Archives: December 2011
Streetzblog.com Fun and Festive Day at Bryant Park NYC
Streetzblog.com Dateline: Tuesday December 20, 2011.
During December Bryant Park transforms to a specialty shop outdoor mall complete with a Pop-Up restaurant, bright blue Astroturf and an outdoor ice skating rink. And each year when I visit NYC, I make it a point to stop by and enjoy the Holiday Cheer at this special place. Here are some of the highlights of this year’s festivities at B-Park with streetzblog.com.
I don’t know the exact number of little red booths at Bryant Park, but I know there are a lot and it’s really funny how they are named. Some are either named with very creative names and the others are named with names that say exactly what they sell. It’s quite amusing to me.
Here are some of the Creative names:Metal Park-sells Predator, Alien and Star Wars statues with exquisite details Scent in a Basket-Colorful fake pieces of fruit that have delicious scents Miss Tea-exotic and local teas Ooh LaLa and Handsome Howard-Not sure just liked the names
And Here are the names of places that are called exactly what they sell:Made From Coins-Things made by Coins Pottery Lady-Pottery done by a Lady Creative Letter Art-Signs with creative Letters (Custom made on the Spot)
Additional Fun from Bryant Park included:Animated Closet sells clothing with animated animals on them. The Boxer Briefs were especially well named. They were underpants similar to what CK sells, but where your ding ding is located, they had a picture of a Boxer-DOG on them. Get it Boxer Briefs. Some more fun naming. This Bryant Park place just plain has some of the greatest names and plainest names in the World! The Skating Rink: Remember who lame the rented skates used to look, well at this rink they rent you nice grey hipster skates that look and feel good enough to actually own and use. Celsius Restaurant: Looks like a portable restaurant, comes complete with Heat lamps at your table, coffee, tea, snacks and even BEER! along with the best view of the skaters in a nice comfy setting. Ask to be seated in the luxury couches, they rock, pretty much like being at a nice club in the middle of a park!
A few places to hit up before or after Bryant Park:
Around the World Magazine Store: For a street style, fashion, kicks blogger, this place is like Heaven. Fashion magazines from every part of the world. They have some of the more expensive yet extremely new mags like the InTrend for $80, other business and street clothing mags for $70, and the New SportsWear International for just $17. But it’s in the back-end of the store that hides their secret ingredients. They have a magazine I’ve never seen before entitled Chic Men which looks and feels just like the pricey mags for just $20, they have tons of books on fashion, How to draw like a fashionista, Graffiti, Graphics, and design books all of which I’ve never seen in any Barnes and Noble. And for me the best part is they have older issues of fashion mags for just $2-$7. They might be a bit old, but the contents are still 2-3 years ahead of most of what Hawaii wears, thus Rockin’ Great Store!
48-39th Street Barbers/Near 6th Avenue/Ave of the Americas: Kind of a secret place, Haircuts are just $2, and since it’s a learning center, they take their time and do it right. Usually it takes my barber about 15 minutes to cut my hair, these guys made nice pointy sideburns, short on the sides, nice up top and a little style and flair on the back and they were very careful and delightful to get it all done perfectly. $2 and half hour later, I had myself a $72 looking haircut. (Actually I tipped them and gave them each $15, so it was $32 later) Say Hi to Mike and Juan if you can find it. If you can’t just text me. Or walk a couple of miles to Astor Place-they also cut hair really well in NYC, but they do it really quick, but it does always look good. I kind of liked the leisurely cut and style, just missed the smell of the Club Man scent at Astor Place.
1. Atrium on Broadway in Soho: Has a brand New Shoe section in the back with lots of HOT street brands. But beware, don’t get too excited when you see something you like, they have a very limited supply of sizes. I asked for a 9.5 or a 10 and he brought out a size 11. Aaah..I don’t quite think that will work! Trendy item of the week at Atrium: “Naked and Famous” Raw Denim from Japan GLOW IN THE DARK Jeans. About $250. These need to be charged with a light source then they are guaranteed to glow. Would be fun to wear to a club or two.
2. Fun Shirt at Urban Outfitters: “If I came back as a Zombie, I’m eating you First”. They also have Spam Mints and Bacon Flavored Candy Canes.
3. Flight Club NYC: I went here with a couple of people, the line was 20 deep with people purchasing items. And the two people I was with both bought a pair of hard to find mint condition kicks. I also liked that a few pairs that I have lying around the house NIB have gone up about $100 since last year at this exact same time. Note: You can also buy from these guys on-line, it’s the same place I bought my Flo-Green Statue of Liberty Limited Edition Dunk SB’s.
4. Hot brands at Bloomingdale’s: Lots of new and exiting designers have been put in from the rennovation of the Uptown store. Here’s a short sampling of a few of them:
Drykorn for Beautiful People-Really nice Jackets ala’ HTMIIA
Red Collar Project: Cool T’s
Warriors of Sadness: Shirts and T’s
Officine Creative: NiceStreet shoes and boots at uptown prices
5. UNIQLO-Uptown-Flagsip Store-NYC (5th Ave at 53rd Street): Hi-Tech-HEATTECH Clothing: this is a must have if it’s cold outside. Really thin long and short underwear that keeps me warm! On sale now for very inexpensive prices of $9.90-$12.90. piece have Heat Generation, Heat Retention, Anti-Odor, Odor Control, Stetchable Comfort, Quick Dry, Anti-Static and Non deforming properties. I bought a thin black pair of long johns and a thin black long sleeve shirt and I havnt been cold since. And since they are so thin, no one even knows I have them on, not even me! a far cry from that thick yucky long underwear of 10-20 years ago. Get em’ now while they’re really inexpensive!
6. The Ugly Christmas Sweater Pub Crawl: I have never seen so many ugly Christmas sweaters, why do they even make these things, do people really think they look good? Maybe Uniqlo could make some hipster versions? anyways they did this pub crawl on Saturday-it started at Noon at the Village Pourhouse. more info at pubcrawls.com
And as always, Here’s a picture of my kicks in NYC. These are very comfortable calfskin black leather with light weight wedge sole Grenson FRED V’s from Barney’s NYC.
I like to be positive whenever I write a streetzblog, but I gotta’ tell you right now, writing a blog in NYC is very frustrating, the internet and the phone goes out about every 10 minutes out here. I really don’t know how people communicate here. I suspect they text most of the time. So, I will write this up, but it may get jagged, because the internet keeps going on and off both yesterday and today. Staying positive, I’m doing my best to hook you up w/ the action on the streetz of NYC Dec 2011 and the Streetz are blazing this year!
I’ll write quick and edit it more later when the connection is better, here goes for Saturday December 16, 2011:1. Premium Laces on Spring Near Lafayette. Kicks galore, but don’t let what you see on the wall tell the whole story. when the guys working there were having fun playing mini baseball, I saw some crisp new Cements in the back. Just ask and you may find your Holy Grail at this store!! I was out of money at the time, hopefully i wasn’t dreaming and they’ll have some “CRIPS” when I go back. 2. Kid Robot: you’ve probably seen the logo, the T’s and the Toys. But it’s the store where all the fun is really at! I spent about 30 minutes here just having fun. We answered a trivia question and won a limited edition kidrobot vs Adult Swim mini toy, I bought a few “surprise” boxes, and the limited Edition SkullCandy VS KidRobot headphones are to die for. What a fun time, even if you don’t spend a dime here, it’s a fun place to hang. BTW I spent and got some really cool KR logo’d bags too. 3. 82 Mercer-Pop up Store with Yelp:This place was so much fun! It was just a two-day pop up store, but extremely entertaining. They had 35 local Soho and Brooklyn based booths. Free Cocoa when I walked in, then free pop chips with a toss and win game. I bought a pretend butterfly in jar that looks super real. It flutters around in the jar just like it’s stuck in the jar. So cool! I also bought a jar of liquid coffee brewed like a fine wine. You just mix the liquid coffee with water and voila – Killer coffee in seconds. Here’s the picture of the liquid coffee Concentrate bottle: The 82 Mercer-Pop-Up-Store also had a really fun Custom T-Shirt Booth. It was very, actually lets say VERY,VERY Old School, Yet pretty contemporary with the shirts it outputted. Basically you could choose a design or a few designs to customize your shirt. then the man spread the paint down, then took a really heavy plate and placed it on the shirt. then He put it on a table with an old looking metal crank and he hand cranked the plate and paint on to the shirt. Was pretty cool and a fun experience. Here’s a picture of the shirt making contraption from drivebypress.com My favorite part about the 82 Mercer Street Pop Up store was the B.GOLD clothing release Party in the back. I had a great time talking to the Posse of the designer and goofing around with them. I hooked them up with a couple of Starbecks shirts and they really liked them. I tried to buy a couple of things, but most was too cold weather. but i will order something from them later on. They have really nice clothes for guys that are extremely detailed. They also had free beer, free shots of vodka, free meatballs and free mix tapes. Along with a DJ who played everything from Jay-Z to Rihanna to Swedish House Mafia. Great Time all the way! Thanks for the fun time! Here’s a picture of the vodka bottle withe a blue neon scrolling sign embedded on it. WOW! Awesome! These bottles were on the table at the B.GOLD clothign line party. the Neon sign scrolled across the bottle. Was really Cool. And before I even knew I was going to their party, I put one of my stickers near their poster in a real “Phone Booth” Who would have thunk, I would end up having such a good time with the B. GOLD Crew!! Also, thanks to Yelp for putting on the party!
Swedish House Mafia Was on Fire! 12/16/11
That was the most incredible show I’ve seen in 10 years! I’ve seen Knicks games at Madison Square Garden and I thought those were good. Swedish House Mafia was so HOT – Madison Square Garden almost Burnt to a Crisp tonite. In 1996 I saw Daft Punk at the Hammerstein Ballroom and it was super fun, this was like that but on mega Steroids! My favorite parts were the live vocals on “Miami 2 Ibiza” with Tini Tempie belting out the rap with style and Swagger. then John Martin came out looking extremely stylish in a sweet Suit tall and lean with major stage presence when he sang “Save The World”. Wow! at the beginning of the night I was barely swaying, 3 songs in and I couldn’t stop dancing. Every single tune they played was Amazing!
Fashion notes: fun colorful T’s were the wardrobe-“Don’t ask me for Drugs” “She’s with the 3 of us” “Dont ask Dont ask” and tour shirts like the brightly colored Full Moon Party Fiji and a bunch of Tiesto and Guetta shirts. And I sure did notice a bunch of bright greenish-yellow shirts in the audience and when the lights went on them, they lit up like brightly lit Christmas trees. I think they were given out free which gives me the hint that a DVD should be on the way. Why not, the crowd was going insane, packed house jacking to every tune and the aesthetics of the light show down to the bright shirts, say to me DVD!
I told someone it was a totally killer show and they said ” aaah it was just like a rave” I was like when have you ever been to a rave when every song is awesome, then the questionable face came up. Yep, this wasnt just a rave it was no stop, always a good tune banging good time!
Here’s a quick snippet of the show from where I was checking it out, sorry I was dancing most of the time. I’m sure there’s more vids elsewhere on the web, but this shows the power, the Presence and awesomeness of the night. Actually my video wont load tonite, so I got you my favorite song by SHM, it’s a great Video:
Thank you to Mufasa’s Revenge for the Set list.
1. Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso feat. Michael Feiner – Together (The Attic Intro Edit) w/ ID
2. Michael Calfan – Resurrection (Axwell’s Recut Club Version) w/ Axwell feat. Steve Edwards – Watch The Sunrise (Acappella)
3. Nari & Milani – Atom
4. David Guetta & Afrojack – Lunar
5. Deniz Koyu – Hydra w/ Adele – Set Fire To The Rain (Thomas Gold Remix)
6. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso – Calling (Instrumental Mix)
7. Feenixpawl & Ivan Gough feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind
8. Deniz Koyu – Tung! w/ Calvin Harris – Feel So Close
9. Niki & The Dove – Mother Protect (Alex Metric Remix) w/ Afrojack – Replica
10. Axwell – Heart Is King w/ R.E.M – Losing My Religion (Acappella) w/ Ferry Corsten – Punk (Arty ‘Rock-N-Rolla’ Remix)
11. James Blunt – Dangerous (Deniz Koyu & Johan Wedel Remix) (Axwell Edit)
12. Deniz Koyu – Hertz w/ Cassius – I Love U So
13. Michael Woods – Bullet w/ Nero – Promises (Calvin Harris Remix)
14. Pendulum – The Island (Steve Angello, AN21 & Max Vangeli Remix) w/ R3hab & Swanky Tunes feat. Max C – Sending My Love
15. Arty, Matisse & Sadko – Trio
16. Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects feat. Erik Hecht – Walking Alone w/ Swedish House Mafia vs. Tinie Tempah – Miami 2 Ibiza (Live Vocals) w/ Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects feat. Erik Hecht – Walking Alone (Acappella)
17. Swedish House Mafia vs. Knife Party – Antidote (Vocal Mix)
18. Tommy Trash – The End w/ Florence and The Machine – You’ve Got The Love (Mark Knight Remix) w/ Swedish House Mafia – One
19. Axwell feat. Errol Reid – Nothing But Love (Remode Mix) w/ Arty – Around The World
20. Steve Angello – Yeah
21. John Dahlback feat. Erik Hassle – One Last Ride (Tommy Trash Remix)
22. Diddy, Dirty Money feat. Skylar Grey – Coming Home (Dirty South Remix) w/ Daft Punk – Aerodynamic w/ Hard Rock Sofa – Quasar
23. Nadia Ali, Alex Kenji & Starkillers – Pressure (Alesso Remix) w/ Coldplay – Fix You
24. Coldplay vs. Swedish House Mafia – Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
25. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Save The World (Original vs. Knife Party Remix) (Live Vocals)
26. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix) w/ Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime (Axwell & Henrik B Remode)
27. Steve Angello, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso & Laidback Luke feat. Deborah Cox – Leave The World Behind (Acappella) w/ DEVolution feat. Amy Pearson – Good Love (Alesso Remix) w/ Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero Remix)
28. Steve Angello & Laidback Luke vs. Robin S – Show Me Love w/ Axwell feat. Max C – I Found U w/ Steve Angello – Knas
Billabong Pipe Masters: December 10, 2012: So Finally after many, many years the finals for the Big Pipeline Surfing contest occurred on a SATURDAY,which means I didn’t have to work, thus I was not going to miss this one! Typically they do the contest when the waves are the best and most of the time they’re on Weekdays. I woke up Saturday at 4:55 AM without an Alarm clock, slammed down a mini pack of Powdered instant Starbucks, grabbed my pre-packed bag of goods and headed out the door. It was simple, I put some tunes in, drove for about an hour and parked right across the street from the big meet. Totally Awesome! No driving or parking hassles at all!
The Styles and Fashions at the Pipe Contest 2011:
There are many sites on the net that talk about the surf action and I usually talk about shoes, clothes and Street-Wear, so I’ll touch on the surfing but mainly talk about the happening culture vibes from the contest.
First off, After seeing so many plaids and flannels at the Surfing Poll, I kept noticing even more and more plaids and flannels at the surf meet. Even I had on a dark grey and black flannel plaid shirt-on the beach! Although it was truly pretty cold at 630AM. Both the guys and the gals had flannels on or fun T’s. The two best T’s I noticed were: #1 a shirt that was black with white lettering that looked EXACTLY like a Sony logo’ed shirt,but it said STONEY. The Fun Surfer guys who spotted it were so funny and said “Wow Dude that is so Classic, Stony, Stoney..aaahhhh-Hah, way cool, awesome dude” That was what the surfer said word for word. I wrote it down immediatly it was so perfect! It was Almost like being in “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” . #2 The Second shirt I thought was pretty happening said “FILLABONG” this was funny in a couple ways, nice play on words and pretty funny since Billabong was the main sponsor of the Pipeline Masters Contest.
The Pro Surfers this year wore colorful horizontally striped shorts that were super thin and dried really quick. This was pretty different from years before. Mainly because about 85% of them had similar shorts. Many times they wear lots of different gear. And after a couple years of the companies trying to get us to wear shorts above the knee (YUCK) the surfers and the beach goers are now back to shorts at the knee or below. (YAH!)
A bit about the Contest:
On Friday local phenom John John Florence was up against Kelly Slater and he beat him. Kelly went on to win another heat later in the day, which set up the round of the day on Saturday-the re-match of Kelly Slater vs John John Florence. From the look on the beach it seemed that John John was rippin’ it up and kickin’ Kellys behind. Kelly was even comboe’d-meaning that Kelly needed TWO not ONE good score to beat him. Kelly got one then with a few minutes left he got another. But from the vibe on the beach it still seamed the John John was going to win. But Kelly won by just a smidgin and went on to surf against Auzzie Joel Parkinson. this is where it got worse, because John John and Kelly were the ones we all came to watch and in this heat Parko beat Kelly. Which set up the finals for two “who cares about surfers” and many on the beach went home. it was still quite an exciting day in the surf with a ton of tubes and exciting rides. It’s just the coolest surfers didn’t win. And I really dig hype and was truly hoping for Kelly or John John to make it to the finals, but you know the super bowl usually has some pretty dumb teams in it too, but it’s still exciting and the two surfers that came in first and second did deserve to be there.
Fun things to do at the event:
Lindsay Lohan and her sister-Ali were at the event watching from one of the fun houses along the beach!Lindsay was looking pretty HOT but her sister looked extremely skinny! One booth had free Rockstar Energy Drinks and some motorized surfboard company was giving away really nice soft free t-shirts. And it was also nice to be able to sit out in the sun for the day.
After Jaime O’Brien lost his heat, he got on the mic and was super cool and invited us all down to his house for a dance party. So, since we’ve always wanted to go into the Volcom house but can’t seem to get by the security guards, this seemed like a great idea. It Turned out to be pretty cool. The house next to him had a 70’s type band winding down with their last three songs. then Jaime O’Brien’s house went off with some killer Dubstep and Techno which soon transformed into lots of hip hop with Ludacris, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne. We sat on the beach next to all the hot girls who started to show up..nope not in bikinis, but beach clothes that looked extremely similar to club clothes-all trying to get into the various parties up and down the beach. Within an hour after the contest, the dance party was still going on inside Jaime’s house and outside on the beach with over 500 people there-mostly hot looking babes and some pro surfers, skaters and Scensters. It really was a lot of fun. we stayed for few hours then headed back to the City.
Funniest Line I heard all day:
Surfer one says to surfer two: “Hey What you doing today” Surfer two says to to surfer one: “Aah Just Chillin’ like Bob Dylan” It was so out of the blue, yet totally funny, but the two seemed to think it was pretty normal. Me I barely know who Bob Dylan is and I don’t particularly like his music much, so how do a couple 22 year olds know about him and think he’s cool. Was weird, yet very fun to hear!
The Winners of the Contest:
John John Florence won the Van’s Triple Crown of surfing!!!
The Top 8 winners at the Billabong Pipe Masters were:
John John Florence
Here’s a couple of pictures of Lindsay Lohan on the North Shore the day after the Pipe Masters-Sunday December 11, 2011:
To get the Pipe, Sunset, Haleiwa and even the Triple Crown Gear click here.
And here’s a picture of the shirt I got. I went to the Reef Hawaiian Pro but the waves weren’t good enough that day for the event, but I like grey and black, so this is the shirt I bought, kinda wish it was a Pipeline shirt, but it’s super comfortable and the colors are great.
I spend most of my year in Hawaii, although this year I’ve been lucky enough to go to L.A and Seattle and in about a week I head to NYC then over to Chicago. And since I grew up in Chicago, it totally freaks me out when I see people in Hawaii wearing winter coats! Just today as I walked to work from my parking structure, I saw TWO different girls dressing like it was 34 degrees outside. The first girl had a full-blown red Down Jacket WITH Hood and it was totally zipped up. The Second Girl was even more bundled up wearing a long black jacket down to her knees buttoned up and Yes, She also had a hood and Yes, she had it on over her head!!! If you’re reading this from anywhere else in the world you must be thinking WTF! like me! It’s like 76 degrees outside. I was in too much of a hurry to get to work, but this is similar to what one of the girls was wearing:
I guess all I can say is cold weather is all relative to wear you live. Cold at 76 degrees? Me, I don’t really mind 35 degrees on up. When it gets to 17 degrees that is not fun for me! Well, now on to another subject. Last night I was prett over worked and the too lazy to post a blog so I tweeted pretty quickly about the fashions at the 2011 Surfer Poll. The Surfer Poll hosted by Freddie P and Sal M took place last night at the Turtle Bay Hotel on the North Shore. Now, here’s a couple of sample shots of what most of the pro surfers were wearing. Almost all of them had either bright plaid or dark plaid. and most shirts weren’t flannel, More of a nice soft cotton variety.
Here’ another shot of the hipster plaid look that seems to be pretty in right about now. (“The Funk Soul Brother, Right about now”: Fat Boy Slim)
And here’s a picture of a shirt similar to what the great Kelly Slater was wearing last night:
My sister actually bought be a knock off of this designer dud at Target the other day. I’ve actually gotten a few great looking plaids over at Target. Check out the Missoni and Meroni Brands. I especially like the feel and long-lasting material that the Missoni’s are made from. I have a Missoni in an untraditional plaid of Orange, Blue, Black and White. And my Missoni is Dark grey and black similar to the look as seen above.
BTW: My favorite surfer to watch in the Ocean is John John Florence with Kelly Slater coming in a close second. John John was wearing a pretty nice black suit with black shirt and dark jeans. Looks like he’s gearing up for BIG things to come. Right now, he’s surfing the best in the WORLD! He came in 5th in Haleiwa, 1st at Sunset and Today he totally went off!!! at Pipe! He even received the first score of a perfect 10 today at Pipeline! Hope the finals are John John vs Kelly Slater-that would be killer.
And since I’m going to the mainland soon and I have a new iPhone, I ‘ve been seeing a lot of these gloves in the mags. Fingerless, usually made of wool. Some have some pretty cool stripes and colors mixed in with the all black gloves. Here’s a couple of examples of what I’ve been seeing in the magazines. I’ll let you know if I actually see them in the Streetz of NYC or Chicago.
And to finish tonight’s post off, I leave you with a pretty happening piece of Jordan jewelry. Me, I like it, but I’m saving up for the Air Jordan 11 Concords set to drop on December 23rd 2011. See you in the line-up, probably somewhere in Chicago! Text me if you’re there and we can chat about what’s happening in your city for the holidays. My text number is 808 479 9928.
Hot on the Holiday Streetz-120511
1. Jordans are always HOT for the Holidays. But these babies aren’t due to release until February 2012. I’ll be making a trip to NYC and Chicago in Mid December. I’ll let you know if I spot any on anyone or if some of the secret shops have em’. The next big December release are the Jordan Retro 11 Concords (Pictured below courtesy of Hypebeast. somewhere around December 23rd depending on where you live. A friend of mine from San Fran said he’d keep a pair on ice for me on these, we’ll see..Cause I know they will be a hard one to get at price.
Hot on the Holiday Streetz-Female Hotness
1. Rhinestone Headphones/black with Silver Star: Gojane.com $34 or special holiday price right now at 20% off for just $27.20. Or check out my friends over at Custom Rhinestone Clothing. They can hook you up with anything and everything under the “Hawaiian” Sun with rhinestones. I’m getting my niece some nice gear for Christmas from them.
2. The Hunger Game Collector’s Gift Pack: These are the books not the movie. But the movie is one of the most anticipated of the Holiday Season. Get a glimpse of what all the fuss is about by speed reading through these books. Barnes and Noble $30 or special Holiday Haul price of $27 at seventeen.com/holidayhaul Personally I do not know how anyone can do so much internet shopping and not run into crazy credit card debt. but It’s you doing the shopping not me on these websites. Me I’d rather pay cash and shop in person. Save my Credit Card for trips and Hotel rooms.. and of course baggage fees.
3. Lady Ga Ga Holographic nail Polish: It comes with two colors to give your nails a “real” Holigraphic effect. I gotta’ see it to believe this one. Available for a very limited time at barneys.com or at the Barneys NYC store.
4. Custom iPhone Cases: I had one of these done with my DJ art. It was really easy, I just uploaded the art, centered it to how I liked it and within 4 days they mailed it to me. You can make practically any type of picture or logo on your case. Cases are available 24/7 at case-mate.com I’m pretty sure I paid about $34 and yes, I did put this on my credit card, but it was worth it. TIP: Sign up for their newsletter! Over the weekend I received an electronic coupon good for 25% off my next purchase. Sweet!
5. Cake-Pop Maker: For the last two year’s all I kept seeing in NYC and Chicago were cupcakes, lately I’ve been seeing these mini cake with icing pops in Hawaii. Now you can make them yourself with the Daily Grommet Babycakes Cake Pop Mini treat Maker. $30 or get the Holiday Haul price of $25.50 at seventeen.com/holidayhaul
6. New Balance Custom Sneakers: Seems everyone is getting into the custom game. For customs these come with a pretty reasonable price tag too. $115 at shopnewbalance.com
If you’re in NYC and going to Swedish House Mafia at Madison Square Garden-give me a text and we can get together and talk about what’s hot on the streetz where you live. I’ll be doing Streetzblog.com interviews throughout the SHM night. Text me at 808 479 9928 if you want to be in the Special Edition SHM at MSG-What’s hot fashion wise at the concert edition coming out on Saturday December 17, 2011. I’ll get us a vid too of the Song of Fall 2011-Save the World by Swedish House Mafia. BTW check out the Knife party remix of Save the World-It has some killer Dubstep riffs in it.