First off-Man did time fly or what? The final Season of Entourage is over and so is this season of True Blood. I thought I would have time to give up my HBO for a month or two to save a few bucks. But, Wow! no ways! “How To Make it in America” Season Two Debuts next week Sunday October 2nd. When I posted their first vid for the new season I had no idea it would be here this quickly. by the looks of the Vid, it seems that Ben and Cam actually have a Store called “Crisp”, that sounds pretty quick from one pair of jeans to a store, but they must have been hustling all Summer long. If you watch the first of this year’s season LMK what you think? I know lots of people didn’t even know the show existed last year and I for one am glad its back. You can also check out Season 1 on HBO On-Demand. I’ll be watching HTMIIA live Hawaii time on twitter #howtomakeit join me if you get a chance!
Now on to various HOT-NESS. This isn’t from any website or magazine. It’s just a random list of what I’ve been noticing around town in Honolulu of what’s HOT NOW and seems to be trending.
1. Black, Flourescent Green and bright Purple
2. Shuffle Crews at Raves
3. More and more designer Kicks on HPU students than ever before. When I walk to work in the morning the HPU students used to wear lots of generic lookin’ lameness, but this year they’ve stepped up their game big time!
4. The fashion Laces: No shoelaces, Kicks with bright shoe laces and sneaks with different colored laces on the left and on the right.
5. Retro Aloha Shirts: Prints ala’ Magnum P.I and even earlier looks from the orignal Hawaii Five-0 days.
6. Watching TV on Twitter with friends and strangers
7. Red Headphone Cords: About 10 years or so ago the Hipsters on the Subway all wore the white earbuds and that told everyone that they were cool and were also rocking an iPod, not just some generic mp3 player. Soon after the white earbuds became the norm. Nowadays I’m noticing the “hipper” peeps using the red cord that comes with the Beatz By Dre Headphones. So Just so you know, the red ones mean you have a nice pair of $300 headphones and you are cool. And from the sales numbers that are huge and keep soaring, these expensive yet awesome headphones may soon become the “norm”.
8. Work Boots-Mainly Reddish Brown for this Fall..well not actually in HI yet..it took uggs about 8 years before I saw them on people in Waikiki. But I gotta include work boots because I’ve been seeing them everywhere else I look.
What are you seeing in the streetz where you live? or on the net or mags? What’s Hot Where you at? LMK
Coming Soon to streetzblog.com-Some of the best Kicks for Halloween! oh Yeah! My favorite Holiday is almost here.
Hit me up on the comments section or email me at: Alohabros@gmail.com Have a nice weekend!
Posted on September 23, 2011, in clothing, Cool, Hawaii, HOT TREND ALERT, KICKS, Rave Culture, Streetwear, Streetz STYLE and tagged HBO, HOT-NESS, How to Make it in America Season 2, KIcks, What's Hot Now. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.