Rita Ora x Adidas
I’m not going to write much, just going to show pictures of Rita Ora x Adidas, and a couple pix from the Terry Richardson photo shoot. I just like the vibe and the styling of both. And am taking a break from a very time consuming blog post I have in my draft section. Enjoy!
See you on the streetz of many Halloween events and parties. And hopefully at the beach on Sunday, If I can wake up and get out of the house!
Carbs at Chanel…Really?
Actress India Muenez (Something in the Air, Mall and the upcoming Pretty in Green) wore this Bagel Bag to a big time star-studded Chanel No. 5 dinner in NYC. Bagels are a pretty fattening carb loaded breakfast food, that would probably not be consumed on a Chanel Model’s diet. Although it could have been since Chanel did do the Grocery Store Runway Show during Paris Fashion Week for the Fall 2014 collection.
Turns out it’s a knock off. Or to keep it safe or politically correct, Canadian Artist’s Chloe Wise calls it a part of an ongoing Sculpture Series. I guess that’s how people get away with a knock off nowadays, they call it art. After a bit of internet searching, turns out this piece is actually entitled Bagel No. 5. India modeled the bag for C. Wise in a fake ad that went with the sculpture at a gallery showing. India mentioned to the artist that she was going to a Chanel dinner party and asked to borrow the cheeky breakfast bag. Of course the artist said Yes. I’d say, Quite a great way to get a ton of free publicity.
And since Moschino made all the McDonald’s inspired bags and phone cases in 2014, people probably thought it was a real Chanel piece. Would you wear it? Do you think it’s a knock-off? Is it cool to call it a piece of art? I wonder if it’s on sale now at Canal Street near Chinatown in NYC. Hmm.
How bout’ the Moschino McDonald’s Gear? Would you rock these looks? Do you have friends who have these pieces? Or have you seen these on the streetz? I saw an actual McDonald’s worker talking on her phone with the expensive Moschino McDonald’s case way out in the suburbs of Waukegan, Illinois around Memorial Day 2014. I thought I was seeing things, it was just one of those moments!
Have a nice week. See you on the streetz.
Which Wang Will You Wear?
Today/Thursday October 16, 2014, the full Alexander Wang x H&M collection was shown at a runway show in NYC. You can watch the show here. Seen at the fashion show were Oscar-Nominated Interstellar star, Jessica Chastain, Charlie’s Angels star Justin Theroux, Entourage and American Horror Story’s Kate Mara, and Beyonce’s Sister famous for her elevator ride with Jay Z, Solange Knowles. Musical guests included: Diplo,Jesse Marco, Sharaya J and Missy Elliot.
Below are pictures of many of the women’s pieces all courtesy of Vogue. Check out the very definite Black, White and Grey color palette. These looks are best described as:
Urban Chic, Sporty Street, Wang Bang Broadway, Health Club to Goth Club, Mad Max Back in Black, Three Shades of Wang or Dark Vader Athletic.
Seems many of the pieces of the collection are unisex. Some of the looks worn by the ladies look like some great men’s looks and vice-versa. I’m still digging the black, white and grey color palette. And now the black reflective tape is looking very tempting too.Yet, I still have my eye on that grey Puffer jacket.
Here are some of the Men’s looks courtesy of whowhatwear.
I doubt I’ll need the rubber pieces, a bit too hot to wear in Hawaii.But many of the other looks are quite wearable here and around the world. I’m hoping there’s some black and grey combat boots for men and I’ve had my eyes on that black leather back pack ($249) since the early pictures came out. Remember, the Alexander Wang x H&M Gear drops on Thursday November 6, 2014 at over 250 H&M stores and on-line at H&M. Prices range from $10-$350. Which is your favorite look?
Miranda Kerr’s Instagram shows her in Hawaii
#CelebSighting in Hawaii. Miranda Kerr posted this picture having her nails done @nailsinyourroom Hawaii. Prior to this photo she posted a picture of some men dancing at a traditional Hawaiian Luau. And after this picture Miranda posted a map of the Big Island.
Seems she wants to enjoy utilizing her Instagram account and reporting to us all that she’s in Hawaii. Yet, she’s still pretty secretive on exactly where she is? It looks like a quick stop over from a trip to Korea on her way back to NYC. Maybe we’ll see her on the streetz this weekend. Or knowing a celeb this BIG, she’s probably already on a plane to get out of here before the Ana Storm hits this weekend. We who live out here, had yet another Hurricane scare this week, looks like it will just be a TON of rain and some high winds. But for sure no Beaching or Surfing this weekend. Good weekend to catch up on some housework and movie binging.
Instead of showing a sexy Victoria Secret’s Fashion Show or a Model shoot, which many of you have probably already seen. Let’s watch this fun vid of Miranda playing Red Cup Flip Cup with Jimmy Fallon. Guess who will win prior to watching. Hint: It is a very close match.
If anyone knows where Miranda is staying in Hawaii, please do let us know in the comments section below. Hopefully it doesn’t rain too much this weekend, and I’ll see you on the streets of Waikiki.
10/17/14 Streetzblog Editor’s Update: Looks like Miranda is staying in Waikiki at either Trump Towers, the Halekaulani or the Modern. Miranda was in town for the Samantha Thavasa event at Ala Moana Center on Thursday 10/16/14. Of course, she looked pretty incredible wearing a crisp, clean nice white dress with matching white handbag with sparkling dangling earrings. Picture is courtesy of Tyson Joines Instagram Account. Photo by: Mark Ramelb.
New Louboutin’s for October 2014
Check out these styling new Louboutin’s for Men. So many Studs, Such fun colors. I suspect, also pretty pricey. But I’m afraid to look. If you want to see more of the new collection and dare to check the pricing, see these and others on Louboutin’s French Website here.
I would probably get the black one’s first, just because I like to stay a bit ghost with my style. But the pair above have a really nice shade of medium blue that doesn’t always come out, these might be the best bet for the money. The plaid pair would go nice with a dark brown suit. And Wow! Check out the candy colored studs. They look good enough to eat, like a retro candy necklace or sharper versions of the little dots of colored candies on the thin strips of paper. If you really want to meet some new people at a party, this is the pair to purchase. Some very tasty treats!
See the trailer below for the Focus movie. It has a bit of an independant vibe, yet stars Will Smith! Looks very exciting, suspenseful and a must see movie.
Must See Music Videos-Thursday October 2, 2014
Poison Ivory-Mr. Wonderful: My friend Romeo Valentine just came back from a star-studded tour of L.A. He hit up some clubs like the Greystone where he bumped into Chris Paul, Walter French, Charisma, Don Benjamin, DJ Amen and saw Lebron James in the VIP Lounge. He also went to see Poison Ivory and said that, All the LA DJ’s were there to check her out. They are banking on her being the NBT. I think she fits the blog pretty well, if you watch it, you’ll see some pretty progressive styling. Flo-Green Hair, Designer duds, lots of accessories including some pretty fun sunglasses, necklaces and a very colorful design palette. Which designers clothes and/or Accessories do you notice in the Vid? let us know in the comment section at the bottom of the blog. Also, tell us know if it’s a Yay or Nay on her blowing up big soon?
Chromeo-Old 45’s: This Video is compliments of Chromeo and SSENSE. SSENSE being one of my favorite places to go luxe-life shopping on-line. Well, once in a while shopping, most of the time, Window shopping or Trend watching. This tune was a bit slow and romantic for me the first time I listened to it, but by the 3rd time my feet were tapping the floor. Check out the cameo from Napoleon Dynamite. It’s really fun to see him there, but with all that dancing going on, why doesn’t he dance, did he forget his infamous moves from his big movie? I WANT HIM TO DANCE. But, still cool to see he’s still hanging around the scene. Note: You can get some Chromeo inspired clothing at SSENSE. The black leather biker jacket is pretty sick, see the Chromeo x Surface To Air clothes here.
Ahh, I couldn’t resist, here’s Napoleon Dynamite Doing his Thang. Go Nap D, Go Nap D, Go!
Kaskade-Atmosphere: I had such a great time working the door at this past weekend’s LoveFest. Thanks G, Don and Nikki. So glad you’ve gotten me out of the condo the last 3 years to see how LoveFest has gotten so huge and is such a fun event. I was at LoveFest 1-4 and 14-16. Not sure where I was 5-14, so glad to be back in the mix. Anyways, I had so much fun at LF, now I’m gearing up for Kaskade at Turtle Bay on November 8. So, here’s one of the newer Kaskade tunes. It’s also pretty fashionable and shows some Cool Kids Clothes along with some nice bright yellow and purple Atmosphere shirts. My favorite Kaskade tune is by far I Remember with Angel on my Shoulder and Cant stop DAncing coming in 2nd and 3rd. But this seemed the most fashionable and I’d never heard it until today. So here it is:
Moguai x Benny Benassi-Gangsta: This is my latest find, I actually heard it yesterday for the first time and tracked it down today. Benny is best known for his hit way back when entitled Satisfaction and Moguai is pretty good friends with Deadmau5 and did a couple pretty famous little ditty’s, ACIIID, and U know Y. This tune as all the elements rockin’ the EDM scene now. Stabbing infectious beats, a short repetitive snippet of a cool saying, and the Massive drop everyone digs at all the shows. Fresh, Funky and spot on for October 2, 2014.
Kaskade-The Brocks: I leave you now with One more Kaskade video. As you know I love to visit NYC, play basketball and once in a while attempt to skateboard. Thus, I need to show you this one. It fits so many different vibes that Streetzblog conveys. The video matches up great with many a streetzblog post. The song, well, it’s a bit mellow for me, but does have a catchy hook after you listen to it a couple of times.
See you on the streetz of Oahu this week and weekend. And hopefully at Kaskade in November. I’m Already getting ready to seeing everyone in NYC December 18-23, 2014. I can totally smell the crisp, cool, air, taste the best bacon in the world and oh so tasty sweet rolls at the buffet at my hotel and sure hope to see the FIT real or counterfeit exhibition.
Oh and if you forgot to get a Love Festival shirt or weren’t even there and want a dope shirt. There are a few still available over at CityStarsApparel.com
Rush to Waikiki for Jimmy Choo’s Limited Edition Clutch
As of Saturday September 27, 2014 there are 50 available!
The brand new Jimmy Choo Waikiki is officially open a the Royal Hawaiian Center in Waikiki on the island of Oahu. This is one of the first boutiques in the world to showcase the new store concept designed in collab with the David Collins Studio. The BIG news of this store’s opening is the offering of the Limited Edition Candy Clutch designed by creative Director, Sandra Choi which commemorates the opening of the Waikiki Boutique.
As of Saturday when I chatted via email with the store’s PR aficionado Abram, he mentioned that there are only 50 of these Limited Edition clutches left in the store. And when they are gone, they are GONE! Before you hit the internet, know that this Clutch is only available in the new Boutique. While they last, the Delightfully designed Gradated Blue, Orange and Yellow Hawaii inspired clutch is $995. If you can get to the store before they’re all sold out. Good thing is many don’t know the store is here yet, bad news is they will sure find out after this post goes live.
The New JImmy Choo Boutique is located at the Royal Hawaiian Center on the Diamond Head end near the Omega Store. Presently, the Kalakaua entrance is under construction, so please enter on the interior mall side of the store. Jimmy Choo is open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday thru Sunday. And Yes, Great news is they do provide validated parking.
Here’s the awesome information including their email address on the brand new store in Waikiki on the Island of Oahu. I may not purchase the Clutch personally, but I do know I’ll be down there soon checking out the patent leather Jimmy Cho for men Hi-Tops. Looking forward to the black pair similar to the white I noticed over at the Ala Moana store.
ROYAL HAWAIIAN CENTER
2201 KALAKAUA AVENUE, SUITE C-103A, HONOLULU, HI 96815, USA
T +1 (808) 922-4563
F +1 (808) 923-2783
Have a Great and Stylish Week. Next post will give you a snapshot of the Annual Love Festival and show you many of the fashion finds from the event on Saturday September 26, 2014 at Kakaako Waterfront Park on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. See you on the Streetz.
Say an Early Hello to Halloween and be well Prepared in October 2014
This year Halloween falls on a Friday. Friday October 31, 2014. It will be celebrated Friday October 24-Friday October 31st. Be especially aware of some of the bigger parties happening on Saturday October 25, 2014. Because Halloween is best celebrated on a Saturday. No Work for most on Sunday and it gives many extra time to get dressed and ready for the BIG night on the town, having their own party or just turning out all the lights and watching 8-12 hours of non-stop scary, sometimes pretty disturbing movies.
Here’s a nice little list of some tips and tricks to for this year’s Halloween Holiday.
Pumpkin Spice Food & Drinks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee: The original seasonal Starbucks pumpkin spice latte beverage looked forward to each year by both the caffeinated lovers and even the de-caf clan. Available now at all Starbucks locations
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese: Philadelphia brand cream cheese. Great on a plain or even better on a pumpkin flavored bagel. Tastes pretty good, just has a slightly peachy color. Another Seasonal product to get when you see it.
- Pumpkin spice Gum: Extra has its own version of the pumpkin spiced category. Just launched in August 2014, Extra pumpkin spiced gum may or may not last. The taste as one might say is interesting. Get it while you can in your local supermarket aisle or check out stand.
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding: Jell-O brand Pudding has you covered with a nice orange Pumpking Spiced pudding. Great to eat by itself, use as a quick and easy pie filling or put the plastic covering on the floor and get ready for the perfect pumpking flavored food fight. *Kids ask for permission from your parents. Adults, you may ask permission by your mate or roommates or you may just want to do it and ask for permission on a later date, like maybe never.
- Pumpkin Snacks: Another buy em’ if you see em’ pumpkin delicacy. Limited Edition Pumpkin Pop-Tarts. I think I could eat this for breakfast and I’m not a very good breakfast eater, Sundays I have a home-cooked meal, but the other days i can barely down a protein shake with my instant coffee caffeine drink. The Limited Edition treats are Available now while they last.
- Pumpkin Confections: Kraft has you covered to completely turbo charge your Boo-Berry cereal with Pumpkin Spiced marshmallows. Might be a fun filler for your hot chocolate, latte, or bust them out at the campfire and really freak everyone out. I have yet to try these, but may give them a whirl.
- Absinthe: The fluorescent green color will go perfect with anything orange. And the sugar cube can be your special tasty treat. Take some fun pictures with the green and orange color scheme. Take the pictures to the edge by tricking them out to an even more outrageous Flo-Green and Bright orange with the filters on the Camera+ App, then send them through Instagram for an added boost of decadent crazy color and effects.
- Orange Beer: So easy to make, just take the red and the yellow food coloring add some light-colored beer and you’re good to go. Who says you just need to drink colored beer on St. Patrick’s Day anyways?
- Pink Cashmere: This drink isn’t orange or green, it’s pink. But the candy melts into the drink in an oh so spectacular way. It’s for sure a Halloween go to drink-ity-drink and instant conversation starter. This crazy concoction comes from the folks at the Sage Restaurant at Aria in Las Vegas. In a shaker with a lot of ice, put 2 ounces of Grey Goose Cherry Noir vodka, 1/2 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup, and 1 once of white cranberry juice. Shake it up. Now comes the tricky and tasty part. Put a hand full of pink or other various colored cotton candy in a glass and pour the liquid libation on top of the cotton candy. Wait in delight as the cotton candy melts and oozes as the booze disassembles it into a perfectly spooky libation.
- The Devil Wears Prada: We can’t miss out on this fashionably decadent drink. With a title from one of my favorite movies, it’s gotta’ be good. 2 ounces of Jim Beam Devils Cut Whiskey, 1/2 ounce Dekuyper 03 Orange Liquer and some Angostura Bitters. Throw in some pre-made Orange food coloring or orange juice ice cubes and your ready to rock the orange carpet.
- Halloween Cups: So far my favorite this year is the Drink up Witches cups from Pear 1 Imports. $9.95 for a set available here
- Wreath: Not just for Christmas anymore. Colorful Skull and Flower Wreaths available now at Target for $20.
- Watch: Just in time for Halloween, you can rock your own candy necklace swatch watch. comes with 4 strands of non-edible but look very tasty strands of candy necklace circles for your wrist attached to a pink and aqua watch. Available at Swatch.com
- Land Sharks-This was the biggest year for Shark Week & Sharknado so we should see a slew of sharks
- Game of Thrones and Walking Dead Characters
- Breaking Bad should have at least one more good year of bright yellow jumpers and gas masks
- Gamora or Rocket the Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Frozen characters will be huge this year..Anna, Elsa and Olaf are all available now
- Princess’ like Belle, Aurora, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel and don’t forget the dark fairy Maleficent
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Cat in the Hat
- Young or Classic Batman and maybe the young Penguin from Gotham, he looks rather disturbing.
- Duck Dynasty Dudes
- Anime and Cosplay costumes should be pretty big in Hawaii this year
- Star Wars-It’s a little early for all the big hype, but people have the date set for the new Star Wars so costumes will be out and about this year
- The Dark and Black colored versions of the Hunger Games Characters. The next Mockingjay movie has some pretty goth looking posters out and about already.
- Don’t forget Divergent. A few great couples costumes to be found from that movie
- Another great group costume theme would be, it fits in the vampire Faery theme of 2014
- Captain America
- And my all time favorite is when someone makes a dinner table and has their head on it. So fun to see that one get around in the wee hours of the late night early morning
One of this year’s great costumes will be the Derick Jeter. Here’s a very cool Derick Jeter/Gatorade commercial. It looks extremely real, feels extremely real, I wonder how much of it was real?
See you on the Streetz. This Friday at Eat the Street and Saturday at the Love Fest.
Gotham Premieres on Fox Monday September 22, 2014
I just watched the preview for the new Fox TV series - Gotham. The Penguin looks very intriging to see his young life evolve. He’s already walking with a limp in the preview and he seems quite disturbed. Jada Pinkett Smith with her bright red streak of colored hair also looks like one to watch as she plays gangster, Fish Mooney-the theater disctrict’s over seer and the one with sites on overtaking the Falcone Crime Family and ruling all of Gotham. The city also looks fun! They said in the preview that it’s based on the raucous, chaotic NYC in the 70’s with some added 2014 elements like iPhones and other gadgets. It’s going to be hard to switch back and forth between Gotham and MNF. But might be time to reinstate my DVR.
Below is the newest Gotham trailer shown at the movie theaters and below it is the extended trailer. If you watch the new show, let us know what you think in the comments area of streetzblog.com
See some awesome Batman inspired snapbacks from Patricia Field from an earlier post of Gotham here
And I’ve spent the last couple hours preparing a Streetzblog Tips and Tricks for Halloween 2014. I’ll need to proof it on Monday and Tuesday, and most likely have it ready to post on Wednesday. This is another great year for Halloween celebrating. It should last a from Friday, October 24-Friday, October 31, 2014.
No more writing on my hand!
2014’s Makiki Heat brings you the latest and greatest finds of our time. The first is so perfect for me. I remember back in the 80’s being called into the bosses office for being unprofessional for writing on my hands. For some reason, when I can’t remember to do something, I write it on my hand. Usually in very easy to see, indelible, black, bold sharpie ink. I did it in the 80’s and still do it now. It’s 2014 and someone has finally found a solution. Enjoy reading about the Echo Smartpen and the other 4 HOT topics for September 2014.
Top 5 for August 2014
Echo Smartpen: For 20+ years, I’ve been writing sharpie messages on my hand to remind myself of important things to do at work or to buy cat litter, which It seems, I’m continually running out and having to buy. Many Days I have a Big CL written on the palm of my hand. You may ask? Why don’t I type things on my iPhone, well I do, i just don’t seem to get the alert and it’s a hard habit to break out of after so many years. Along comes the Echo Smartpen from livescribe.com. Every message, drawing or even voice audio you write or say goes directly to your phone, tablet or computer. Hopefully this will be the cure for me and you and everyone around the world who may write on their hand, wall, or post it note. As of today (9/14/14) it’s a bit expensive at $120, but I suspect the price will go down soon. $120 livescribe available here.
Lokai Bracelet: My daughter found this HOT bracelet and already owns a couple of them. The first and coolest thing i noticed when she wore it was the way the light reflected off of it and gave it a mysterious glow. Later I found out that the white ball is filled with water from Mt. Everest and the Black ball has mud from the dead sea in it. According to something I read on the web, Mt. Everest is the Highest place on earth and the dead sea the Lowest. Here’s a picture of my daughter’s bracelet: (Various prices and places to purchase, Google it for the best deals of the day).
Tom Ford’s Luxe-Life Sneaker Line: Cool, sleek, classically 2014. Tom Ford’s new line of luxurious leather or velvet sneakers are the must have kicks for Fall 2014. They come in Hi-Tops which I prefer or the traditional Low-Top. Tom’s designed Black, Brown, Red, and White versions with the color on top accented with a white sole. An Awesome Go-To Kick that would go with practically anything in your wardrobe. These styling shoes are dope for a Sunday afternoon mint julep and charcuterie Pic-Nic, or You can Swank up your Sunday best for church and are a great choice to wear to the Polo grounds with your favorite Black, Dark Blue or Grey Sunday suit. Of course you can wear them any day you like. I just think they look like the perfect shoe for a Sunday. Tom Ford Sneakers in leather and velvet. Available here for $690-$990.
Warby Parker x The Standard Sunglasses: Summer maybe winding down. But these babies look great in and out of the sun, during the day or night. The frames are colored with the flavors and vibe of Whiskey Tortoise Matte, which works really well with people with various colors in their hair. And the Glass portion is a nice Movie Star Blue. Day or NIght/Night or Day/Suns Out or Moon Glowing, whenever you wear them, these will look hot and get you some cool looks. Available for a limited time Here for $95 plus tax and shipping.
I’ll Drink to That: Memoir by Betty Halbreich, Legendary personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman. Betty is also the star and her career the theme of the movie and book of the same title, Scatter my Ashes at Bergdorf’s. She has styled the rich and famous for over 40 years and along with Patricia Field dressed the gals in the ever so popular TV Show and movie; Sex and the City. The Book takes us from her childhood through some not so good years to the infamous career of styling the rich and famous including Meryl Streep (From the movie: The Devil Wears Prada) and Candace Bergen. I’ll Drink to That is Available Here for $18.18 or get the Kindle version for just $11.99 Here.
Don’t forget GOTHAM is almost here. It premieres on Monday September 22nd on Fox!